Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player on the current roster will emerge in 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which player on the current roster will emerge in 2015?

Among the players currently on the roster, who is poised to become an impact player in 2015?
    Greg Robinson
    22.73%
    Tavon Austin
    13.64%
    Tre Mason
    11.36%
    Stedman Bailey
    15.91%
    Alec Ogletree
    4.55%
    Mark Barron
    6.82%
    T.J. McDonald
    2.27%
    Someone else (who?)
    22.73%

Re: Which player on the current roster will emerge in 2015?

By way of clarification, some of the players I've listed have already made somewhat of an impact (Mason, Ogletree, McDonald). If you vote for them, you're essentially predicting that they'll rise to the next level (i.e. Pro Bowl).

I went with Barron.

Comment

I voted other and that other will be Sam Bradford.

Comment

I voted Stedman, but that is only likely if the devil we don't know is better than the devil that just left.

gap

Comment

I voted Greg Robinson not only because I think he'll be good at LT with a full off season working at the position going into his second season. But because having him excel at LT is vital to the teams success. It was Jake Longs poor play coming back early from injury that helped us to lose Sam on that freak play. We really need big GR to be a quality LT not only for Sam but for the running game.
          The restoration is complete!

Comment

Without looking at the results first, voted for our boy Bailey. Closely followed by our boy Bradford. ;)

Comment

I voted for Tavon Austin.

I was high on Brian Quick coming into this year. It was his 3rd year in the league which is a make or break year for a Wide Reciever. Before his injury he was playing solid football and I believe he will also emerge next year as a star player with multiple 100+ yard games.

Now it is Tavon Austin coming into his 3rd year (Stedman Bailey as well, but I believe Tavon has a higher ceiling if he taps his potential). The situation looks to favor Austin as well. He can line up at slot and will have Bradford targeting him often. Not to mention punt returns, I believe he has had 2 or 3 TDs called back due to penalties.

Comment

I'm going to go with other, and say all of the above will progress substantially over where they are today.

That means pro-bowl level for McDonald

Orlando Pace-like year for Greg Robinson

Solid and dependable week in, week out contributer for Stedman Bailey

Honorable mention pro-bowl level for Ogletree

1,200 yard rusher for Tre Mason

Solid starter, maybe honorable mention pro-bowl level for Barron

And top 7 all purpose yardage king and pro-bowl punt returner in Tavon Austin.

Comment

Tavon Austin

Fisher needs to bring in an OC who can maximize Austin's potential.

Fisher traded up in the first round to snatch him, and Austin's been underutilized ever since. If he continues to be underutilized, Schotty won't be the scapegoat any longer, it'll be Fisher. He went up and got him in the draft, now it's time he puts the right pieces around him so he can be the game-changer we drafted him to be.

Comment

I voted someone else and that is LaMarcus Joyner. I was torn between Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin and I hope they will emerge as well, but if Joyner develops as planned that could be a huge upgrade for our secondary. Robinson better develop as Sam's blindside protector as he'll need that security.

AV, your title on the chart says 2014. Freudian slip, perhaps not. hahaha.

Go Rams!

Comment

It's Greg Robinson.

A full off-season in the LT position will do this kid good. In hindsight, I believe the whole "Greg, you're a OT, but for now play OG, but learn OT too, but also learn OG, while being an OT, but also being an OG" thing was mishandled. Not that it could have been avoided, but mishandled a little.

Having his spot secure at LT will be best for him.
                      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Tre Mason for me.

I really think he will put up some big numbers having the opportunity to play the full 16 game schedule.
                        sigpic :ram::helmet:

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                          It's Greg Robinson.

A full off-season in the LT position will do this kid good. In hindsight, I believe the whole "Greg, you're a OT, but for now play OG, but learn OT too, but also learn OG, while being an OT, but also being an OG" thing was mishandled. Not that it could have been avoided, but mishandled a little.

Having his spot secure at LT will be best for him.
                          With the returning vets we had I think the coaching staff did not have allot of options, the fact that Greg did well at both positions while learning on the job was admirable! I did not expect him to do as well as he did! I voted for him in this pole cause whoever is playing QB for us will be needing his back covered! I fully expect him to keep improving with time, he is not as big a project as I thought he was coming out, thanks to god! He could be pro bowl material in a short time, imho... Now he is slated to be our left tackle I hope they just keep him there no matter who we draft or sign.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundChuck View Post
                            I voted other and that other will be Sam Bradford.
                            I am down with this also!
                            Semper Fi!

Comment

This is where someone should speak up for EJ Gaines.
                              Look away. I'm hideous. __ Cozmo Kramer

Comment