Let's Think for a Second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Think for a Second

A night after the Rams debacle in Green Bay, it's finally dawned on me. This team is not a contender this year. We might make the playoffs, but we are a bad football team.

I blame the defense. And because I don't think the defense can get any worse, that leaves only one place for this team to go: up!

The offense will basically be the same next year and we have very few questions on offense. As long as we fill the right tackle spot whether through free agency or the draft, and resign Isaac and Pace, the offense will be good.

Since the defense can't get any worse, we can only improve. We have many holes to fill but whoever we replace has to be better right? As long as the defense gets better, this team has to be a serious contender in 2005 right?

Re: Let's Think for a Second

The defense could get worse if Little is found guilty and is forced to miss time on the field. Don't mean to piss on the parade, but without Little, we'd be even more hard-pressed for a pass rush.

Comment

I reckon we chuck the remaining games this year

Comment

This defense is in trouble. It's going to come down to this.....do we pay Pace or do we get help with his contract money?

I hate this one.

Comment

Pace showed very little PRO BOWL style on Monday ' And i'm sure his play this year is due to his lack of desire to be with the boys during the pre-season. And I feel he is coming to his end. The guy looks slow and I think he has given up more sacks this year then in all years combined. I could be wrong so don't linch me , but this is by far his worst year! Let him go and start with a new kid and build from there! He kills us every year with his B.S. !!!!!

Comment

Itís far more then just a bad defense, special teams are bad due to lack of depth on this team. O-line canít open a hole, they are in need of an overhaul, has Pace signed are we going to just pay home 8 bones per. Marshal is he done or we just canít tell, due to lack of blocking. Turn-overs we have been so bad for so long, we canít over come this, with this our offense we arenít that good anymore. I for the most part like Martz but it seems to me, without the great play from the players he has not been able to get teams off balance with his play calling. Teams are given us the middle of the field until the red zone and they stop us no problem.

The "D" is simple too smallÖ they look like a high school team, you can put all these guys on the line, still they canít stop anybody, just to small.

Comment

Let him go and start with a new kid and build from there!
              ...and then at right tackle we have...Grant Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by txramsfan
                This defense is in trouble. It's going to come down to this.....do we pay Pace or do we get help with his contract money?

I hate this one.

This is a tough one. I say if we can't sign Pace to a long term contract, then we let him go and spend the money else where to shore up some of the holes on the team.

Comment

Any list of free agents this coming off season?

Comment

Originally posted by chief
                    Any list of free agents this coming off season?
                    I posted one a while back in the General NFL forum.

Comment

Here's my ideal 'realistic' roster for 2005:

Code:
                      QB: M.Bulger
                      HB: S.Jackson
                      FB: J.Goodspeed
                      TE: B.Manumaleuna
                      WR: T.Holt
                          I.Bruce
                      LT: O.Pace
                      LG: S.Tercero
                       C: A.McCollum
                      RG: A.Timmerman
                      RT: J.Brown*

LE: L.Little
                      DT: R.Pickett
                      DT: O.Harris**
                      RE: B.Fisher
                      OLB: P.Tinoisamoa
                      MLB: E.Hartwell***
                      OLB: C.Greenway****
                      CB: J.Butler
                      CB: T.Fisher
                      SS: A.Archuleta
                      FS: J.Bullocks*****

*     Acquired in the 1st Round of the 2005 Draft
                      **    Acquired in the 3rd Round of the 2005 Draft (Miami's pick)
                      ***   Acquired from free agency
                      ****  Acquired in the 2nd Round of the 2005 Draft
                      ***** Acquired in the 3rd Round of the 2005 Draft
                      Possible changes: If we can add Fred Miller, we can put Jamaal Brown at LT and allow Pace to walk. That would allow us to sign another big name on defense. Perhaps a DE in case Little won't be playing or maybe a Safety.
                      Last edited by ZigZagRam; -12-01-2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Not bad. Brown has the physical skills to play on either side of the line. I'd actually like to see him start out at either LG or RT before moving to LT if we're going that option. Throwing a rookie in at LT doesn't sound that secure in my idea.

You think Harris will be available in the third round? I kind of doubt it. And what happened to our second round pick?

Comment

I love the idea of Brown falling to us in the 1st round. That would be as big a gift as Jackson. Hope you're right Zig.
                          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Well the way I see it, Brown will only be the 3rd LT taken in the draft. The first two being D'Brickshaw Ferguson and Alex Barron. If not we could take Jonathan Scott or Michael Munoz but if that were the case I think we'd have to retain Pace.

Chad Greenway would be our second round pick. Reminds many of Brian Urlacher. Really fast.

As for Orien Harris, he'd be our, let's call it, Miami pick in the 3rd round. I don't think it's improbable to see Harris available in the third round with guys like Rodrique White, Antaaj Hawthorne, Travis Johnson, Gabe Watson, Haloti Ngata, and Mike Patterson also being drafted in the first 3 rounds. I'd take any of those guys.
                            Last edited by ZigZagRam; -12-02-2004, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X