The Big Boy even picked up the blitz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Boy even picked up the blitz!

The Big Boy was very, very impressive today. He held onto the ball and showed the power and speed that we will see for many years to come. He even had one great blitz pickup. I loved the play where two guys slammed into him on the sideline and they both went down and The Big Boy was still standing.

General counsel

Re: The Big Boy even picked up the blitz!

I agree. He was impressive. At running back, the future looks bright. :king:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
      Some great plays in the game...
      by general counsel
      by the whiners.

-Tony parish hit right on the ball on curtis in the end zone. He knocked the ball out not with a big hit, but with a shot directly on the ball.
      -brandon lloyd. the guy made some terrific catches. I thought the db's played pretty well. The receivers were NOT wide open at all. Our pass rush was weak and we didnt give up many big plays. The flanker throw was a great catch, they did some damage on screens, but that is the best we have tackled in three years.
      -I think rattay is pretty good. Just like the rest of these guys, you cant throw from flat on your ass. The guy won the game with NO running game. He is not marc bulger, but blaming him for the sf season last year makes no sense to me.
      -the play at the end of the game was senstational. the guy pulled it away from Ike, it would have been a nice play just to hit him a bit and cause the incompletion.
      -the play on rev ike in the end zone was very very well done. i believe it was shawnte spencer, he impressed me with his coverage. If he is not right on Ike, that ball is a td also. the throw might have been a tad underthrown, but it was still right there.
      -give them credit for a perfectly executed onside kick and very very gutsy defense, especially in the redzone.

As has been true throughout the ages, when playing an inferior opponent, especially on the road, failure to take advantage with td's early lets them stay in the game, gives them confidence, keeps the crowd loud and often leads to upsets. Failure to get in the end zone early really hurt us, but the special teams plays killed us.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -09-12-2005, 06:19 AM
    • general counsel
      I think the ref got the call right and the big boy...
      by general counsel
      I watched the replay ten times. i think the ref got the call right.

Meanwhile, the Big Boy HAS to track that ball down, he has to be aware that it was a marginal lateral and he cant stand around thinking that it was incomplete.

The faulk fumble was acutally the key play in turning it into a close game. we were about to put them away at the time.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -09-25-2005, 04:11 PM
      Personal story about Slater
      by Guest
      Quick story about big jackie and how mean he was on the field.

One of the guys that worked for my prior company was a defensive end in the nfl in the late 80's early 90's. When i met him, i of course asked him who the toughest offensive tackle he ever played against was.

He had no idea i was a rams fan, and without hesitation, he told me "Jackie Slater." After a brief discussion, he told me that his first play in the nfl was opposite big jackie. It was a third and long and big jackie buried him. Next play, as they are lining up, my guy says to big jackie, "Nice block,"

Big Jackie spits a HUGE goober right into this guys face, growls at him, something to the effect of "Shut the F---- up rookie"

ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -05-10-2005, 03:23 PM
      The Big Boy is our toughest inside runner since...
      by Guest
      The Big Boy is our toughest inside power runner since cullen bryant. I dont count hodgins as he was really a pure blocker.

general counsel
      -12-05-2004, 03:41 PM
    • general counsel
      We MUST pound the Big Boy
      by general counsel
      This post is really a rehash of what many others have said all week. I am only adding my two cents.

I dont think we are going to win this game with bulger throwing 50 passes. I think we are going to win by pounding the Big Boy down their throats and then setting up play action for bulger to kill them with some big plays.

The big risk i see is us getting down by a couple of tds early, which would lead to the usual abandonment of the running game. We all know that it takes commitment to stay with the running game and i really think that The Big Boy can wear them down over the course of the game and run out the clock in the fourth quarter if we can avoid the kind of bonehead turnovers and big play penalties/problems on defense and special teams that have afflicted us in the past. If we can actually get a lead, then i really want to see us pound away again and again with the Big Boy, right up the gut. The sweeps are fine for a change of pace and i love the screens to jackson, but mainly i just want to see us run the big boy down their throats, right up the middle time and time again. More slamming the Big Boy into the line also means more time on the bench for alexander, hasselbeck et al which is certainly a good thing for our defense. I really hope that we dont get cute on the third and short plays. Let seattle stack up the line, we are going to run the ball with the big boy right behind the big fat butt of terrell and the unbalanced line with pace and baby alyx on the same side.

Final stats for the Big Boy. 28 carriers, 151 yards, 5 catches 58 yards, 2-3 touchdowns, no fumbles and most importantly, Plenty of Pain inflicted on the seattle defense. Sounds like a recipe for victory doesnt it?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
      -11-08-2005, 04:30 PM
    Working...
    X