What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .

> No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable. Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.

> Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.

> I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

> A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.

> Final score: 2 - 0 Rams.

> It's obvious we don't have deep threats right now. Instead of the deep ball, why not primarily run the ball, and when necessary, go to short passes and rely on YAC? I've read that the Rams' secondary is suspect to put it mildly.

> Another loss coming our way. Actually make it 2 more, our next win might not happen until the Cards game. Right now, we are just too out of sync plus our mental game and confidence is to totally shattered.

> I'm glad it's a short week, I don't know if I could wait till Sunday to get this taste out of my mouth.

> Our passing offense is primarily Boldin, VD and Crabtree at full strength. Two out of those three are out, so we are running at 33%. Meanwhile, sure, why not give the others a chance...what is there to lose anyways. Better to have tried and lost than not try at all. There is something obviously/seriously wrong with the team right now...the ***** are not supposed to lose by these large margins. The coaching has to be questioned, everything has to be questioned before it's too late to change anything. We have a Coach of the year, Executive of the year, and an owner who has a lot of common sense. That's the only thing going for the team right now.

> The Ram's passrush will eat us alive.

> I don't understand the gameplan and offensive play calling the last 2 weeks. We have no WRs that can get open right now and yet we keep calling passing plays even though we were built as a run first team and had our best success the last 2 yrs on Gore's back. Harbaugh and Roman need to get their head outta their a**es and get back to running the ball and stop with the gimmicky read option BS

> The Rams suck. Their offense is so bland... I swear it's from the 1970's. Sam Bradford is Captain Checkdown and none of the receivers can catch. Although, whenever teams play us it seems like the receiving corp goes nuts and makes crazy catches. We can count on that and their punter booming the ball inside our 10... oh, and the kicker making several 50+ yard field goals.

> we are only favored by 3. we were favored by 10 against Indy.

> Rams should be favored

> Ive never been a naysayer on this board. Not during the Sing years, never got into the AS BS, but with all the hype before this season and after beating GB in week one, if we fall to 1-3, we really need to rethink a lot. I think Harbs is a good coach, and I think our players are top notch. But if we lose, something needs to change, maybe we pull a Ravens and dump our OC early in the year. I dont know, but SEA is poised to win the division, and likely home field advantage. Something needs to change and soon.

> 24-10 Rams

> Rams have scary wrs on offensive at home on the turf. I just don't feel good about this game. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise me and slow the rams down and hopefully the offense wakes the eff up and puts up some points. Team is really beat up tho. If just somehow they can get to 3-2 instead of 1-4 yikes!!!

> It's their (the lambs) Super Bowl.....we will definitely be tested....The good thing we get to see what JH does when he is backed into a corner....Is he going to come out swinging? Will we pull out the gadget plays/fake FGs or Punts? What adjustments can Harbaugh make in 3 days? We will see....

> If we run the ball for 65% of the snaps we should win this game easily. The Rams look terrible so far this year. They used to have a stout defense but for some reason they play pretty soft now and are getting torn up in both the pass and the run. Offensively, they are pathetic as well. This game should be a gimme. Unfortunately for us though, Kaepernick has yet to beat anyone in the NFC West aside from the Cardinals. Here's to hoping that he changes that stat this Thursday.

> Everything you said about the Rams can be said about us.

Re: What Fortywhiners Fans are saying .

> The Ram's passrush will eat us alive.

That's what I like to see!!!!
    sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

I'm really surprised at the defeatist tone, but I agree with them that the Rams are in a good position to win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
        I'm really surprised at the defeatist tone, but I agree with them that the Rams are in a good position to win this one.
        Not if they play the way the did against the Cowboys. Lets hope that was an brain fart.

Comment

Originally posted by jjigga3000 View Post
          Not if they play the way the did against the Cowboys. Lets hope that was an brain fart.
          That Dallas game certainly looms in the background doesn't it?

Comment

Final score: 2-0 Rams. That's my favorite.

I'm surprised and happy to hear this. Sounds like this game is going to come down to who sucks less.

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
              Final score: 2-0 Rams.
              I would love to pitch a shutout, but the naysayers will focus on only scoring a safety. ;)

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
                Final score: 2-0 Rams. That's my favorite.

I'm surprised and happy to hear this. Sounds like this game is going to come down to who sucks less.
                2-0 .....Rams...I will take that

Comment

Lot of Whiner fans at work and they've been surprisingly quiet. Which tells me they haven't watched the Rams games this year. This Rams defense and offense shouldn't scare anyone. If the Rams can't beat this team at home, with all their key personnel injuries, they won't sniff the playoffs.

Comment

I'm just hoping that the Dallas game is our Patriots game of last year. Do we have to have one game a year where we get absolutely demolished? If so, that must've been the one for this year, let's hope. I, for one, am quite curious to see how the Rams come out after that horrible loss. I have confidence we can overcome the obstacles and self inflicted wounds; however, I wouldn't be shocked if we were consistent in our inability to do anything on offense. I hope that isn't the case.
                    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Comment

I'm honestly surprised to see some of their fans have us winning. Even though they've been beaten down the past two weeks, I assumed they'd all be on a high horse.

Comment

It all comes down to if we begin playing defence again (like last year) or just keep playing soft.....

I still cannot figure out why our defence suddenly sucks to badly as we really have not lost any key players since last year..... guess it has to be we now have a DC?

Nice that the whiners fans are not confident comming into our house, at least they have learned last year that the Rams will play the whineres hard.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• RamWraith
                          Not sure why you all think we don't have a chance
                          by RamWraith
                          I tell you what, some you fans are already throwing in the towel for Monday's game. I am not sure why you all are so afraid of Indy. Hey they are 5-0. So what. That only means that odds are they are going to lose sooner than later.

Defensively...come on, lets all get a grip. There defense has played with the likes of these teams.

Tennessee #23 ranked offense
                          Baltimore #25 ranked offense
                          Jacksonville #22 ranked offense
                          San Francisco #31 ranked offense
                          Cleveland #16 ranked offense

Hardly comparable to the Rams. We can run with these clowns.

Maybe we might not win this game. But to throw in the towel and say we don't have a cold chance in hell, come on. My money stays with the Rams and I am not ready to sell them out yet.
                          -10-14-2005, 02:44 PM
                        • RamWraith
                          Locker Room Qoutes
                          by RamWraith
                          Thursday, September 30, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On preparing for the San Francisco game)
                          “I think with them starting out the way they have, and obviously with our record, it’s almost a must-win game. We had two good games last year, overtime here, then they got us pretty good out there. But it’s always a good game between these two organizations, and being a division game, it’s pretty important.”

(On playing at San Francisco)
                          “Last week, the way they got beat in Seattle, that’s not indicative of how good of a team they have. Just from watching some of their defense, they move around pretty well, and they have some incredible guys over there. It’s going to be a tough challenge this week.”

(On the Rams’ offensive style)
                          “I think everyone would like to see us run the ball more, the players, and I’m sure Coach Martz too. But what I think what he meant was, if the pass is all that is going for us, than that’s what we are going to stick with. Whatever it takes to win, whether we run it every down, or pass it every down, as long as we win that’s all we care about in here. I think that’s the point that he’s trying to convey.”

(On if the team is in panic mode)
                          “We are not in a panic. We know there is urgency in the situation we are in. I know how upset the fans get, and how upset everyone gets, but nobody wants to win more than us. The problem with that is if we dwell on the loss Sunday too much, then we won’t be prepared for San Francisco. We know they are getting ready right now, and if we are still worrying about last Sunday, then we will be in for a long game this Sunday. We made our corrections. You hate to say you had to move on, but you have to move on.”

(On if he has a good read on the ***** defense)
                          “They do a lot of coverages, and have a lot of different fronts. We played against pretty much all of those guys last year, so personnel-wise, we know them.”

(On if their defense is different now that Jim Mora is not the defensive coordinator)
                          “They do a lot of zone blitzing. (Mora) was probably a little more aggressive. That was just his style. They will still dial it up, and we will have to be prepared for a lot of things. Every week, some things you prepare for they don’t do, and some things you didn’t think they would do, they do. So we are just preparing for everything.”

DE Leonard Little

(On the defense not having a turnover)
                          “That’s the way it is sometimes. It will turn around for us. We’ll start to get some turnovers and get our offense on the field a little more. We started 1-2 last year and people put us in the same position last year at this time, so we just need to come out and play our game.”

(On if the defense hasn’t been as aggressive as last year)
                          “No, we just made some mental mistakes. It’s not like people...
                          -09-30-2004, 12:58 PM
                        • RamsFanSam
                          Less than 3 hours to kickoff
                          by RamsFanSam
                          And I still have concerns about this game. Don't get me wrong, we will win, but it will be a nail biter.It is still early in the season, we could still go 15-1 (I wish), but there are things that keep nagging me, and I don't just mean Tawn.
                          What's bothering me about this game is:
                          Since Detroit, we have won two games, lost another. We played well, but didn't dominate. For some reason, teams don't feel scared of the Rams unless we completely dominate our opponents. I know it's a small thing, but the psychological aspect of the game is still important. Other teams need to fear us...not just a little, but enough to make the other teams wet themselves in cowardice when they see the Rams come on the field.
                          Our offense is there...putting up the yards, the first downs, but not getting past the red zone. A lot of teams have the same troubles. It's not a lack of talent or desire, but for some reason, our opponents are able to read our plays better than they should. We have the manpower, the skill, and the coach to come up with the ideas. Yet, somewhere, the whole thing is breaking down. I'm not 100% convinced of this, but I think today we will see the beginning of the end to our red zone problems. Why? Well, one sore spot in the whole thing was the RT. Jackson could singlehandedly plow thru 5 or 6 defenders to score...but he needs blocks to open up holes. And, since there have been several comments made by Martz and some players concerning Barron, I wouldn't doubt that he may be on the field at some point today.
                          Our Defense has come a long way since last year. Little has his groove back. Arch doesn't seem apprehensive to make a big play. Coakley, Clairborne and the rest of the guys are playing seriously. Our weakest point is in the back...but they are even doing a decent job. Our defense is, for the first time in a couple of years, above average. Problem is, they can't do it alone. They need our offense to put up some TD's so we can win.
                          Special teams is better, too. Before anyone goes and starts saying they are still not making the big plays, look at it like this....are they making the stupid mistakes like last year, or are they finally getting the idea of holding on to the ball? Even if they are only average, it is still an improvement.
                          So why am I really concerned? It is a home game. The Rams might come onto the field with the wrong attitude...the attitude that they will win since it is in the EJD. They need to get the attitude that they will win because they are the better team and will earn the win. The old guys...Pace, Faulk, Arch, Bulger...they know this. The younger ones might not.
                          I see a Rams win....a hard fought, close win. This game will be good for us. It will reinforce what we learned in SF...no matter how good the numbers, every one on the field must give 100% and score some points to get the W.
                          -09-25-2005, 08:36 AM
                        • rNemesis
                          I dont see how a team could be so bad....
                          by rNemesis
                          YEt be better than our Rams.

I mean I just dont get what it takes to win in this league man. I am just tired of hearing the SAME OLD RAMS talk from all these so called analysts and experts and whoever else. Whenever we are playing a great or good team, we never get the pick , and probably rightfully so. But whenever we play a bad team, no matter what their record is now, was then, or what they predict it to be this year, its like they always pick us to lose. I dont see how a team could lose 12 games a year yet be "better than us"

I dont see how a team could be 2-14 yet be " better than us"

I MEAN COME ON GUYS!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!! BULLISH!!!! You cannot sit here and tell me that EVERY team in the league is "LEAPS AND BOUNDS" ahead of us and that " they only need a couple of pieces" yet " we have so many gaping holes'

Let me tell you what I have been doing the past 3 painful years. I have been watching closely ( and understanding) what it takes to win in this league. I have watch us play every team in the NFL over that period, I think. And at some point you have to wonder " OK, when is this losing going to stop"? We have played everyone from the Colts and Saints straight down to the Lions and Chiefs. SO you sit and wonder after every loss if you are ever going to win because you see all the mistakes you make and all of the lack of impact players. Now all that is pretty much addressed, aside from a couple more positions, we have some good players on this team and we have STILL NOT won a game? BULLISH!!!

NOW think about THAT my friends!! Think about why some other teams "suck" yet they can find a way to win some games. Why cant we?

Biggest question I have ever tried to find the answer to, and probably also the most annoying. Dont tell me its because we have too many holes.
                          -09-17-2010, 02:56 PM
                        • RamWraith
                          We whine when...
                          by RamWraith
                          we can't stop any one. We whine when we can. We whine when we are aggressive. We whine when we are conservative. We whine when we can't score all the time. We whine when we do. We whine when we call time outs. whine when we do. We whine when Marc throws for 400 yards and we whine when he doesn't. (this list could go on and on and on...)

What am I missing here? Did we lose against a playoff caliber team?
                          -09-11-2006, 02:30 PM
                        Working...
                        X