Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car crash today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car crash today

wow, just like that...didn't know him obviously, but hearing that he was a cool guy

RIP

haven't confirmed it, but he may have been driving under the influence...DUNNO YET

so i can't say for certain...

Re: Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car crash today

I read he wasnt driving, he was a passenger.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Statement from Rams GM Les Snead

By StLouisRams.com

"I’m saddened to learn of the passing of Philip Lutzenkirchen. During his brief time with the Rams, Philip was a consummate pro. On behalf of the St. Louis Rams organization, we would like to send our condolences to his family. As an Auburn alum myself and with Coach Fisher’s ties to the university through his son Trent and daughter Tara, we join the Tigers in grieving this tragic loss." -

Comment

Originally posted by general counsel View Post
        I read he wasnt driving, he was a passenger.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
        oh, woops, read it wrong the first time

Comment

A very sobering thought. Sincere condolences to his loved ones and of the other fatality too.

Philip Lutzenkirchen, former Auburn tight end, dies at 23

By Chase Goodbread
          College Football 24/7 writer
          Published: June 29, 2014 at 03:04 p.m.
          Updated: June 29, 2014 at 05:35 p.m

Former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen died early Sunday in a car accident. According to Georgia State Patrol, Lutzenkirchen was traveling south of LaGrange, Georgia, as a passenger in a 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe at approximately 3:05 a.m., when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Upper Big Springs Road and Lower Big Springs Road. The driver lost control of the vehicle, which overturned several times in the one-car accident.

Driver Joseph Ian Davis was also killed, and two other passengers were injured and transported to West Georgia Medical Center.

An outpouring of support from Auburn players and coaches was almost immediate, including this tweet from Greg Robinson, the No. 2 overall draft pick of the St. Louis Rams this year. Robinson and Lutzenkirchen were Auburn teammates for two years.

Thanks for the news C92.

Comment

R.I.P. Phillip. Forever part of the Auburn family.

We Are One.

War Damn Eagle.
            If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

R.I.P. Phillip. Forever part of the Auburn family.

We Are One

War Damn Eagle
              If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam View Post
                A very sobering thought. Sincere condolences to his loved ones and of the other fatality too.

Philip Lutzenkirchen, former Auburn tight end, dies at 23

By Chase Goodbread
                College Football 24/7 writer
                Published: June 29, 2014 at 03:04 p.m.
                Updated: June 29, 2014 at 05:35 p.m

Thanks for the news C92.
                wish it were happier news for sure

definitely caught me by surprise, as do most deaths like these

Comment