The Wistrom saga sucks for the Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wistrom saga sucks for the Rams

With the amount of injuries and lack of playing time it looks like the Rams will be lucky to pull a 5th round comp for Wistrom.

Re: The Wistrom saga sucks for the Rams

I do wonder how that all works. It's tough trying to keep up with all the rules and changes that comp picks take throughout the course of the year.

Comment

I wonder if we have a shot at a comp pick for B.Young.

Comment

We should get a LITTLE something (7th) for Young. He has been a starter all year but contributed little. 1 1/2 sacks, and 36 tackles. Not grand for a starter.

Comment

I think we'll get a fourth rounder out of Wistrom based on contract alone.

Comment

Originally posted by RamWraith
            With the amount of injuries and lack of playing time it looks like the Rams will be lucky to pull a 5th round comp for Wistrom.
            Not a whole heck of a lot for the former heart of the defense...or if not the heart, at least a ventricle. But I guess it's better than nothing.
            Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Comment

I just hope they choose wisely this time. It would be nice if they can finnish the season with all of thier picks on the roster.
              JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS
              :ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram::ram:

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
              Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Comment

I'm sure Fartz will pick another RB........ :ramlogo:

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamDez
                  Wistrom: We played like crap at every position on defense
                  by RamDez
                  Wistrom: We played like crap at every position on defense

We're still 3-1. Mistakes are correctable.

Grant Wistrom didn't mince words on how the Seahawks defense played in the fourth quarter against his former team. "We went out there and we played like crap at every position on defense," said Wistrom. "It was a total breakdown. We werenít getting pressure on them, guys were running around free because he (Bulger) had so much time to throw. We pretty much self-destructed out there."

Q: How can that happen when you dominated the first half?

Grant Wistrom: "We made mistakes, but they made plays. Theyíre a very good team. I've said it all week that they are 2-2, but they could easily be 3-1 or 4-0, as Coach Holmgren stated. They are a very, very talented offense. Any lapse in your assignment theyíre going to exploit, and thatís what happened."

Q: Does this change the preparation for next week's game?

Grant Wistrom: "We just have to look inward now. We will really find out what this team is all about. Itís easy to get along and everybody has fun when youíre winning every week. Now we have to refocus our efforts and come together as a family, and go out there and play better and play harder."

Q: How was it playing your old team?

Grant Wistrom: "Itís just more distractions: warming up and trying to say 'hi' to people. Thatís the main difference."

Q: What's the status of the division now?

Grant Wistrom: "People who handed us the division donít know a lot about the Rams, because they are a very, very good football team, and they are going to come ready to play every Sunday. They have had a couple of slipups this year, and thatís why they were 2-2, but I think they showed today why they are still a team to be reckoned with out there."

Q: How do you feel you played today?

Grant Wistrom: "I donít think I played very well today. I think I can play much better, and I expect to go out and play a lot better next week."
                  -10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
                • RamWraith
                  Wistrom
                  by RamWraith
                  Grant's stats from week one:

-09-13-2004, 12:13 PM
                • RamWraith
                  Wistrom Traded!!!!!!!!!
                  by RamWraith
                  GRANT WISTROM HAS BEEN TRADES TO SAN FRAN FOR A FIRST ROUND PICK IN THIS YEARS DRAFT!:rolleyes:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  APRIL FOOLS...scared you
                  -04-01-2002, 08:04 AM
                • RamDez
                  Grant Wistrom OUT
                  by RamDez
                  4 to 6 weeks with a broken knee .....................:upset:

It happened to the Seahawks .......................

But its Grant Wistrom ...................................:upset:
                  -10-18-2004, 05:33 PM
                • ramavenger
                  Wistrom hurt his back
                  by ramavenger
                  Posted: 01 Aug 2004 10:21 am

Post subject: Wistrom placed on Hawks' physically unable to perform list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive end Wistrom placed on Hawks' physically unable to perform listl

Mike Sando; The News Tribune

A bad back kept Grant Wistrom off the field for the Seattle Seahawks' most recent minicamp. It now appears Wistrom will miss the start of training camp as well.

The team's prized defensive end was among four players placed on the "physically unable to perform" list Saturday, indicating he failed a physical examination.
                  -08-01-2004, 01:52 PM
                Working...
                X