Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brockers is NOT being traded.

Jim Thomas@jthom1 · 38m 38 minutes ago

Kevin Demoff on Brockers trade rumors: "Better chance of Wainwright pitching this week than Brockers being traded."

Jim Thomas@jthom1 · 38m 38 minutes ago

Adam Wainwright, Cardinals pitching ace, is expected to miss the season with Achilles injury.
    So, there you have it.

Re: Brockers is NOT being traded.

And yes, I do realize that a report that negates a rumor is a "story" during this particular time of year, and that is exceedingly silly.

Comment

Interesting that the same guy who tweeted this:

Benjamin Allbright ‎@AllbrightNFL
      Several teams in talks with Eagles about Foles, #Rams are considered "leading contender" per source.
      10:05 AM - 9 Mar 2015
      Also tweeted on the Brockers trade "rumor":

Benjamin Allbright ‎@AllbrightNFL
      Hot rumor or pre-draft smoke?: #Bears and #Rams talking swap of draft picks plus Michael Brockers...?
      1:49 PM - 28 Apr 2015

Comment

Would make absolutely no logic in trading Brockers when we have him for another 2 years at reasonable numbers.

Comment

I guess that blind squirrels only find ONE acorn.

Comment

Nothing would surprise me with regard to Brockers.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
              Nothing would surprise me with regard to Brockers.
              ....unless he's traded; that would surprise me.
              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

If we are trading brockers to the bears in a swap of picks, i want dan hampton coming to the Rams as part of that deal. Brockers is young, relatively cheap, locked up for two years, and improving. His contributions do not usually show up in the box score.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

It is clear from this report that Wainwright is being traded to the Bears for #7!
                  The restoration is complete!

Comment

Why would there be any incentive to trade from strength and create a question mark in the middle? One could argue that Brockers is a top 15 run stuffer and still developing.

Comment

I never really believed this. There's no way Fisher will trade away someone on his D.

Comment

It seems Benjamin Allbright was correct again on the trade rumours for Brockers: "TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports the Cowboys, Texans, Cardinals, and Dolphins have all expressed interest in trading for Rams DT Michael Brockers"

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                          It seems Benjamin Allbright was correct again on the trade rumours for Brockers: "TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports the Cowboys, Texans, Cardinals, and Dolphins have all expressed interest in trading for Rams DT Michael Brockers"
                          Allbright said
                          ...#Bears and #Rams talking swap of draft picks plus Michael Brockers
                          Even assuming Pauline is correct (which is a whole other conversation), it's a stretch to say that Allbright's notion of BOTH the Bears and the Rams are talking trade is correct. Maybe teams have expressed an interest, but if the Rams haven't (and there's nothing to show that they have) then there's still nothing to the rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
                            Allbright saidEven assuming Pauline is correct (which is a whole other conversation), it's a stretch to say that Allbright's notion of BOTH the Bears and the Rams are talking trade is correct. Maybe teams have expressed an interest, but if the Rams haven't (and there's nothing to show that they have) then there's still nothing to the rumors.
                            Yeah I forgot he was saying we would swap. I just meant that there were Brockers trade rumours floating around. We'll see if we get a good enough offer or if Fisher even wants to move Brockers.

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                              Yeah I forgot he was saying we would swap. I just meant that there were Brockers trade rumours floating around. We'll see if we get a good enough offer or if Fisher even wants to move Brockers.
                              I'd be shocked if they were trying to move him, but who knows? I mean it's National Poker Face Day so he may be getting traded as we speak.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• mcpeepants232003
                                Michael Brockers
                                by mcpeepants232003
                                I saw a lot of analysts give the Rams grief for trading down and missing out on Fletcher Cox and Dontari Poe but Brockers has been more effective than both(though Cox has slightly better stats but has played way more).

Jenkins has got most of the hype but Brockers has played a huge part in our success.
                                -12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
                              • Rambos
                                Brockers getting closer
                                by Rambos
                                by nick wagoner

Coach Jeff Fisher said the Rams made it through the game relatively clean and actually made mention of the Rams getting healthier, namely on the defensive front.

That means that DTs Michael Brockers and Matt Conrath could be back in the mix next week. Brockers, in particular, seems to be on track. He actually went through a pre-game warmup workout with strength coach Rock Gullickson. It looks good for the prized rookie’s return sooner than later.
                                -09-24-2012, 01:00 PM
                              • sosa39rams
                                Brockers Only Out for 2-4 Weeks
                                by sosa39rams
                                "CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Rams first-round pick Michael Brockers' ankle injury should only cost him 2-4 weeks.La Canfora's report indicates Brockers avoided a dreaded high ankle sprain. Whereas the Rams may have been without Brockers until Week 4, they may now get him back as soon as Week 2 or 3. St. Louis will struggle to stop running games as long as Brockers is missing from the lineup. Look for the Rams to turn to a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard to replace him against Detroit.. "

-09-03-2012, 05:28 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Michael Brockers hopeful for long-term contract ..
                                by MauiRam
                                By Nick Wagoner

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- As the first draft pick of the Jeff Fisher and Les Snead era in St. Louis, Rams defensive tackle Michael Brockers figured to be a building block in the team's long-term aspirations.

The Rams made Brockers the No. 14 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft after trading down twice to add more picks. He was the third first-round pick added to a defensive line that has since added two more. But while the rest of those picks have had clearly defined roles in their time with the team, Brockers' job has been more of a moving target.

It has made for a difficult read on where Brockers fits best. He has been asked to gain weight to hold up better against the run and lose weight so he can be a better pass rusher in the span of a year.

But Brockers has at least one fit that he hopes to add to the list for the immediate and long-term future and that's staying a Ram well beyond the next two seasons.

"I am definitely hopeful I can get a long-term deal," Brockers said. "Being here with Fish, I love the team. Everybody wants to stay with one team their whole career. I know it’s a business but at the same time, I love these guys here and I would love to stay here in St. Louis and be with these guys."

The Rams seem to share that opinion after choosing to exercise their fifth-year option to ensure Brockers is with the team at least through the 2016 season. That decision keeps Brockers from becoming a free agent after this year and will cost the Rams $6.146 million against the 2016 salary cap if the two sides don't work out a deal before then.

It would be a surprise if it came to that. Brockers' representatives and the Rams have engaged in some initial conversations about a deal, but nothing appears imminent. That doesn't mean something won't come together, though. Just last year, the Rams had exercised that same option on defensive end Robert Quinn and then signed him to a lucrative contract extension in Week 2, nearly a full year before the option would kick in.

"I’m going to let agents and GMs do what they have to do," Brockers said. "I’m going to try to stay back and get my eye on the field and what I have to do to get better."

Brockers' pursuit of improvement should be buoyed by the fact he finally seems to have a set role heading into 2015. Midway through 2014, the Rams moved Brockers to more of a nose tackle position, asking him to tie up multiple blockers to help free up rookie running mate Aaron Donald.

The move paid off as Donald posted nine sacks and went on to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year. Brockers' numbers took a hit as he dropped to 32 tackles and two sacks after 46 and 5.5 in 2013.

Although his new job doesn't come with much in the way of glamour or statistics, Brockers is embracing it.

"I’m OK...
                                -06-14-2015, 02:12 AM
                              • r8rh8rmike
                                Fear The Beard: Healthy Brockers Ready To Take Next Step
                                by r8rh8rmike
                                Fear the beard: Healthy Brockers ready to take next step

11 hours ago • By Jim Thomas jthomas@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8197

Michael Brockers’ beard can best be described as prolific, even biblical.

“It’s coming along very well,” said Brockers, the Rams’ second-year defensive tackle. “At LSU, I just had a little chin (hair) going, but now I think the all-out beard really makes me look dominant. Beard equals sacks. And I think sacks are good for me right now.”

Brockers was joking, but the goal definitely is to take the next step as an NFL defensive tackle, whether it’s sacks, tackles for loss — what have you — and become a force in the middle of the St. Louis front four.

“Mike did a great job coming back off the high ankle (sprain), and really finished up strong toward the second half of the (2012) season,” coach Jeff Fisher said. “He’s worked very hard. He’s changed his body, and we think he can be a dominating player inside.”

A high ankle sprain in the Rams’ 2012 preseason finale against Baltimore sidelined Brockers for the first three games of his rookie season. High ankle sprains can take forever to heal — just ask Sam Bradford — and Brockers felt lingering effects of the injury throughout the season.

Even so, he came on strong over the second half of the year, playing very much like the No. 14 overall pick in the draft. At season’s end, he joined cornerback Janoris Jenkins as the first Rams since 2003 to make the NFL’s all-rookie team. Brockers’ season totals included 63 tackles, four sacks and 17 QB pressures or hits. All in all it made for a good start in the NFL, but Brockers wants more this season.

“I can’t even see the ceiling yet,” Brockers said during practices in June. “I want to keep progressing from here on in, and I just keep doing my thing. The ankle is fine. I have no excuses now and I’m putting a lot of pressure on myself to do great things.”

The high ankle sprain, to Brockers’ right ankle, is long behind him. In addition, Brockers underwent cleanup surgery in February to remove bone chips in his left ankle. He believes that procedure corrected carryover symptoms from an injury at LSU that irritated his foot last season.

“When I’m in my stance, it really pinched on nerves,” Brockers said after a recent training camp practice. “Now that that’s out I can just feel me being more explosive off the ball, getting in the backfield real quick.”

Brockers now has two good wheels and has increased his overall weight and upper-body strength.

“He’s changed his body,” Fisher said. “He’s gained some weight, but it’s good weight. He’s gained a tremendous amount of strength.”

Brockers weighed in at 325 pounds for training camp after playing around 318 to 320 as a rookie. An extra five to seven pounds may not sound like much, but for a finely tuned pro...
                                -07-30-2013, 09:47 AM
                              Working...
                              X