Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Ram's Stock Has Risen The Most Since 2012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Ram's Stock Has Risen The Most Since 2012?

Rams Stockwatch...

Which player has risen the most since last season?
    Sam Bradford
    2.94%
    Austin Pettis
    26.47%
    Joe Barksdale
    20.59%
    Michael Brockers
    8.82%
    Robert Quinn
    29.41%
    Trumaine Johnson
    2.94%
    Someone else (who?)
    8.82%

Re: Which Ram's Stock Has Risen The Most Since 2012?

As of right now, Barksdale because most of us didn't expect him to get the starting job and do well like shutdown JJ Watt albeit he had some TE help.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Comment

Considering all the flack he got last year, and how reliable he has been this year, I gotta say Pettis.

gap

Comment

I went with Barksdale because before the season it was all about Saffold and now Barksdale has come in and played great. Pettis is a good choice like Gap mentioned. We have given him a lot of Flack but he has been very clutch.

Comment

I went Quinn, he's second in the NFL in sacks behind Mario Williams and has four forced fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
            I went Quinn, he's second in the NFL in sacks behind Mario Williams and has four forced fumbles.
            Quinn is 6th in the NFL with 6 sacks. Robert Mathis and Justin Houston are tied at #1 with 9.5 sacks. Mario Williams is 3rd with 8 sacks. Quinns 4 FF lead by at least 2 over eveyone else though on the sack leader list according to bspn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
              Quinn is 6th in the NFL with 6 sacks. Robert Mathis and Justin Houston are tied at #1 with 9.5 sacks. Mario Williams is 3rd with 8 sacks. Quinns 4 FF lead by at least 2 over eveyone else though on the sack leader list according to bspn.
              My bad I was looking at just the D linemen. Still like what he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post
                My bad I was looking at just the D linemen. Still like what he's done.
                Oh i agree, i have loved what he has done. He has been a force of nature thus far.

Comment

I voted for Jenkins. He had more splashy plays early last year but I think he's a much better all-round player & no sign, knock wood, of the character issues. Definitely looking like one of Snisher's best gambles.

Comment

Michael Brockers. He's been a monster this year, and has elevated his game/impact dramatically. He's looking like a Pro Bowl contender.

Comment

Pettis, then a tie between Brockers and Barksdale. Great to have Quinn up there too!

In fact, it is great to have these tough selection problems.

Comment

When it comes to the biggest riser, it has to be Barksdale. Every other name on that list was a starter coming in to the season. Barksdale wasn't even sure of a roster spot. Now, he is getting mentioned as one of the top RTs in the NFL.
                        The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Pettis or Barksdale if looking from 2012 to current day. From our outside perspective, Pettis seemed like a roster bubble candidate coming into the season, and now he's locked in as the no. 2 receiver and a primary red zone target. Barksdale went from a backup, swing tackle candidate to a starting RT with upside that makes us question putting Saffold back into the starting lineup at all.

A vote from the someone else category might be Lance Kendricks. He's really found new life here as an h-back type TE and has excelled in that role. He's started by becoming a tremendous asset in the blocking game and has taken every opportunity he has been presented in the passing game. A really undervalued talent in my opinion.

Comment

Went for Barks as well, main reason as you guys mentioned he is doing awesome as a starter. If you knew of him in college you knew he had ability but good to see it at this level. The rest of the guys I expected them to be nailing it! Glad they are we look to be picking up some steam, good to see the blocking on the rise from all the guys. But if it falters I still would love to see us go with the extra O-Lineman I really never want to see us dominated for an entire game again I worry for Slingin' Sammy's life! On this note so nice to see our better blocking TE's getting healthy again! Harkey was really good in college and he does it well at this level too we missed him alot early on with his preseason injury.
                            Last edited by Randart; -10-18-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I considered Barksdale since he basically went from a nobody free agent pick up to a starter. Plus he's not a liability starter, they could actually use him as a starter next season. That's the sort of steal you need when turning around a franchise.

I voted Trumaine. He went from nickel corner to appearing to be a very special CB. The Rams have their 2 CBs for the next several years and with Trumaine exploding the way he has, it probably means Cortland is gone after this season. From what I've seen, the only part of his 2014 contract that is guaranteed is if he's injured and unable to play which guarantees him $3 million. Otherwise he's $10 million for a nickel CB.

Comment