Clear All
  • r8rh8rmike
    Rams Nation MVP
    • Jun 2004

No Home Field Advantage For Rams In London

No home field advantage for Rams in London

MATTIAS KAREN, AP Sports Writer
    Updated 3:32 p.m., Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LONDON (AP) — The St. Louis Rams are familiar with fans cheering for the opposition, even at their home games.

They're likely to get an even bigger dose of that Sunday when they go up against the New England Patriots at Wembley in the annual NFL game in London.

The Rams are technically the home team, but the Patriots — and especially Tom Brady — have a much bigger international following and may get more fan support.

The Rams already had a taste of that in a home loss to Green Bay on Sunday.

Coach Jeff Fisher said "we had a lot of Green Bay Packer fans in our stadium last weekend. ... Didn't bother us, didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game."

Quarterback Sam Bradford said the Wembley game is "a big stage, a big opportunity."
  • r8rh8rmike
    Rams Nation MVP
    • Jun 2004

Re: No Home Field Advantage For Rams In London

We'll see what happens as far as support, and I'm happpy our UK members get this opportunity, but IMO, playing a "home" game in London is not a good idea. Of course, a big win might change my mind.

Comment

• AvengerRam_old
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2004

Maybe it will be like Rocky IV.

By the end, the plucky, upstart Rams will win over the foreign crowd and Sam, draped in a Missouri flag, will exclaim "If yous can change... and I can change... EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!" (While Robert Kraft reluctantly applauds in his luxury box).

Comment

• rampower
        • Apr 2001

The bad news is ther will be a lot more Pats fans in the stadium tha rams fans. The good news is that besides whiner fans another very popular uk team) most will be pats haters hence we should outnumber them overall.

The only thing I hope is that the fans have learned a bit of how to cheer for a team. I went to the first 2 international series games and most of the crowd just cheered non stop so neither offense could hear a thing regardless, there was no home atmosphere for either team. After the last one I vowed never to go back (I've been spoiled and very lucky to go to STL 15 times in my life) as it just aint as good as going stateside for a game, but i wont miss the chance to watch my Rams over here. I am really looking forward to it and getting the chance to mmet up with some old freinds and new.
        The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

• RealRam
          • Jun 2001

Hmm, our friend Mattias underestimates the presence of the Clan in London! For one of our clan warriors on British land, ten thousand Rams fans march into Wembley!!!

--

--
          Last edited by RealRam; -10-24-2012, 03:23 PM. Reason: Clan / Ram charge

Comment

• macrammer
            • Sep 2006

Cna it be any worse then last week at the Lou??

Comment

• gap
              • Jan 2009

If it was a "Road game", I wouldn't be able to see it, as the kitty kats are playing at the same time. With it being a "Home game", the AFC team gets the broadcast, that means CBS. Since there is no local AFC team, and CBS is otherwise known as the cheatriots broadcasting station, I get to watch the game on recordable TV.

gap

Comment

• Flippin' Ram
                • Dec 2009

Knowing that we have 6 days to acclimate in London, I'd still consider that home field advantage. Even though it'll be a neutral field in Wembley, we should play less sluggish than the Patsies. Just hope it'll outgun the talent pool in the Patriots offense.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

• sosa39rams
                  • Jan 2010

No home field advantage what-so-ever. Wembley stadium: 60% Patriots fans, 35% Random fans, 5% Rams fans.

Comment

• RamFan_Til_I_Die
                    • Aug 2006

The St. Louis Rams are familiar with fans cheering for the opposition, even at their home games.
                    What an embarrassing statement. It's a shame the Rams have such disloyal fans. I don't care if they move to LA or Mars, but they need to move somewhere they will be appreciated and supported.

Comment

• tomahawk247
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                      No home field advantage what-so-ever. Wembley stadium: 60% Patriots fans, 35% Random fans, 5% Rams fans.
                      So it will be like the Green Bay game then?

I don't know where you got your figures from, but they are rubbish. Random NFL fans will make up the majority of the crowd.
                      @EssexRam_

Comment

• sosa39rams
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
                        So it will be like the Green Bay game then?

I don't know where you got your figures from, but they are rubbish. Random NFL fans will make up the majority of the crowd.
                        Yeah I was kidding. But thats the sad part. We need to travel to another continent to try and sell some tickets, and 90% of the fans there wont even be our own...

Comment

• RamDez
                          • Mar 2001

Yes but the CLANRAM will be there and I will be there .......... thats got to cound for something .... right!

__________________________________________________________
                          Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

• TheBritishRam
                            • Mar 2006

Unlike past years, when it was Buccaneers, Giants, Chargers, the neutral fans don't care either way. But the Patriots are polarizing - a lot will want the underdogs (Rams) to win. I still think the crowd will be the loudest they've played in front of this season.

We'll make some noise for them. Screw the damn Patriots.

Comment

• RealRam
                              • Jun 2001

Originally posted by TheBritishRam View Post
                              ...A lot will want the underdogs (Rams) to win. I still think the crowd will be the loudest they've played in front of this season.

We'll make some noise for them...
                              Go for it BritishRam!!! Make noise and Ram thunder! Like this ...

We'll be looking for Rams fans on TV - especially if they look like the ones in Post #5 above: from the Clan!

PS: Very nice upgrade modifications to the ClanRam website!
                              Last edited by RealRam; -10-25-2012, 06:31 PM. Reason: PS

Comment