Name:	a_faulk_i.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	779425

That's all that matters.

Comment

Re: Rams pondering uniform changes ..

Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
      What I'd like to see....#1: Blue and yellow. #2 Blue and White. #3: Current color scheme #4: Anything but the Cleveland colors...

...Please do not get away from blue and yellow or blue and white. Do not go red. But most importantly, do not mess with the horns!
      Exactleeee! :ram:

As others have said, I too would jump from your #2 to #1 options, either or...

I'd do the opposite, bring back the blue and white with an updated look as the primary, and have the blue and yellow as throwbacks. -- R8rh8rmike

The NFL has pretty complicated rules on throwbacks (or, at least, deep restrictions on time to wait). 8|

For me, the "not too old / not too recent" retro look is indeed the royal blue and victory white version. That look encompasses a mighty fine era in Rams history; the years were from 1964 to '72 and that period, for most of us baby boomers, represents some awesome Rammings; not every season but most of those years.

On the other hand:

Just get rid of the all blue uniform--PLEASE! The Blue/white combo--OK ... Blue/Gold even better. Ram Dragoon
      Oh, absolutely! Burn those blue pants, now!

Red and black could only be for throwbacks - I don't want my team looking like the dirty birds.
      Totally agree. Atlanta was not yet a State of the NFL Union but such red and black unis would be too Falconish. Besides, this is what I mean by going way too far into the past, 1937.

Again, to me, the right vintage feel for modern day NFL football was when the Rams moved to L.A. and while there, i.e., with the blue and white uniform, the Sabols gave an added dimension to the NFL with their NFL Films; the Rams had a 57-23-4 record from 1966-71, including going undefeated their first 11 regular season games in 1969; Eddie Meador; Gabriel-to-Snow; Ken Iman; George Allen; Tom Mack; the formidable Fearsome, of course; Gabriel NFL MVP; Jack Pardee; Jack Youngblood's rookie year ('71); the explosion of pop music, etc. x3.

-
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RealRam; -08-15-2013, 03:17 PM. Reason: Image

Comment

Rams pondering uniform changes ..

Changing our kit when it was only introduced last year would actually nark me somewhat, having invested in 3 Nike jerseys after the change.
        The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Comment

Honest question: why do people care so much about what the players are wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
            Well, for me, my nostalgic feelings for my days as a young kid following the Rams are triggered by the old blue and yellow uniforms. So, if it were my choice, the Rams would return to those colors.

Comment

I like blue and yellow or the current colors. Blue and white isnt a bad look per se. But the Colts, the Cowboys, and the Giants already have blue and white jerseys. I'd rather have a color combo that says RAMS and nothing else.

Comment

I like the current blue/gold/white combo we currently have. The problem is that this uniform combonation is associated with SO MUCH LOSING most fans just don't want to be reminded of it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelYell View Post
                  Because the uniform is everything. It's what you're known by, it's how people identify you. Why would you want your team to have an ugly uniform?

Comment

I'm with those that don't want any RED in the gear. I don't want a completely new look! Please don't replace the horns with our logo, that would suck! We would look like the panthers.

Just change the colors back to the the 80's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	33-59958-Y.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	779428

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.php.jpg
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	779429

Comment

Originally posted by cfh128 View Post
                      I like blue and yellow or the current colors. Blue and white isnt a bad look per se. But the Colts, the Cowboys, and the Giants already have blue and white jerseys. I'd rather have a color combo that says RAMS and nothing else.
                      Precisely!

Comment

Originally posted by Cfh128 View Post
                        I like blue and yellow or the current colors. Blue and white isn't a bad look per se. But the Colts, the Cowboys, and the Giants already have blue and white jerseys. I'd rather have a color combo that says RAMS and nothing else.
                        Have t h e m change their design to something else then!

Just kidding. I hear you. However, even when the Rams donned their blue and white uniform, they stood apart from those teams with a distinct design, especially with the head gear, those awesome looking horns that topped it all and, IMO, said RAMS, all RAMS. ...Uniquely RAMS.

Still, I favor the blue and white (1964-72) or the gold and yellow, a.k.a. SuperBowl year uniform.

- -
                        Last edited by RealRam; -08-14-2013, 02:54 PM. Reason: Snow ca. 1965 and '73 or after.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                          Well, for me, my nostalgic feelings for my days as a young kid following the Rams are triggered by the old blue and yellow uniforms. So, if it were my choice, the Rams would return to those colors.
                          While they were on our TV during the blue and whites, I didn't really start paying attention until the blue and yellow era, so I understand your feelings, even though they are different than mine.
                          This space for rent...

Comment

I have no real opinion when it comes to the uniform colour.

BUT

One thing you are all missing and I think there was A HUGE hint in the article.

What is the favourite sport in St Louis?
                            What colour does that most supported team wear?
                            What colour are the dome seats?
                            What did the Rams Almost do when they first moved to St Louis?
                            AND What does he "REALLY" like in the article.

I think THAT should put you all on the correct road.

(Oh the answer to ALL the above is R E D!)

__________________________________________________________
                            Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Oh, and ONE MORE THING. ;)
                              did anyone go to the link in the article?

read THIS and tell me what's wrong with it

St. Louis Rams Uniform and Team History

Please click on the evolution of the 4 9 e rs uniform poster above for a close-up version of the poster. The descriptions below give you some insight and background about the uniforms and/or eras depicted in the poster.

__________________________________________________________
                              Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

No Red, Please!
                                sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam
                                  Rams want old school uniforms now - NFL says "no"
                                  by AvengerRam
                                  Rams want to wear blue and yellow uniforms more often, but NFL says no

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2018, 9:51 AM EDT
                                  Getty Images

Since the Rams moved back to Los Angeles, questions have raged about which uniforms they should wear: The blue and white of Merlin Olsen in the 1960s? The blue and yellow of Eric Dickerson in the 1980s? The blue and gold of the St. Louis years? Some combination?

The Rams are working on a permanent answer, but in the meantime they’d like to wear the Dickerson-style throwbacks more. The NFL, however, has other ideas.

Rams COO Kevin Demoff says the team has asked the NFL for permission to wear the blue and yellow throwbacks more often, but the NFL limited the Rams to wearing them twice last season. Demoff said he’s working on explaining to the league office that the fans would prefer those uniforms.

“We have spent the year educating them on our fan base,” Demoff told the Los Angeles Times. “We forwarded them all of the fan complaints, the emails we get, so I think they’re well aware of our fans’ preferences.”

Demoff said the Navy blue jerseys the Rams have worn aren’t anyone’s favorite.

“It was always with the idea that we’d be able to revisit it during the offseason when there’s more time to plan,” he said. “Hopefully, they recognize the challenge we have and appreciate the connection the fan base has to the blue and yellow. If we can avoid wearing our Navy jerseys next year, we will.”

It’s a bit odd that the NFL won’t let teams wear whatever uniforms they want, but it appears that the Rams still have some work to do to convince the league to let them wear those Dickerson-style uniforms on a full-time basis....
                                  -05-11-2018, 10:54 AM
                                • RAMFANRAIDERHATER
                                  Small victory on the uniforms today
                                  by RAMFANRAIDERHATER
                                  The NFL finally listened to the fans and will allow the Rams to wear the Blue and yellow uniforms for 5 home games this season. They'll wear the yellow "color rush" uniforms in Mexico, and the ugly white/gold/blue uniforms on the road and during the first two home games as well as the preseason. No more navy blue and gold jerseys. It was reported that the Rams sent all the letters and complaints directly to the NFL and said something like; "see what we're dealing with here?", "this is what the paying fans want". Small victory, but a victory nonetheless. The Rams will introduce the new designs in 2020 when the stadium opens. Now is we can just find a way to sign AD.
                                  -07-27-2018, 09:51 PM
                                • r8rh8rmike
                                  Former Rams upset team won't wear classic blue and yellow uniforms
                                  by r8rh8rmike
                                  Former Rams upset team won't wear classic blue and yellow uniforms

8:55 AM PT

Arash Markazi ESPN Senior Writer

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams were back at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Thursday night for their first event at their old (and new) home since returning in January. It was a day many former Rams players thought they would never see, but there is still one lingering issue.

During Thursday’s event where fans mingled with current and former players on the field and toured the Coliseum, all of the former players and 99 percent of the fans wore the Rams’ classic blue and yellow uniforms they wore when the team last played in Los Angeles. When the Rams take the field at the Coliseum this season, however, they will play in the Millennium Blue and New Century Gold uniforms they wore in St. Louis for the majority of the season. Those uniforms and colors remain the one problem many former players and fans have with the team’s return.

Rams greats Fred Dryer, left, and David Hill take a photo with a fan at an event welcoming the team back to Los Angeles and Memorial Coliseum. Arash Markazi/ESPN.com

“I’ll never forget when I saw the Rams come out of the Coliseum tunnel for the first time in those beautiful gold and yellow uniforms with those Rams horns,” said Fred Dryer, who was a defensive end for the Rams from 1972 to 1981 before becoming an actor (most notably starring in the television series "Hunter"). “If you look at the Rams horns right now, they’re a disgrace. They’re separated, they’re stupid, and they don’t make any sense. They should join in the middle.”

The Rams will wear their classic blue and yellow uniforms twice next season, the maximum the league allows for alternate throwback uniforms, but the team is working with the league to expand that number. Teams are required by the league to submit requests to change uniforms between January and March and then must wait two years to implement those changes. The team does not plan on making any significant uniform changes until moving into their new stadium in Inglewood in 2019.

“I understand they can’t make a change for another year or two, but they don’t have to wear that uniform, they can choose to wear anything they want,” Dryer said. “Those Rams horns are known globally and for them to *******ize it like this by putting these two stripes is stupid. They should fix those horns because right now, it’s bull----."

Dryer’s sentiment was shared by many of the former players and fans wearing blue and yellow shirts and hats and throwback uniforms at the Coliseum.

“It’s the best uniform,” former Rams running back Eric Dickerson said as he walked around the field with his blue and yellow No. 29 jersey. “I think the Rams know...
                                  -06-17-2016, 04:10 PM
                                • Tampa_Ram
                                  Possible uniform change in the future.
                                  by Tampa_Ram
                                  St. Louis Rams considering new uniforms

By Ryan Van Bibber on Nov 16, 3:04p

The St. Louis Rams are thinking of making some changes to the way the team looks.
                                  Facebook
                                  Twitter

The St. Louis Rams could be in line for some new uniforms in the near future, new old uniforms that is. Team COO Kevin Demoff sat down with Bernie Miklasz on 101 ESPN Friday to discuss a range of issues, and new duds happened to be on the agenda.
                                  Demoff said that the team is leaning toward bringing back the old blue and white uniforms, from the 1960s and early 1970s.
                                  Getting new uniforms isn't as easy as just putting on a new shirt. The league, being ever so conscious about its brand identity, requires a pretty thorough and lengthy process to change uniforms. Demoff said that the Rams would start by instituting those as throwbacks in 2014 and transitioning after that season. Hopefully, the team won't be in Los Angeles too at that point ... which is doubtful.
                                  Update: To be clear, Demoff told TST that the Rams were only considering the new unis, and 2014 would be the earliest the team could start down that path. The classic blue and gold unis are in play for the Rams too.
                                  Above is a shot Roman Gabriel and the Rams in those old unis from the cover of Sports Illustrated in October 1966.

What do you think?

photo from RamTommyInLA....
                                  -11-17-2012, 02:57 AM
                                • RamWraith
                                  Rams will wear 1999 'throwbacks' in '09
                                  by RamWraith
                                  By Jim Thomas
                                  ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                  11/21/2008

You’ve seen them all around the National Football League, but not at Rams homes games. But in 2009, throwback uniforms are finally coming to St. Louis.

The NFL has approved the use of throwback uniforms for the club next season.

"We’ve signed off on it," Rams equipment manager Todd Hewitt said. "It’s a done deal. We’ve been talking about doing it for a couple years. We never could decide really in time to do it."

That’s because the league requires lots of lead time before allowing a team to wear throwbacks. In this instance, the Rams had to have their initial request in by March 1, 2008 for use in the 2009 season.

"So almost like a year and a half in advance," Hewitt said.

Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez looked at sample throwback uniforms three weeks ago when the Rams played host to Arizona -- one of the last steps in the process.

The Rams sought league approval to wear throwbacks this season in honor of late owner Georgia Frontiere, but the league denied the request because of a lack of lead time. By wearing them in 2009, the Rams will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the team’s Super Bowl XXXIV victory over Tennessee.

"I think that the right throwback uniforms connect the players to part of the history of the team -- and that tradition is really important," Rosenbloom said. "In this case, we’re going to use the uniforms that we won the Super Bowl with."

That would be the royal blue, gold, and white uniforms worn by the team during their first five seasons in St. Louis. The "gold" part of those uniforms actually was more like a yellow. But after the 1999 championship season, the team changed uniform styles, going to more of a true gold color and a darker blue -- officially called "new century gold" and "millennium blue."

The Rams are allowed to wear the throwbacks for up to three home games next season. They are not allowed to change throwback uniforms -- say to an earlier style -- for five years.
                                  -11-21-2008, 11:04 AM
                                Working...
                                X