MM...........Pathetic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM...........Pathetic..

You know, i'm usually not one who talks about anyone but,seriously Mad Mike you have to take the responsibility of this season period!!!!!!!
    Honestly,who in their right mind still thinks that this guy is the one that you want to lead you into battle?.............He has absolutely destroyed this franchise period!
    You drafted most of these guys,you hire the coaches,you call bs games,you run guys out of town,you think that your a genius,you need to be demoted!
    Before any of my fellow Ram fans decide to get reply a negative back at me,you had better think about or at least ask your self this,What has he really done for this teamthat Any high school coach (IMPO) could have taken the talent that he has had and could have done the same thing that Mr Martz has done with this team!....Thusfar!!!!!!!!
    I for one am sick of this man as our headcoach! He has to stand accountable for the play of this team! Yeah, i know that he doesnt throw,catch,tackle or run the damn ball but,he's the reason its happening whether this team has just given up or that they are that bad as players!
    I chose to believe that MM is not a leader! or should i say a headcoach
    I'm disgusted with this man as a headcoach,i truly have no ideal of what this man is like as a human being but, i do know this ,HE IS NOT A HEADCOACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4th down 6 minutes left down by 14 and he punts! .........JOKE.......Take a look at yourself mikey before you go pointing fingers again! Your just now addressing your problems, o-line is playing pitiful,your just now figureing this out! Ive been saying this for such a long time! DRAFT NEEDS........................O-line and D-line instead qb's at safety and reciever,3 D-line men that still arent producing,aw...........too many other goofs thatyou've made since you took over...........................PITIFUL
    Last edited by ; -11-29-2004, 09:32 PM.

Re: MM...........Pathetic..

Originally posted by talkstoangels61
    Any high school coach IMPO could have taken the taleent that he has had and could have done the same thing that Mr Martz has done with this team!....Thusfar!!!!!!!!
    I disagree 100%. In fact, I couldn't disagree more with this statement, because I'm disagreeing so much right now.

Comment

How did i know that you would be the first to respond?..............lucky i guess

Comment

let me guess, you want Mr. Vermeil back?

Comment

No, i want someone that will quit blaming everyone else! Someone that truly knows how to be a headcoach! You guys kill me here some of us make a point about what we believe is the problem with this team and lord and behold we either want DV back or KW! What gives here?..........Here's something to chew on! Who's the only headcoach to take the St.Louis Rams to the Big show and WIN?...............If you want to put it that way!............I'll give you 3 guesses!...................What Georgia and the Rams should do i guess would to be as MM has done with his players that isnt producing!.....................Pack their bags they're not producing either!

Comment

what we need is a DC who actually has a pair of nuts. martz is fine as the head coach. i am so sick of this non-aggressive defense. we aren't good enough to sit back and react.

Comment

With all due respect tanus, we gave up almost 300 yards on the ground to backup running backs and didnt get within the same area code of the qb. How exactly is that the coordinator or the head coaches fault. Gentlemen, the talent level on our defense is a joke and that is that. The holes tonight that green bay opened look like a college game. That isnt coaching, its total physical dominance by superior players.

when the year started many of us said that stopping the run would be a critical component to the success of the team. we havent done it at all. the players have to play and they have not done so.

general counsel

Comment

Here is my big complaint about Marmie. He has no imagination at all! i mean honestly, he does nothing to try and free up Little. We rarely blitz. We just sit back and react. We are not good enough to play defense that way, as it is clearly obvious. We have to play aggressive balls to the walls defense. I truly feel that is the only way we will have a chance this year. It is the coordinator's job to come up with packages that will confuse the QB. If you think the other team is going to be double teaming Little, why not bring a blitzer to Little's side to force one of them to come off of Little? Why don't we ever have the DE's drop back into a zone and have the outside LB's blitz? Anything, something, just try and use some creativity. Honestly, what do we have to lose? We can't sit back and stop teams. We have proven that multiple times this year.

Comment

I think we need to open the check book and do whatever it takes to get the D-coordinator from New England. He's no Bellichick but he's still head and shoulders above anything we've got now. He's also been part of a staff that understands and knows how to acquire talent without overspending.

Comment

Well gc I think I will have to respectfully disagree and side with Tanus. Sure we have had some injuries, but we are not that far removed from last years squad. Marmie is a proven putz and Martz was a fool for hiring him. Marmie does not inspire and he semingly lacks any grasp of a decent game plan or adjustments throughout the game.

:ramlogo:
                    Curly ~ Horns

Comment

Well I disagree with everyone. I think it is talent and Marmie. Yep the two things wrong with our defense is bad players and worse coaching, thus the 2004 Rams Defense. Close your Eyes Deacon, Don't look this way Merlin, Pay no attention Youngblood this is just a figmunt of your imaginations...

Comment

another typical Martz game plan. utterly pathetic. all you Martz apologists need to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that it comes back to the HC getting his team ready to play. for 2 weeks now, he has not done that.

and let's not forget that he is the one making the changes on defense. those moves aren't working out. if there is no talent, it's because he doesn't know how to draft. he drafted alot of those players on defense. so, if there is a lack of talent, it's part of his problem. I mean, no one else in the world would have wasted a 3rd round pick on Eric Crouch to make him a WR. what a joke. this team is becoming a joke again and I can't stand it.

furthermore, what happened to the offensive genius that he supposedly used to be. this team used to score 27-30 on anybody, now they're lucky to break 20! what happened? let me guess, that's Marmie's fault too. or maybe we have a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

whatever the case, all you Martz die-hards will find a way to blame it on somebody other than Martz. that's your MO.

what did they have last night, 12 rushes and 50 passes? that's a typical Martz game plan. the guy hasn't learned a thing. also, the guy is making personel changes left and right, but for some reason, he refuses to bench Faulk. Jackson has clearly been the better runner this year but Faulk is still in there averaging his 1-2 yards per carry. I don't get it.

this ship is sinking and you all are willing to go down with "the captain" instead of calling for a mutiny.

time to right the ship with a new "captain" at the helm.

Comment

Honestly,who in their right mind still thinks that this guy is the one that you want to lead you into battle?.............He has absolutely destroyed this franchise period!
                          that has to be the silliest thing I have seen written in a long time.

__________________________________________________________
                          Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Originally posted by lakerams
                            another typical Martz game plan. utterly pathetic. all you Martz apologists need to wake up and smell the coffee and realize that it comes back to the HC getting his team ready to play. for 2 weeks now, he has not done that.

and let's not forget that he is the one making the changes on defense. those moves aren't working out. if there is no talent, it's because he doesn't know how to draft. he drafted alot of those players on defense. so, if there is a lack of talent, it's part of his problem. I mean, no one else in the world would have wasted a 3rd round pick on Eric Crouch to make him a WR. what a joke. this team is becoming a joke again and I can't stand it.

furthermore, what happened to the offensive genius that he supposedly used to be. this team used to score 27-30 on anybody, now they're lucky to break 20! what happened? let me guess, that's Marmie's fault too. or maybe we have a lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball.

whatever the case, all you Martz die-hards will find a way to blame it on somebody other than Martz. that's your MO.

what did they have last night, 12 rushes and 50 passes? that's a typical Martz game plan. the guy hasn't learned a thing. also, the guy is making personel changes left and right, but for some reason, he refuses to bench Faulk. Jackson has clearly been the better runner this year but Faulk is still in there averaging his 1-2 yards per carry. I don't get it.

this ship is sinking and you all are willing to go down with "the captain" instead of calling for a mutiny.

time to right the ship with a new "captain" at the helm.
                            this comes a close second LOL

Dude, you attack the Rams, everyone in the Rams, the fans and anyone who supports Mike Martz.

I am astounded that you attack Faulk and Martz for being loyal to him. Can you remember that even though Jackson had some great runs last night, he also fumbled the ball. Yea, he got away with it due to Mikes well called time out but he FUMBLED. Jackson will be a very good back but he is not Marshall. Let the guy fade with some dignity instead of crying for his benching ...... thats just shocking.

__________________________________________________________
                            Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

We had almost 500 yards of offense last night. Did martz fumble the ball in the first quarter leading to a td for green bay. did he miss the early field goal?

I am not saying that martz doesnt bear some responsibility and i am not saying i am a marmie fan.

The point i am making is that buddy ryan could be the defensive coordinator and we would still be having major problems on the defensive side of the ball.

As for the defense being the same as last year, how good did the defense look to you at the end of last year? We got torched by detroit and carolina with the season on the line. We lived off turnovers and wilkens last year and frankly some of that is luck.

Did firing bobby april help? No. Same concept. I am 100% sure marmie wont be back and frankly, i would be fine with seeing kollar promoted this morning and marmie fired, but it still wont change the fact that we are getting killed at the point of attack. how can anyone get around that.

general counsel

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• talkstoangels61
                                So now,how many of you still think Martz is a genius?
                                by talkstoangels61
                                After today's laugher! along with last weeks sqeeker . He now confirms my thoughts on himself as being a leader of this team! Actually it has gone back to his first year of taking over this team! Mad Mike is noooooooo Head coach (period). Anyone could have taken over this team and would have been this successful. If you can call his tenur here a success so far! then he goes and hires the DC from the Cards (which havent been that good in recent years) to try toget this D-fense up to par. IMPO its not going to happen! WE need D efensive tackles that will plug up the middle not continue to get run over! Offensive line should have been addressed also (didnt happen) But what did he do in the draft? (NOTHING that we really needed this year) Don't get me wrong here! I like Jackson!!!!! But, our needs we much greater! Got rid of the Qb that should be leading our team! Should have traded our draft picks for proven line help on both sides of the ball!!!!! Instead he is blundering this franchise he inhereted! I believe he should gracefully step down as head coach and return to his true calling as a oc! IMPO a head coach should be a decision maker and as of today his decisions totally suck! challenges ,timeouts,play calling,roster moves,getting this team focused week to week,etc. Now withthis resume would you as a business owner hire this guy to run your Franchise? Not me! Georgia open your eyes! You are loosing your Dynasty!...........................along with some fans i might add! If this Mad <Mike football continues you will loose more than just games and fans You also will loose revinue! Isnt that the reason you cut Kurt and company? Because it was a business decision that was supposed to help the team with it's cap. Did you like the results in the 90's? If not careful it will happen again with all the poor business decisions& game decision's your genius Head coach is dictating!........................i for one do not want to watch a team of this caliber to keep declining and loosing our oppertunity to be considered as a DYNASTY! I was sick of loosing for all of those years! Lets get back to winning!
                                -09-19-2004, 02:04 PM
                              • BrokenWing
                                A Dark Road
                                by BrokenWing
                                Just the other day I was talking to my girlfriend like I am want to do and I mentioned the number of UNC (where she goes to college) players on the Rams and she eventually said I might need to start looking for a new team to follow if they don't start winning soon. I of course dismissed such notions out of hand, not for me the bandwagon fan.

For awhile, I put thoughts of the Rams aside and focused on other hobbies I have, like painting and putting together my numerous Warhammer 40k armies, coming up with new ideas for my novel and working on various other fictional projects I have going. Today, however, I was driving my mustang and thinking about how my parents were driving me insane today with all their phone calls and indecision and some how, I got to thinking about the Rams again. This time I looked at it from a fresh perspective not colored by my general displeasure with Sunday's game. I came to some conclusions about what the Rams must do going forward, putting my analytical skills as a Historian to use in the process to try and come to a conclusion not colored by emotion or team loyalty.

First:

What is going on?

For awhile this season I have thought that perhaps it really was injuries, short off-season and so on. Perhaps we just don't have enough high quality players or maybe it was the Coaching Staff. Then, I read an article on NFL.com that told me Chris Long, of all people, was talking about how "embarrassing" their run defense had been on Sunday. When is the last time Chris Long spoke out like that? Do you remember the last time Ram players started to speak out (Remember Steven Jackson's comment earlier this season)?

I remember. It was the last year of Scott Linehan, it was the year of the eye rolls and the shrugs, the year the Coach lost the players. Has Spags lost his players? I think he's starting to. I think it started with Steven Jackson and I don't think it's going to get better. I can present no smoking gun evidence in this matter, but I can simply point you back in time and remind you of what has transpired before and what has been said of late.

Do I believe we lack the quality players to compete? No. I look to the Bills and Bengals as evidence of this. Both of these teams are playing competitive football with only a few good men. Do the Rams have a few good men? Yes they do, they have Bradford, Steven Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Chris Long and JL. Are they missing pieces? Certainly, but the same can clearly be said of the two teams I mentioned above. So what's the difference? I would suggest coaching. I think the biggest difference is that this Coach has lost his players and those two coaches have not.

Second:

How do you move forward?

I have seen people suggest blowing up the team. I think you wait for the year to end before making that decision. If that decision is made however, I suggest keeping Bradford...
                                -10-24-2011, 02:46 PM
                              • clarasDK
                                The 101 of keeping your NFL coaching job
                                by clarasDK
                                Being black Monday and being bored in the off-season (sighs) I decided to use all my knowledge about NFL coaching (none) to make a nice guide for new and existing head coaches on how to keep their jobs in the NFL for many years.

I see this as a developing wiki/faq so please feel free to add more insights too further help poor head coaches close to losing their jobs.

Disclaimer
                                Please bear with my English as this is not my main language and I am freaking tired from some random late overtime loss I watched yesterday night.

Any similarity with persons leaving or dead is pure coincidence. As stated I do know nothing about being an NFL coach and this is only written based on pure logic thinking (or whatever you call what is going on in my brain)

Team selection
                                If you are just about to start in the business of head coaching and have not signed with a team yet there are some things you can do from day one to put yourself in a better position for a long term job.
                                1. Find a really bad team to start with something like having a winning percentage of around .350 over the last 10 years. This is smart because even though you cannot pull of a single winning season in the following many years it does not take much effort to get a little better and you can just say: I am better than the coaches before me, things are improving. We will try harder next week.
                                2. Try to find a team with a lot of young players or make it your mission to throw out old players and put in young players as soon as possible. That will give you a few years where you can just point to the fact that you are the youngest team in the NFL and that you are still learning
                                3. Find a team with a QB in place so that you do not need to take the blame if he fails, that can give you some extra years of doubt. Doubt is your best friend this can be the biggest factor in giving your more years as a HC
                                4. If possible, find a team that is a candidate for relocation within the next 4-5 years that will scare anybody else away and could give you another year or two. No matter how bad a job you do

During the season
                                1. Never play to win! Always play not to lose. This will in most cases not give you a winning record but there is a higher chance that you will just do enough. This will also make your fans bored who than do not show up for games. This is important to help the team relocation happen that can give you some extra years. You do not want your team to become too big a succeed and jeopardizing the relocation!
                                2. Play calling should always be boring and conservative. Again keep fans away and play not to lose.
                                3. The first 3-4 weeks of a season you will probably do fine as the opponents do not have tape on your gaming calling and maybe not on your QB. Then typically things will go downhill. Around game 8 change the QB and if really needed the OC. This will give you 3-4 good games again as the opponents again cannot study
                                -01-04-2016, 11:23 AM
                                Dont Read This
                                by Guest
                                This is bound to rub some people the wrong way however that is not my intention. This is what is in my head regarding the rams and I cannot shake it so I decided to share it.

I realize that many of you still hold the illusion that Mike Martz is going to take us to the promise land. That is a good thing because we need believers. I think I understand and appreciate why you refuse to shed the blinders.

Of course you will never openly admit it but I bet any of your solo pillow talk reeks of reality. What is not gone or what has not been squandered from the early part of this decade is now either screwed up or obsolete.

Regardless of how you want to spin the issue, the fact is we have been living on borrowed time and while the components were more then ample to succeed in winning at least one more world championship it didnít get done. The Rams found every way to shoot themselves in the foot and even invented new ways to be sure it wouldnít happen. Yes I know you have heard this before.

No one is in charge of that football team. When the wife of a player can cause distraction such as Brenda Warner did then something is wrong with the leadership of that team. When a leader of a team allows a two time MVP to become a whipping boy in the locker room then something is wrong with the leadership of that team. When a single player is allowed to infect an entire squad such as Kevin Carter did in 2000 then something is wrong with the leadership of that team.

Mike Martz is a key component of that team but it ends there. At best he is wishy washy as a leader. At worst he is completely incompetent as a leader. Nothing that lies between wishy washy and incompetent is acceptable in the NFL or any other place where a leader is needed.

The truth hiding cream puff schedule the Rams faced last year was their last opportunity with what was left of the core of players from the early part of this decade but once again the wrong players were playing while the wrong plays were called and the wrong strategy surfaced during the two most critical minutes of the season.

It would take all of the gifts, all of the luck and all of the bounces going the Rams way to enter the playoffs this season. Once in the playoffs only a similar concentration of good fortune would propel this team into the Superbowl. Or would it? One may be compelled to say that the Rams would also have to play mistake free football such as the Patriots did in Superbowl XXXVI and that isnít going to happen with this leadership.

I pray that there is something I am missing and that I am just a stupid arm chair quarterback that doesnít know his grass from a hole in the turf but I have been a Rams fan for a long time and if things go as common sense suggests it will, the next time the Rams see the post season will be under new leadership.

-08-26-2004, 11:13 AM
                              • LaRamsFanLongTime
                                What have we done?
                                by LaRamsFanLongTime
                                With so many things to be dissapointed with I find myself at a weird place in my life. The Rams suck and I dont know if I care. It seems upper management has let the team slip away and we are quickly returning to wearing brown bags and praying the 90's is not relived. Not that I would mind winning another superbowl after a long stay at the bottom.Dont get me wrong I still proudly wear my horns every Sunday and do not deny that I am a faithful fan.

The reason my heart though does not allow me to care is the loss of Bruce. When he was released I said to myself any hope of climbing out the gutter has just diminished. Holt is a great receiver but even he could not consitantly break apart a secondary that is keying on his every move. I could see it now in the opposing teams game planning. "See that guy right there cover him! See all these other receivers pretend you are covering them. They will get scared at your presence and forget what route they are running."

I know I will get over the loss of Bruuce but it's hard to see him get 4 receptions for 150 while wearing gold and red. This is a guy that defenses will have to account for as long as he can breathe. The man gets open that simple. Holt and bruce together would still be a top 10 receiving pair capable of taking over a game. When a man restructures his contract after being released you do not just let him go the next year. What more could they have asked for.

Holt seriously seems like he wants nothing to do with this orginization and I cannot say I blame him. It has been a long time since I have seen the Rams so complacent. Seeing an empty dome during the season opener breaks my heart. We need a fire and we need it now. I say Linehan packs it in for the season. Maybe it will be like the Mets a new fire will be born. I said let linehan have an injury free 3rd year and go from there, well the starters are in Scott no excuses you suck.

A head coach that has made our offense go through his play calling, then anothers now anothers?????Consistancy while operating an offense is key. While I called for his head I wonder where we might be had Martz still been our coach at least the system did not change season to season.

I hate to say but if this year finishes how it has begun with the number one pick of the draft we Go Tim Tebow. He can at least improvise and does not have feet made of lead. This line cannot support a pocket passer they need a little mobility. Avenger help us out start whispering to him how great he would be in a Rams uniform.

Defense what is going on? Those guys that are 6ft 3 and weigh 180 run 4.4 40's, you know wideouts??? Dont let them get behind you on every other play. At least pretend you can cover those guys.

Alright we are playing a team this week that we can beat we all know that. So for the love of God Rams show some sort of passion. Please, us diehards deserve...
                                -09-17-2008, 08:53 PM
                              Working...
                              X