Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Boy is our toughest inside runner since...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Boy is our toughest inside runner since...

The Big Boy is our toughest inside power runner since cullen bryant. I dont count hodgins as he was really a pure blocker.

general counsel

Re: The Big Boy is our toughest inside runner since...

I'm a huge Bryant fan, but I'd have to say that the last Ram runner to have this kind of inside running ability was Jerome Bettis.

Comment

Avenger, fair point. I had a momentary lapse and i defer to your judgment. Notwithstanding the foregoing, cullen bryant was indeed a stud.

general counsel

Comment

I think he's the best pure FB the Rams have had.

Comment

Was tank younger a fullback or a halfback. Avenger, i think you are the only one i know who actually has studied game film of The Tank in action.

general counsel

Comment

Um... a little before my time. :redface:

Comment

Ok avenger, i was sure that you were credited in the media guide with designating the moniker of the old rams Bull Elephant Backfield.

general counsel

Comment

Paul "Tanker" Young (before my Rams earliest days too). A strong RB!

See http://gogomag.com/cgi-bin/rams_viewer.pl?pic_younger

Nice job Steven Jacksoooooon! :1:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

The Big Boy even picked up the blitz!
                  by Guest
                  The Big Boy was very, very impressive today. He held onto the ball and showed the power and speed that we will see for many years to come. He even had one great blitz pickup. I loved the play where two guys slammed into him on the sideline and they both went down and The Big Boy was still standing.

General counsel
                  -12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
                • general counsel
                  Could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw?
                  by general counsel
                  Interesting question, could Avenger get a hit off Kershaw? Kershaw is on a pitching run of historic magnitude. He hasnt given up a run in 46 innings or so and is chasing all time records. That being said, i think Avenger could work the count in his favor and then line a solid shot into the gap, which using his blazing speed on those reconstructed knees would then be stretched into a double.

Any thoughts from our baseball fans out there (given what a slow Rams period we are currently in as we wait for camp to begin).

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -07-05-2014, 01:39 PM
                • Ewreck
                  Kickers
                  by Ewreck
                  RIP Tom Dempsey.
                  -04-05-2020, 04:48 PM
                  Personal story about Slater
                  by Guest
                  Quick story about big jackie and how mean he was on the field.

One of the guys that worked for my prior company was a defensive end in the nfl in the late 80's early 90's. When i met him, i of course asked him who the toughest offensive tackle he ever played against was.

He had no idea i was a rams fan, and without hesitation, he told me "Jackie Slater." After a brief discussion, he told me that his first play in the nfl was opposite big jackie. It was a third and long and big jackie buried him. Next play, as they are lining up, my guy says to big jackie, "Nice block,"

Big Jackie spits a HUGE goober right into this guys face, growls at him, something to the effect of "Shut the F---- up rookie"

ramming speed to all

general counsel
                  -05-10-2005, 02:23 PM
                • Truth
                  Rich Saul Passes Away
                  by Truth
                  It is with a very heavy heart that I must inform the Claneam family that Rich Saul has lost his battle with cancer, and has passed away. I offer my condolences to his family, and my gratitude to Rich for his years with the Rams, and his years of service to the community. You will be missed.
                  -04-15-2012, 05:21 PM
                Working...
                X