X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennedy to Make First NFL Start

Rams | Kennedy to Make First NFL Start Week 13 - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 4 Dec 2004 10:41:26 -0800

The Associated Press reports St. Louis Rams DT Jimmy Kennedy will likely make his first NFL start in Week 13 versus the San Francisco *****. Kennedy, a 2003 first-round draft selection, has been making strides, according to coach Mike Martz. "He's making outstanding progress," coach Mike Martz said. "He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's getting a lot better." Kennedy was a seldom-used backup in his rookie year and suffered a broken right foot early in training camp this year.

Re: Kennedy to Make First NFL Start

It looked like Kennedy belonged in the line-up yesterday. I thought he acquited himself well. I think he got a raw deal on the personal foul call - which again raised the question why aren't the Rams "getting the breaks" when it comes to marginal calls?

Couple that with the fact that I think Tyoka should be playing more downs and you have Kennedy and Tyoka up front with Little and Arch moving to OLB in a 3 - 5 - 3 scheme and the D may be rebuilt just in time for the playoffs.

Comment

Re: Kennedy to Make First NFL Start

I agree Kennedy held his own when he was in, and got the shaft on that late hit. He was already into Rattay when the ball came out. They say he slammed him to the turf, that was no slam. Too bad Marc hasn't gotten some of those type of late hit calls this year !!!!

Maineram :ramlogo:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AugustaRamFan
        Where is Jimmy Kennedy??
        by AugustaRamFan
        Have heard tons about:

Pace
        Cognito and Setterstrom
        Doughnut Bros
        Hill
        Spoon
        Smith/Hedgebird
        Bulger etc...

Has anyone got any intel on Kennedy? or Pisa???...
        -08-08-2006, 12:32 PM
      • RamWraith
        Kennedy Cleared to Begin Running
        by RamWraith
        Rams | Kennedy Cleared to Begin Running - from www.KFFL.com
        Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:45:17 -0700

St. Louis Rams DT Jimmy Kennedy (foot) has been given clearance to begin some running. Kennedy is still several weeks away from playing, but the clearance is a major step in getting back on the practice field.
        -10-01-2004, 06:23 AM
      • ramsanddodgers
        Kennedy. Rocket scientist... NOT!
        by ramsanddodgers
        JIMMY KENNEDY TURNED DOWN A CHANCE TO RETURN

Another former first-round flame out, defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy, recently turned down an opportunity to get back into the NFL.

Per a league source, the Buffalo Bills wanted to sign Kennedy to a two-year deal. But Kennedy wanted only a one-year deal.

Why? Because he wants to be a free agent in March.

Um, Jim? You're a free agent right now. And the phone ain't ringing. Why not take work that you can get, while you can get it?

from pft.com
        -11-22-2007, 10:23 PM
      • RamWraith
        Kennedy must be 100%
        by RamWraith
        I see no mention of Kennedy in any injury report. Does this surprise anyone else?
        -11-04-2004, 06:48 AM
        Kennedy
        by Guest
        Rams | Kennedy returned to practice Saturday
        Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:20:31 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports St. Louis Rams DT Jimmy Kennedy (cramps), who had to leave practice Friday, July 28, because of leg cramps, was back at work Saturday, July 29.

For some reason I envisioned Kennedy with his cramps setting on his couch watching Lifetime (a sob story) with a big bowl of chocolate and a box of tissues. Man I hope he toughens up, with him being the anchor in the middle of our DL we need him to be the meanest one on the team this year. We need him to display a mean streak on the field.
        -07-30-2006, 02:58 PM
      Working...
      X