• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To My Ram Mishpacha!!!

Re: To My Ram Mishpacha!!!

Shalom Aleichem, Avenger!!

Comment

How come sometimes Hannukah starts with an "H" and sometimes it starts with a "C" (just as the smileys in your post)
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Any time you transliterate from Hebrew (or any other language that utilizes a different alphabet) there are bound to be spelling variations.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam
          Any time you transliterate from Hebrew (or any other language that utilizes a different alphabet) there are bound to be spelling variations.
          I see. Interesting.

Comment

I like that commercial where they are wishing people a "Happy HannuChristmaKwanziKa".

Kwanza? Is there really anyone in America that celebrates this or knows what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by sbramfan
              Kwanza? Is there really anyone in America that celebrates this or knows what it is?
              Not 100% sure on this, but I believe Kwaanza was invented in the 1960's by a radical 'Black Panther' so the African-American community could have thier own celebration, much as the Muslims, Jews, and Christians do during this time of year. Nevermind...let me just do this...

DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. It is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means "first fruits of the harvest" in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance. Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times. When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional "a" to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).

the above definition came from http://www.tike.com/celeb-kw.htm
              temp_4394_1467243487543_20
              RAMS!

Comment

Happy Festivus to All!!!!!!!!!! Prepare for the airing of grievances.

general counsel

Comment

Yes... A festivus, for the rest 'uv us.

we first need a metal pole.

(AVR, that's "pole", not an excuse to start a multiple choice questionairre on 80's rock bands.)

Comment

Huh?...............

huh

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel

general counsel
                      I've got a lot of problems with you people!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Speaking of problems ... Av wouldn't cover my bet against GB so I am expecting him to make good on this ...

I spun the dreidel in good faith and the gimmel landed face up - I expect the entire gelt pot.

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel

general counsel
                          And then....the feats of strength. Who wants to wrestle?

Comment

http://www.yael.ndtilda.co.uk/newsit...py_hanukah.swf
                            This space for rent...

Comment

That was pretty cool, Thoey. Thanks.

Comment