• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo Will Take Pain Shot Before Cowboys Game

Tony Romo will take pain shot before Cowboys game

By Gregg Rosenthal Around The League Editor
    Published: Sept. 19, 2013

Tony Romo's ribs were a forgotten storyline in a Week 2 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, but it remains a problem for the Dallas Cowboys quarterback.

He plans to take another painkilling shot before the team faces the St. Louis Rams this week, just like he did a week ago.

"I think tentatively we are planning on it just because of the nature of it and what we thought," Romo said Wednesday via The Dallas Morning News. "But we'll see as we get there. It does feel better now than it did last week. It'll just keep getting better and better this week. ... I've gotten shot up before in the rib and it seems like it's a normal part of playing quarterback in the National Football League."

It's worth wondering if Romo's effectiveness decreased last week after the effectiveness of the injection wore off. Romo was less accurate in the fourth quarter after making good decisions and a number of nice throws throughout the game against Kansas City. Romo mostly got good protection against the Chiefs, but that protection -- and his ribs -- will be tested against St. Louis' tough defensive line.

Re: Tony Romo Will Take Pain Shot Before Cowboys Game

It'll be interesting to see if Romo's ribs come into play, especially later in the game.

I'm looking forward to the headline changing to "Tony Romo Takes Painful Shots During Rams Game".

Comment

Tony Romo Will Take Pain Shot after Cowboys Game as well.

Comment

I think we have a theme song for the D-Line this week!

Comment

If I had Quinn and Long coming after me I think I would take a pain shot as well.

Comment

Looks like our D-line knows where to take aim when making a sack. ;)

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
              It's worth wondering if Romo's effectiveness decreased last week after the effectiveness of the injection wore off. Romo was less accurate in the fourth quarter after making good decisions and a number of nice throws throughout the game against Kansas City. Romo mostly got good protection against the Chiefs, but that protection -- and his ribs -- will be tested against St. Louis' tough defensive line.
              Hopefully he'll need a couple more injections by half-time ..

Comment

I know where Robert Quinn will be eating on Sunday:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	779485

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                  I think we have a theme song for the D-Line this week!

Haha, it's got to be that or Mother's Little Helper.

Comment

He better need pain shots...I have some cash riding on this game!
                    temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                    RAMS!

Comment

Tony Romo Will Take Pain Shot Before Cowboys Game
                      And he'll take many painful shots during the game as well.

Comment

"Hey, Tony, look at me ... my friends and I will be watching you, all day. Your pain killers are useless against us. Take as many as you want.

We're coming after you. Period. Got it?" :<>
                        Last edited by RealRam; -09-20-2013, 04:25 PM. Reason: Grin

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see if Romo's ribs come into play, especially later in the game.

I'm looking forward to the headline changing to "Tony Romo Takes Painful Shots During Rams Game".
                          Hey! You stole my line!! Lol

Comment

Man, MB is massive. Look at those column thighs and heavy guns. Ram Power.

You can play w/Romo before eating him up. Go for the big plays big guy! Take turns w/the other DL. :ram:

Comment

Do I get fries with those ribs?
                              sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                                Big Loss Leaves Cowboys Flustered
                                by RamWraith
                                By Bill Coats
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                10/20/2008

A difficult week for the Dallas Cowboys reached its nadir Sunday, when the Rams pounded out a 34-14 victory at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams' two-game winning "streak" mirrors the Cowboys' two-game slide.

In an overtime loss to Arizona last week, Dallas quarterback Tony Romo broke the little finger on his right (throwing) hand. He was replaced by 40-year-old Brad Johnson, who slogged through a rugged outing Sunday.

Speedy rookie running back Felix Jones and punter Mat McBriar also were lost to injuries. Then cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was slapped with a league suspension Tuesday of at least a month for his involvement in a late-night scuffle with his own bodyguard at a Dallas hotel.

Pacman had just landed a starting role because Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman had groin surgery Oct. 10.

Suddenly, the Cowboys, popular preseason picks to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, are 4-3 and fighting to resurrect their flagging season.

"I'm angry, disappointed and embarrassed," second-year Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "We didn't want to get beat at all. But we shouldn't get beat like that, for sure. ... This is the worst game this team has played since I've been here."

Said tight end Jason Witten: "To be 4-3 at this point ... nobody would've thought that."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones admitted that he but not his team, he stressed took the Rams too lightly. "I really did think when I walked out of our dressing room for the second half, I said, 'We'll get a couple of scores and we'll be back in it,'" Jones said. "I give the Rams the credit for that. I was just thinking a little lighter than I should have about this ballgame."

The Cowboys outgained the Rams 341 yards to 325. But much of the Dallas real estate was gathered well after the outcome was decided, and an uncharacteristically sloppy performance helped keep the Cowboys in arrears most of the afternoon.

Defensively, the Rams gobbled up four turnovers and sacked Johnson three times.

"We're not even giving ourselves the chance to put points on the board," Witten said. "Seven points against this team? We're not running the ball, we're not giving the quarterback time, and we're not getting open like we should. ... It's unacceptable."

Offensively, the Rams posted easily their highest point total of the year, prospering behind quarterback Marc Bulger's best day of the season, and running back Steven Jackson's 160-yard rushing output and three touchdowns.

"We obviously need to play better," linebacker Greg Ellis said. "We just need to stick together. Not a lot more needs to be said."

Wide receiver Terrell Owens insisted...
                                -10-20-2008, 05:24 AM
                              • Chiledog
                                Dallas Cowboy jokes
                                by Chiledog
                                I found these Dallas Cowboy jokes while searching for the answer to Mom's question in the Mock Draft thread. They are actually pretty funny. (don't worry, Mom, I will not post the answer to your question):

Four Dallas Cowboys in a car, who's driving?
                                The sheriff.

Why can't Michael Irvin get into a huddle on the field anymore?
                                It is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.

I understand Chicago is trying to sign Michael Irvin...
                                They got rid of the refrigerator, so now they want a coke machine.

The Dallas newspapers reported yesterday that Texas Stadium is going to take out the artificial turf because the Cowboys play better on grass.

How do you get a Cowboy to stand up?
                                Say "Will the defendant please rise."

Did you hear Dallas has petitioned the NFL to consider alternative colors for marking the field?
                                Seems their players have a tough time passing up all those white lines.

What's Jerry Jones' biggest concern?
                                Does Bail Money count against the Salary Cap?

The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new Honor system...
                                Yes your Honor, No your Honor.

The Cowboys had a 12 and 5 season this year, 12 arrests, 5 convictions.

The Cowboys knew they had to do something for their defense, so they hired a new defensive coordinator...
                                Johnny Cochran.

How do the Dallas Cowboys spend their first week at spring training?
                                Studying the Miranda Rights.
                                -12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Double Coverage: Rams at Cowboys
                                by MauiRam
                                By Todd Archer and Nick Wagoner

The Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams will meet for the second time in three seasons at AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys won convincingly, 34-7, in 2011, but this Rams team is different. ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner and Cowboys reporter Todd Archer bring you their Double Coverage preview.

Archer: It's always about the quarterback here with the Cowboys and Tony Romo, but I'm curious about Sam Bradford. Where is he in his development and is there any doubt he is their answer at the game's most important spot?

Wagoner: The Rams have made every effort to turn this into Bradford's team, and, through two weeks, it's absolutely become that. Bradford has had two strong statistical weeks to start the season, led a comeback win against Arizona in the opener and nearly did it again last week in Atlanta. He's clearly more comfortable in his second season with the same offensive coordinator in Brian Schottenheimer and surrounded by better skill position players such as tight end Jared Cook and receiver Tavon Austin. Bradford is showing signs of having the breakthrough season many have long expected. For the Rams' part, there's no doubt he's the guy moving forward and the decision-makers have repeatedly and publicly said as much.

Speaking of quarterbacks and committing, the Cowboys made their move to lock up Romo already. How has he responded to that financial vote of confidence?

Archer: I think it goes beyond the financial commitment, although wed all like to be guaranteed $55 million at some point in our lives. The bigger vote of confidence came from Jerry Jones wanting him in on the game planning with the coaches. Romo has more say now than he has ever had as the starting quarterback. Its his offense in a lot of respects. The Cowboys are doing more no-huddle work than ever before, and thats where Romo has complete control. Now there could be some drawbacks, too, because theyre not running the ball. The Cowboys talked about running the ball more and better in 2013 than they did in 2012, and they have 39 carries for 124 yards in two games. Romo has dropped back to pass nearly 100 times in two games. There is even more of a burden on him now, and hes already had to do so many things here lately to win games.

One guy I cant wait to see Sunday is Austin. Everybody had him pegged for greatness this summer, and hes coming off his first two-touchdown game. How have the Rams tailored their offense for him?

Wagoner: Well, it's been a bit of a mixed bag for Austin so far. Yes, he had a couple of touchdowns last week, but he also had some issues with drops. The Rams have used him as a receiver, lined him up at running back and used him as the primary punt returner, and those will all be ways they'll continue to use him moving forward. Through two weeks, they haven't been able to get him out in space where he can operate at his...
                                -09-19-2013, 01:09 PM
                              • Milan
                                T.O And Cowboys reach a deal?
                                by Milan
                                From the Ranch Report

Roy Phillpot:

While Owens has not yet signed on the dotted line, an agreement between him and the Dallas Cowboys has been reached.

Sources close to the Cowboys confirmed this to TheRanchReport.com just moments ago.

We are hearing that it is a multi-year deal. Keep in mind that because he has not yet signed, this is NOT official. He could change his mind, or Drew Rosenhaus could pull some sort of last second stunt.

But right now, he has agreed to terms with the Dallas Cowboys.

This is an "Unnamed source" so I don't know what to expect.
                                -03-17-2006, 12:21 PM
                              • laram0
                                Cowboys resign C Gurode
                                by laram0
                                6 year deal....He's off the list.
                                -02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
                              Working...
                              X