The Rams are to blame for the Cardinals World Series loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rams are to blame for the Cardinals World Series loss

I don't know if there is such a thing as cross-sports teamwork, but there should be.

Roll this week back to Monday night. The St. Louis Cardinals had a key World Series Game 5 on their home field. Down the street, the Rams had a MNF game against the Seahawks.

Everyone knows that the NFL is far more popular than MLB, so it was clear that the Rams' game was going to draw the fans away from the Cardinals game, thereby eliminating their home field advantage. The Rams should have recognized this and found a way to eliminate the conflict. Instead, they selfishly insisted on playing the game as scheduled, forcing the Cardinals to play in front of what I presume was a nearly empty stadium.

The Rams neeed to look themselves in the mirror and consider whether it was worth stealing history from the Cardinals.

I, for one, am disgusted.

Re: The Rams are to blame for the Cardinals World Series loss

Lets be fair here. Both teams lost so its the friggin fans fault that they couldnt decide which game they wanted to watch. Or even those guys who sold the tickets for cheaper prices, off with their heads. And if the Red sox and Seahawks lost, maybe we would have won...right?

Comment

Re: The Rams are to blame for the Cardinals World Series loss

It was Bradfords fault, not the Rams.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ZigZagRam
        Cardinals in the World Series!
        by ZigZagRam
        Don't know how many Cardinals fans we have here, but I'm sure there are some lurking about. Way to go Cardinals! Time to extend that "curse" in Boston.
        -10-21-2004, 11:09 PM
      • bruce4life
        typical cardinals....
        by bruce4life
        always find a way to lose
        -09-10-2007, 11:51 PM
      • RamsFan4ever
        Pujols injured in loss to Cubs
        by RamsFan4ever
        stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060603&content_id=1486010&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

ST. LOUIS -- Aramis Ramirez's grand slam keyed a five-run fourth inning as the Cardinals were drilled by the Cubs, 8-5, at Busch Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
        A single and two errors loaded the bases for Ramirez, and the slugging third baseman tattooed a Mark Mulder offering 397 feet to right-center field to erase a 1-0 Cardinals lead. Three more singles and another error made it 5-1 before Mulder regained control of the inning, and a frame later, Phil Nevin added a two-run homer for Chicago.

St. Louis has dropped the first two games of its weekend series against Chicago, guaranteeing its first series loss at new Busch Stadium since the facility opened. Perhaps even harder to swallow, the Redbirds are 2-6 against the Cubs on the year, their worst record against any opponent.

Adding injury to insult, Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols left the game in the third inning with a strained right oblique muscle. It's unclear how long the Majors' home run leader will be out -- the club listed his status as "undetermined."

Yadier Molina had an RBI double for the Cardinals, and Mulder and David Eckstein each drove in a run with a single.

I hope Albert Pujols gets better. This a major loss for the St. Louis Cardinals.
        -06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
      • ILRamfan
        Arizona Cardinals
        by ILRamfan
        Due to the recent re-alignment, the St. Louis Rams 2001 NFC Champions, 1999 Super Bowl Champs are placed in the same division with the Arizona Cardinals. I don't think I need to remind everyone that these are the same Cardinals owned by the lying, stinking, coniving, greedy, moronic, Bill Bidwell. If the Rams do anything in the 2003 season, they MUST humiliate Arizona at every given opportunity! This must be our imperitive!

Does anyone out there agree?

Remember 1987!
        -04-06-2002, 08:59 AM
      • laram0
        Cardinals @ RAMS
        by laram0
        Let's go people....this is the biggest game for our RAMS since I can't remember when!

Predictions?
        -10-02-2012, 04:35 PM
      Working...
      X