Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Rams' biggest match-up advantage against the Falcons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Rams' biggest match-up advantage against the Falcons?

Which match up is the most favorable?
    Rams WRs vs. Falcons CBs
    7.50%
    Rams TEs vs. Falcons LBs/S
    12.50%
    Rams pass rush v. Falcons pass protection
    72.50%
    Rams run D vs. Falcons running game
    5.00%
    Other match-up (which one?)
    2.50%

Re: What is the Rams' biggest match-up advantage against the Falcons?

I will take our pass rush against most O-lines in the NFL. That Sam Baker is hurt just drives home the point. We need Quinn and Long to be productive, to keep the Falcons offensive weapons in check, and I like their chances.

Comment

There will be severe Thunder & Lightning inside the Georgia Dome!
      sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Our D-line will have to tear up the Falcons O-line and keep Matt Ryan scrambling in order to have a chance. If Matt has time in the pocket they'll tear us apart.

Comment

Pass rush. If we can keep them one-dimensional with only short passes and a running game, then Matt Ryan wouldn't be effective in the big play department. As last season shows with our ineptitude on dealing with great passing teams, I'd be worried a bit. This is another real test for our pass defense.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

I say our pass-rush. It's good enough that teams have to gameplan for it, and if the Falcons pass protection continues to struggle, Ryan should be eating plenty of turf.

Comment

I went with our TEs. We have two of the best not just one. I also think it's easier said then done to scheme to take a TE completely out of a game. Cook and Kendricks will be hard to deal will all year.

Comment

Our pass rush and getting to Matt Ryan before he can torch our secondary is our best advantage in stealing this game.

Comment

Yeah, what most everyone else said, its our pass rush.

Go Rams!

Comment

Rams DE Chris Long (hip) did not practice today. Coach Jeff Fisher said he'll be questionable for Sunday.

Comment

Williams Hayes (per Jim Thomas) said that Chris is fine.

Comment

I still said our pass rush even if Chris has to hang on the down low for the game we are deep and could just activate Rivers what a back up plan! Deepest D-Line I have seen for our team ever...

Comment

pass rush....no confidence in our coverage skills at this point. need pressure otherwise long day ahead for the team

Comment

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
                            pass rush....no confidence in our coverage skills at this point. need pressure otherwise long day ahead for the team
                            While there are moments I definitely agree with you, I think we are doing pretty well. Last week I was fuming at the short passes being completed with regularity, but other than Fitzgerald's TD there were hardly any deep passes that hurt us. Until our DB's are ready to press cover, we're better off not risking that short pass becoming a long TD play. Our strength is at the front end and that will hopefully force QB's to force a pass or throw a bad pass impossible to complete. We'll get there.

Go Rams!

Comment

Pass rush has to be legit to keep us in this game with coverage sacks and just pure pressure. i think we need to set the tone early on d preventing Ryan from getting into a groove.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• the brent
                                Mighty Air Force Fighting Falcons
                                by the brent
                                Shall crush Pac 10 UW, Sept 3, right here at Qwest Field. GO AIR FORCE!
                                -07-21-2005, 09:57 PM
                              • laram0
                                BIG TUNA talking to Falcons
                                by laram0
                                Associated Press

Bill Parcells is talking to the owner of the Falcons about the VP of Football Operations position. Parcells would be in charge of hiring their next Headcoach.
                                -12-19-2007, 10:22 AM
                                Getting Ready this morning to go to the Rams/Falcons game...
                                by Guest
                                I'm taking Mrs. Falconator with me to the Rams/Falcons game.....made sure to say "Rams" first so the gestapo moderator does not move this to a different forum

Anyway, should be fun - if Falcons win and somehow Drew Brees & Saints can win home game against the Panthers - then Falcons get a first round bye and home playoff game. So, the Falcons should be trying to play their best to beat you guys....Hopefully we take the Rams out of the game in the first quarter.

I think you guys want the Rams to lose almost as much as I want the Falcons to win so you can try and secure the #2 overall pick. I'm sure some of you just want the "W".....

Good luck to the Rams turning around their season starting with off-season coaching hire, new ownership, free agency and the draft. But let's just wait until after this football game today until we start the rebuilding, shall we?

Welcome to the Falcons' Roost.

My prediction: Atlanta 30, St. Louis 20
                                -12-28-2008, 06:25 AM
                              • THOLTFAN81
                                Rams Falcons
                                by THOLTFAN81
                                May finally be attending my first Rams game in St. Louis on November 21, the Falcons v the Rams. I was wondering if anyone had any details on good places to eat near the stadium, and any cheap hotels near the stadium.

Thanks for the help, and I hope to be making my first appearance at the EJD in a few weeks.
                                -11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
                              • RamsInfiniti
                                Rams matchup well with conservative Falcons
                                by RamsInfiniti
                                The Atlanta Falcons are 7-2. They are a good football team. They are well-coached and disciplined, and poised to make a run into the playoffs in 2010.

What the Falcons lack are the so-called "impressive" wins. When we talk about "impressive" wins, we speak of games won by 10 points or more. Sure, they destoryed the Arizona Cardinals, but other than that game, the Falcons have found themselves in a nail-biter in most instances.

Why are the Falcons struggling to pull away from opponents? Simply put, they are ultra-conservative. Overall, this team could be more conservative than, gulp, our very own St. Louis Rams.

Looking at the Falcons on offense, you won't find much trickery or smoke and mirrors. They run base sets and formations, and operate a classic ball control system. They don't throw deep, only 19 passes attempted over 20 yards this season. Matt Ryan's YPA is ap edestrian 6.7. They run the ball, and run it alot, but the majority of these carries are going to be straight down the throat of the D-Line. Once you get a heavy dose of Michael Turner, you then get a healthy second serving of Jason Snelling, and the drop off is not as big as you'd think.

But this team is scoring points and lots of them. How do they do it?

It's simple:

1. They don't turn the ball over
                                2. They don't waver from the system
                                3. They have arguably the best WR in the league
                                4. They will wear you down until you want to quit

Ryan is going to throw to Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez, and they are going to see most of the targets. More than 50% of Ryan's completions are to these two. White is nearly indefensible. The only thing that can likely stop White is his hands. The Ravens had some success by throwing exotic schemes at him. I am sure Spags and company will have something special drawn up for White. Take him out of the game and the Falcons do not have the receivers to beat many teams. It's a two man show in Atlanta, and they need both of them to come up big when playing on the road.

Defensively, the strategy doesn't differ much. The Falcons give up a high rate of completions in the passing game, and they give up alot of yards. They give up 46.4% 3rd down conversions, next to last in the league. The run defense is stingy, but most know you need to beat the Falcons by passing underneath them. So how do the Falcons keep the scoring down?:

1. They bend but don't break
                                2. They dominate TOP offensively
                                3. They intercept alot of passes

For any quarterback, the most attempts they have, the more likely they are going to make a mistake.

The Rams match up well here. Jackson should be able to manufacture yards up the middle. Bradford should be able to find open lanes, but he may need to throw 50+ times to win this game. The Falcons have...
                                -11-18-2010, 07:26 AM
                              Working...
                              X