Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tough guy of the game award goes to.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tough guy of the game award goes to.....

Roger Saffold, who i continue to think very highly of. He has struggled with injuries this year, but the guy came back into the game at least twice after dragging himself off the field hurt, which what looked like some kind of back problem. I really hope we get him back this week.

Honorable mention goes to johnny hecker for getting off the punt after he dropped the snap, knowing that he was going to get creamed, which he did.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tough guy of the game award goes to.....

I agree. Saffold is a really good left tackle. I don't understand why people keep insisting we draft Joeckel. Saffolds had some bad luck with injuries the past few seasons but when healthy he really elevates the whole offensive lines performance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: tough guy of the game award goes to.....

Stephen Jackson.
      Look away. I'm hideous. __ Cozmo Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post

Honorable mention goes to johnny hecker for getting off the punt after he dropped the snap, knowing that he was going to get creamed, which he did.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
        In another thread there is talk about the lack of penalties as "Lost in the euphoria", and I agree with that whole heartedly. I am purposely not ragging on the officials' potentially costly mistakes because they didn't make any that cost us the game.

This one however would be the one that I would be screaming about had we lost.

One could argue, and I have done it in the past, that there was no roughing the kicker because the "muff" that allowed the ball to hit the turf, but experience has me saying not so. I don't remember how long ago it was, or what team we were playing, but we had almost the same scenario happen to one of our opponents. In that game, we were flagged for roughing the kicker, which gave the other team the ball back, 15 yards, and with a first down.

Had this play caused us to lose the game, it would have been one of the most egregious non-calls of the weekend. Right up there with the fail-mary in week three IMO.

Major KUDOs to Hekker for putting his body on the line to get that kick off.

gap

Comment

A question about that play? Wouldnt that technically be a roughing the kicker

Comment

Originally posted by RamOG View Post
            A question about that play? Wouldnt that technically be a roughing the kicker
            In the recent past, that RAMS were actually flagged for for roughing in that very same scenario. I did not agree with it then, so I would have to say, "No." But past history tells me it was a 15 yard, automatic first down, roughing the kicker penalty that wasn't called.

gap

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
              The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of our Xmas win
              by general counsel
              Merry New Year everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting my post game analysis up on the board, but i had to leave after the game for a xmas eve dinner at a close friend's house. I have virtually no voice left from screaming all game, but it sure was worth it.

What a fantastic football game to watch. The quality of the product the nfl puts on the field is really amazing. If you look at the records, neither of these two teams is very good. However, today was a very well played evenly matched game with only two turnovers and limited penalties. Some special teams excitement on both sides provided crucial turning points and ultimately affected the outcome. Can you imagine getting eliminated in a game where a no name kicker drills a 52 yarded with 3 minutes left while Money misses a virtual chip shot with the game on the line.

Our playoff prospects our still very tough. We need to beat minny and i believe we need three additional things to happen (unless there are additional tiebreakers i dont know about). We need to saints to beat carolina (good shot), the eagles to beat the falcons (good shot) and the redskins to beat the giants (decent shot). Having all three break our way is going to be tough, but looking at all of the games individually, i think we have a legitimate chance if we can win on our own.

The Rams showed heart today and the kind of offensive firepower that we have been waiting for all year. Against a redskins defense that had given up LESS THAN 300 YARDS each of the last two weeks against the saints and the eagles, we tallied 579 yards of total offense and 37 points with only one turnover. WE did it with a balanced attack and absolute superstar performances from both Bulger and The Big Boy. WE also did it with timely play from the defense and a very solid performance from a very young o line that played their hearts out without The Big Man.

One thing i think we can all agree on. If we win our last game and dont make it at 8-8 due to the tiebreakers, we can look back at the loss to arizona at home and clearly say that game cost us the playoffs. By far our worst loss of the season in my view, especially since we barely showed up at home against a lousy team. That is NOT the kind of loss a playoff caliber team can afford.

For this week, i am really going to enjoy being alive for another week. If we win that last game, i will be thrilled with the strong finish and the play of our young guys, especially on the o line as we look ahead to next year.

The Good

The Big Boy. LT is the best back in the NFL and an all time great. Right now, stephen jackson is the #2 overall all around back in the nfl and thats that. Gore and larry johnson are having great years, but all around, jackson has them both beat. The Big Boy is truly a manchild. The pick at #20 was a steal when we made it and Jackson can have no doubters left...
              -12-24-2006, 07:30 PM
            • RamDez
              Tough game
              by RamDez
              3 misses by the rookie, dont blame him as there was some tough kicks there.

Bradford was superb. Defence was great.

What the heck is going on with the stupid penalties?
              -10-14-2012, 01:24 PM
            • RamWraith
              Linehan's conference
              by RamWraith
              Head Coach Scott Linehan

September 10, 2007

(Opening Remarks)

“Orlando (Pace) is out for the year. He has a torn labrum and rotator cuff in his right shoulder. I feel real bad for Orlando. He worked very, very hard to get himself back from his triceps injury a year ago. He probably is in the best shape he’s been in a number of years. He really worked his butt off to get back to what I thought was his best condition, at least since I’ve been here. He had a real unfortunate injury. We’ll have to pick up the pieces for him as far as our personnel goes in our line. Next Sunday we’ll have our best five out there. Right now we’ll be working on a couple different scenarios. We feel very badly for Orlando, but the team will pick up the slack from that loss.

“Pisa (Tinoisamoa) had a right ankle injury. He’ll be day-to-day this week. It’s not a high ankle sprain, but it is a sprain. We’ll know more as the week progresses.

“Dante Hall came out with some cramps, but he’s alright. Richie Incognito is improving. We’ll probably know more with him by Thursday. Drew Bennett’s left quad is also improving. We’re hopeful for this week. There is no change in his condition until we start practicing full-speed on Wednesday, but we’re very hopeful for him.

“Victor Adeyanju had a left knee sprain that got worse as the week went on last week. That’s why he was inactive – no other reason. He just was not able to go full-speed. On Friday it had actually gotten worse, so we opted to put him down for this last game. He feels much better today and with an extra day – tomorrow’s rest, he should be fine.

“We had our opportunities and we did not take advantage of it. Carolina had theirs and they took advantage of them and executed what they had to do in the second half. The bottom line is you have to play your best football in tight games, in the second half, third and fourth quarters. As always you have to credit them for doing what we weren’t able to do. The biggest key is how we respond to a tough loss. It’s early in the year. We can’t do anything about it now other than learn from it, pick up the pieces, move on and correct the things that need to be corrected, as always. We need to be very, very positive, yet very, very critical of ourselves and what we need to do better and move on. It’s very, very simple.”

(On if the tape showed LT Orlando Pace’s injury)

“The tape didn’t show much. It showed the pass-set. He was helping on the inside man with his right arm. You really can’t see it, but it must have been a pretty dramatic blow to have that kind of damage in there. You see him turn out of that. He turns towards his man, but he was unable to do much. You can see his arm drop. I have not talked extensively to him about whether it was the punch or the...
              -09-10-2007, 05:52 PM
            • NJ Ramsfan1
              Yu Darvish- GUTLESS
              by NJ Ramsfan1
              As a big Dodgers fan, needless to say I am extremely disappointed in last night's game 7 loss. The Dodgers' bats didn't show up for much of the series (they hit .205). Guys they counted on during the season played poorly (Justin turner a no-show, Kenley Jansen a blown save and a loss, Cody Bellinger a strikeout machine, among others). They blew a 3-1 lead in game 2, and later 4-0 and 7-4 leads in game 5 with their ace on the mound. Even with all that, the series was there for the taking. And they had game 7 at home. They didn't get it done- and didn't deserve to win.

While he had plenty of company, Yu Darvish deserves the brunt of this scathing critique for his totally gutless performances in games 3 and 7. How a pitcher with his ability could have not one but TWO starts in which he couldn't get out of the 2nd inning is mind-boggling, disgraceful and unprecedented from what I can remember going back a lot of years watching this sport. He should donate his game checks to the American Heart Association since he apparently has none. He's forever damaged how I and undoubtedly many others will view him regardless of what he does from this point forward in his career. Absolutely no balls whatsoever and no appreciation for the occasion and what was at stake.

A bitter, bitter pill to swallow.
              -11-02-2017, 07:07 AM
            • RamWraith
              linehan quotes
              by RamWraith
              Head Coach Scott Linehan

September 10, 2007

(Opening Remarks)

“Orlando (Pace) is out for the year. He has a torn labrum and rotator cuff in his right shoulder. I feel real bad for Orlando. He worked very, very hard to get himself back from his triceps injury a year ago. He probably is in the best shape he’s been in a number of years. He really worked his butt off to get back to what I thought was his best condition, at least since I’ve been here. He had a real unfortunate injury. We’ll have to pick up the pieces for him as far as our personnel goes in our line. Next Sunday we’ll have our best five out there. Right now we’ll be working on a couple different scenarios. We feel very badly for Orlando, but the team will pick up the slack from that loss.

“Pisa (Tinoisamoa) had a right ankle injury. He’ll be day-to-day this week. It’s not a high ankle sprain, but it is a sprain. We’ll know more as the week progresses.

“Dante Hall came out with some cramps, but he’s alright. Richie Incognito is improving. We’ll probably know more with him by Thursday. Drew Bennett’s left quad is also improving. We’re hopeful for this week. There is no change in his condition until we start practicing full-speed on Wednesday, but we’re very hopeful for him.

“Victor Adeyanju had a left knee sprain that got worse as the week went on last week. That’s why he was inactive – no other reason. He just was not able to go full-speed. On Friday it had actually gotten worse, so we opted to put him down for this last game. He feels much better today and with an extra day – tomorrow’s rest, he should be fine.

“We had our opportunities and we did not take advantage of it. Carolina had theirs and they took advantage of them and executed what they had to do in the second half. The bottom line is you have to play your best football in tight games, in the second half, third and fourth quarters. As always you have to credit them for doing what we weren’t able to do. The biggest key is how we respond to a tough loss. It’s early in the year. We can’t do anything about it now other than learn from it, pick up the pieces, move on and correct the things that need to be corrected, as always. We need to be very, very positive, yet very, very critical of ourselves and what we need to do better and move on. It’s very, very simple.”

(On if the tape showed LT Orlando Pace’s injury)

“The tape didn’t show much. It showed the pass-set. He was helping on the inside man with his right arm. You really can’t see it, but it must have been a pretty dramatic blow to have that kind of damage in there. You see him turn out of that. He turns towards his man, but he was unable to do much. You can see his arm drop. I have not talked extensively to him about whether it was the punch or the...
              -09-13-2007, 05:29 AM
            Working...
            X