Uniform Change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Change?

Since a lot of us have been somewhat touchy on the subject of relocating. Let's talk about a New Uniform. I personally have disliked the new colors ever since they came out with those uniforms. I would love to see the new uni's with the old colors with a optional blue and white uni. something like these. Click image for larger version

Name:	83edabb85cb9f7a74b6528e2baf09895.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	782648Click image for larger version

Name:	JesseAlkire_StLouisRams_helmet.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	782649Click image for larger version

Name:	st-louis-rams_uni.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	782650What say ye. Let's post ideas, better than talking about something we can't control.

Re: Uniform Change?

De hot has said a uniform change is coming. The NFL regulates how often a team can change uniforms though, for merchandis purposes. I think the only specific he gave us was that the throwbacks would be the old blue and white from the Deacon Jones days. Which led to a lot of assumption that they would be going back to a navy/yellow regular uni.
    The restoration is complete!

Comment

Originally posted by JJigga3000 View Post
      Since a lot of us have been somewhat touchy on the subject of relocating. Let's talk about a New Uniform. I personally have disliked the new colors ever since they came out with those uniforms. I would love to see the new uni's with the old colors with a optional blue and white uni.

What say ye. Let's post ideas, better than talking about something we can't control.
      You mean the uniform selections is something we CAN control?

Just kidding. Seriously, I wouldn't mind the yellow gold / royal blue version that Mikey mentioned. It may not be new, but it would be better established in the eyes and minds of a large sector of the fans that are familiar with the uniform and just want that ... better.

My choices, the first two below. Not ready to go for a radically new transformation.

Last edited by RealRam; -01-15-2015, 09:59 AM. Reason: Radically new transformation, not ready...

Comment

I remember someone in the Rams organization saying they were going to change the uni's about a year ago. Maybe they knew something then that we are just now knowing? I would think that the move back to LA and a uniform change would be forthcoming for sure. I would also expect them to be somewhat of a throwback to the old LA days. So, blue and white or the yellow and blue would be great to me, because like you jjigga, I've never liked the new colors. Maybe because I associate them with the owner-who-shall-not-be-named who had a hand in their design.

I'd like to see something that crosses the old blue and white, and the old yellow, blue and white designs of the 60's and 70's. I like the old blue and white uni's as long as they don't go all white. Never liked that design. They reminded me of practice uni's. I liked the blue and yellow except the dark blue on the helmet never match the royal blue of the uni's. Perhaps change the blue on the helmet to royal blue with the yellow. I tend to gravitate towards royal blue and powder blues because I think the old San Diego uni's are still the best uni's of all time, with the Rams yellow and blues a close second. I'm also a UCLA fan so that's where the powder blue comes in.

But I'm sure the uni's will change if and when they move, and I'm sure they'll be designed with old LA colors in mind.

Just don't EVER change the horns are get rid of the horns on the helmet....
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Just no white pants. Please. That's all I'm asking.

Comment

I like the gold pants and navy blue top. Best color combo ever,

Comment

Gold......the color of the medal awarded to winners.
              Yellow.....the color associated with cowardice.

I've just never been a fan of yellow. It seems to work for Big Bird, but that's about it.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Whenever i play as the Rams at home on Madden i switch to the alternate blue and yellows rather than the dark blue and golds.
                @EssexRam_

Comment

The blue and yellow worn in the 70's, 80's and 90's right up to their Super Bowl victory is to me unquestionably the coolest Rams uniform there is. The newest color scheme and logo (while still decent) did not improve upon the original. And the white pants and white jersey combo should be retired forever.

The picture shown by jjigga in the original post is pretty cool- I could live with that.

Comment

I love our white/blue throwback and blue/gold throwback. I wouldn't mind going back to the white/blue unis with bringing out the blue/gold on rare occasions.

Comment

In perspective of historical signifigance... the two uniforms discussed here both won championships so I am all for that tradition being restored! I was not the biggest fan of the Navy and Whites but the home jersey's were pretty cool the all White's not my fave... But the Forum Blue & Gold (as in Goldenrod) were my fave's!

As was pointed out by RFRH, those are the colors I relate best too. We agree in all uniform choices Loved the Chargers old uniforms best too! And UCLA's original powder blues were awesome too! The Rams being my second choice too! As best in the game... Honoring our past is what I love about this regime of ownership and FO and Coaching group. Tradition and Team Pride are great things to instill in our young players and also for all employee's of the organization! Even gets the fans motivated! Not a huge fan or the Navy and Gold either... Our most recent uniforms! They should only be used one time a season maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                        Gold......the color of the medal awarded to winners.
                        Yellow.....the color associated with cowardice.

I've just never been a fan of yellow. It seems to work for Big Bird, but that's about it.
                        yellow is also associated with being the happiest color, as well as a color that causes anger...also is the most fatiguing to the eye....also increases metabolism...so there's a lot going on there lol

with blue...funny enough, gives one a feeling of calmness and serenity...so they offset, neat!

but i think blue/yellow is the most striking combination in the NFL

the uniform dickerson's wearing in realram's sig...yes

as for the pictures

1. lose the tacky compression shirt/socks colors

2. no thanks

3. almost nailed it, except i'd use yellow accents along with keeping the horns on the shoulders...just looks wrong without them

also powder blue is wimpy :P
                        Last edited by citr92; -01-16-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

The only issue I have with the current uniforms is the mix matching. I like all blue at home and all white on the road. Don't care for the blue shirt- white pants or vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam View Post
                            You mean the uniform selections is something we CAN control?

Just kidding. Seriously, I wouldn't mind the yellow gold / royal blue version that Mikey mentioned. It may not be new, but it would be better established in the eyes and minds of a large sector of the fans that are familiar with the uniform and just want that ... better.

My choices, the first two below. Not ready to go for a radically new transformation.

Going to those uniforms would be fine, but I'd like to go back to what was in them.
                            Look away. I'm hideous. __ Cozmo Kramer

Comment

the 70s-80s blue yellow please...not only do they standout but ever since they changed to thise latest colors they have sucked..we win SB and change colors following year,

Comment