Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rams hint at new uniforms (Kevin Demoff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams hint at new uniforms (Kevin Demoff)

I know this has been addressed, but.... It looks there is a good chance blue/yellow will be primary uniforms and blue and white will be throwbacks! That's awesome if this is actually going to be true. No matter what we will have uniform overhaul soon, Demoff says.

The Rams have used various shades of yellow or gold for most of the franchise's existence, dating back to the team's Cleveland-based days in the late 1930s.

But there was a nine-season window during the Rams' stint in Los Angeles, from 1964 through 1972, when the team's color scheme was much simpler:blue and white.
    And that look may be coming back.
    While interacting with fans Wednesday night on Twitter, Rams executive vice president and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff indicated that the blue and white uniform could soon be revived as a throwback:

DEMOFF TWEET: "
    A ton of votes for blue and white throwbacks. I'm with you on that and we are working on that as an option long-term."

Even more intriguingly, Demoff hinted that royal blue and yellow might be restored as the team's primary colors, replacing the current navy and gold:

DEMOFF TWEET:
    @ashaffe: how about we abandon navy and gold and just use the Blue and Yellow as regulars and Blue and Whites as throwbacks >> could happen

The Rams are known to be considering a uniform overhaul. In August, Demoff said he expected the team to revamp its look "at some time in the next five years." Judging by his tweets Wednesday night, that process is currently in motion.

The Rams' last full-scale uniform redesign was in 2000 -- the season after their victory over the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV. That redesign established navy and gold as the team's primary colors. The preceding uniform design, featuring royal blue and yellow, has been worn as a throwback since 2009.

Related Topics

Collapse

• VegasRam
    Change is coming.
    by VegasRam
    I think the change is finally going to happen. Saw a blurb today somewhere with Demoff talking about throwbacks (blue and white) and a permanent change (blue and yellow).
    My assumptions in parentheses.

Point of this post is most of the photos accompanying articles, (regardless of where they are), ando n the website seem to be showing the Rams in the blue and yellow uniforms.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed this?

It's gonna be great when we appear at the SB in Santa Clare in the '99 unis.
    -04-24-2014, 04:08 PM
  • lordwhttgr
    Rams to wear all white Thursday
    by lordwhttgr
    White is the color of purity. Wearing white is also is a deceptive way to fool the brain into believing something is what it’s not. White players appear to run faster and look thinner, just as players wearing all dark colors appear bigger and slower.
    On Thursday night the RAMS will suit up in their white away jerseys and wear their white pants, white shoes and white gloves. Due to an NFL ruling, the Rams are not barred from wearing their white horned helmets from the 60's and 70's. If we see them is anyone’s guess.
    If you’re going to the game make sure you wear your white Jerseys or a white shirt to show support.
    GO RAMS!!!
    -09-25-2013, 06:00 AM
  • MauiRam
    L.A. Coliseum has back-to-the-future homecoming awaiting Rams
    by MauiRam
    BY DON BANKS

LOS ANGELES — Like some legendary but aging Hollywood actress who remains regal after all these years, she’s still there, still standing, taking her place as the grand dame of American venues. At the ripe old age of 93, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is making a historic comeback of sorts in 2016, as the venerable stadium prepares to return to the ranks of the NFL as the temporary home of the relocated Los Angeles Rams.

Yes, the Rams are back, exactly 70 years after they moved to L.A. the first time, and there’s something undeniably retro cool about the fact that for three years they’ll be playing in the same building that housed one of the NFL’s most iconic franchises from 1946 to ’79. The Rams played at the Coliseum 34 years and remarkably have already been gone for the past 36—spending 15 years in Anaheim and 21 in St. Louis—but for me it’s the homecoming story within the story that promises to be one of the most intriguing sagas of the NFL’s 2016 season, turning every Rams home game into a Throwback Sunday.

Once upon a time, age and the lack of modern amenities conspired to end the Coliseum’s NFL ties, with the Rams heading south for Anaheim Stadium in time for the 1980 season and the Raiders leaving to return to Oakland 15 years later. But now the Coliseum’s decades-long pro football story has come full circle. Now, ironically enough, the Coliseum’s history with the Rams is its ally and biggest selling point, with Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald and Tavon Austin about to take the same field where the likes of Roman Gabriel, Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen so famously made their NFL marks.

Naturally all the focus, attention and excitement thus far has been about the sprawling new $2.6 billion stadium complex that will become the Rams’ home in Inglewood starting in 2019, in all its Disney-esque state-of-the-artness. Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s one-of-a-kind football palace is going to be shiny and pristine, and the venue will encompass almost 300 acres once the surrounding multi-use complex is fully developed.

But first, before the Rams make that bold leap forward, there’s this nostalgic back-to-the-future spin move they’re executing in returning to their past, the scene of so much former franchise glory. After a long interlude in St. Louis, the Rams really are going home. In a historic way.

“That’s what separates this place from every place else out there,” says University of Southern California VP/Coliseum COO Dan Stimmler, on one of those rare perfectly clear L.A. mornings last month. “I mean, find a venue that’s had two Summer Olympics, three AFL/NFL teams, the first Super Bowl, the World Series, two traditional collegiate superpowers like USC and UCLA, the baseball all-star game, and on and on. And now the Rams are back. When you scan through our timeline, you’ll just shake your head.”

Rams guard Tom Mack played all 13 seasons of his Hall...
    -03-16-2016, 01:24 AM
  • live4ramin
    Fashon questions
    by live4ramin
    Did we try to out sea hawk the hags this week by dressing out in their blue over blue color scheme? I was blacked out so I didn't get many looks, but as a psycological manuvre it missed the mark. At least with the hags.

Also, I ment to mention this last week, do the rams helmets seem to be changing color? The light blue seems to now be a dark navy or black.
    -11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
  • A-Web
    Ram-mobile
    by A-Web
    Well, alas, my 1988 Chevy S-10 has all but blown to smithereens. This picture is not my actual truck, but same off-road design. My truck had the middle 1/3 painted in the deep blue of our rams. It has been running since '88 and has reached the end of it's time.

But, like all things grow old. There are always new ones. I have found this truck, a 2000 GMC Sonoma that has the project capability. Let me know what you guys think, and maybe it won't be an off-roader this time. Was thinking about going (low-rider) on it.

That's the exact truck, and I should be picking it up today later. Like I posted earlier, I was hoping somebody might have an ongoing 30 day infinite CARFAX that they could search up this and another vehicle with. Let me know what you think about the truck and anything else.
    -03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Working...
X