Great Showing Game 2 Preseason so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Showing Game 2 Preseason so far

This is they type of showing I expected last week. Energy and lots of it. I don't care whether we win what I do care is whether this team shows passion, the first unit showed it so far the first quarter.

Re: Great Showing Game 2 Preseason so far

Our defense also showed they forgot how to tackle

Comment

Off topic but, my God how much easier is it to listen to Torey as compared to that idiot Kosar!!
      "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by MoonJoe View Post
        Off topic but, my God how much easier is it to listen to Torey as compared to that idiot Kosar!!
        Kosar is a tool, Holt hasn't been any easier on the Rams in his analysis but he doesn't have venom in his analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by jjigga3000 View Post
          Kosar is a tool, Holt hasn't been any easier on the Rams in his analysis but he doesn't have venom in his analysis.
          yea he's analyzing not spewing hatred towards players

Comment

I'm not very pleased with what I have seen tonight - Sam seems off tonight, the o-line doesn't seem to work as a unit, and there are WAY too many stupid mistakes. At least it is still preseason.
            temp_4394_1467243487543_20
            RAMS!

Comment

clemens seems to just have a ton of balls batted and deflected at the line

at least there's been no sacks

and oh my god vince young is STILL IN THE NFL

Comment

cody davis can tackle!

sheesh...not having craig dahl is like 1 or two extra wins itself

Comment

alright matt daniels!!

finally get to see him get a tackle!

Comment

Davis is making the team

lame bounce though....

Comment

dang it cunningham wasn't down!

Comment

oh finally a bounce that went the rams way sheesh!

Comment

Too many mistakes.
                          "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

It's only preseason but the Rams have a LOT of work to do. ...and the depth at Qb is bad. Maybe Kosar was right? Too many dumb penalties, too many missed tackles still. Very vanilla offense and defense though. The Packers could have thrown on the Rams up the middle all night, basically pitch and catch.

Comment

A generic, neutral report from tonight's game. :ram:
                              STL Rams official website...

Preseason Postgame Notes:
                              Rams vs. Packers
                              (8/17/13, p.m.)

The St. Louis Rams fell to the Green Bay Packers, 19-17. Tonight’s game marked the fourth preseason match-up between the two squads. With the win, the Packers increase their series lead 3-1.

- QB Sam Bradford saw action in the first three drives of the game. He completed 8-of-12 passes for 156 yards, including a long of 57 yards.

- QB Kellen Clemens took the field after Bradford and completed two passes for 27 yards.

- QB Austin Davis saw action next and led the team 74 yards down the field for the only scoring drive of the night. Davis connected with WR Nick Johnson on a 26-yard touchdown pass. He completed seven-of-15 passes for 144 yards, including a 30-yard long on the night.

- RB Isaiah Pead earned the start, and took his first rush of the day for 11 yards. Pead led the team with 11 rushes for 20 yards.

- RB Daryl Richardson started off with a 24-yard reception from Bradford, but did not receive any carries.

- RB Benny Cunningham rushed six times for 19 yards.

- WR Chris Givens hauled in a 57-yard pass from Bradford. Marks Givens’ second 50-plus yard pass in as many games. He is averaging 34.75 yards, per catch, after notching four receptions for 139 yards in the first two preseason contests.

- Rookie WR Tavon Austin caught his first NFL pass on a 9-yard pass from Bradford. Austin led the team in receptions with four for 28 yards.

- WR Nick Johnson hauled in a 26-yard touchdown reception, his first touchdown of his career.

- WR Andrew Helmick saw his first NFL action and hauled in a 30-yard reception from Davis.

- TE Jared Cook connected with Bradford on a 37-yard reception, his first catch as a Ram.

- DE Robert Quinn sacked Packers QB Aaron Rodgers for a 9-yard loss.

- DE Gerald Rivers chased down Packers QB Graham Harrell, tackling him at the sideline.

- P Johnny Hekker punted four times for 198 yards, a 49.5-yard average and 43.8-yard net. Hekker tallied a long of 55 yards and placed two punts inside the 20 yard line.

- Rookie P Brett Baer punted one time for 43 yards.

- According to press box statistics, CB Trumaine Johnson, CB Cortland Finnegan, LB Alec Ogletree and LB Josh Hull each tallied four solo tackles, splitting the team lead four ways.

Let's see if this NFL video shows:

No, it didn't work. It is Givens' highlight catch vs Packers. Go here:

nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000231214/Givens-57-yard-reception
                              Last edited by RealRam; -08-17-2013, 10:16 PM. Reason: NFL video

Comment