Brockers is NOT being traded.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AvengerRam_old
    started a topic Brockers is NOT being traded.

Brockers is NOT being traded.

Jim Thomas@jthom1 38m 38 minutes ago

Kevin Demoff on Brockers trade rumors: "Better chance of Wainwright pitching this week than Brockers being traded."

Jim Thomas@jthom1 38m 38 minutes ago

Adam Wainwright, Cardinals pitching ace, is expected to miss the season with Achilles injury.
    So, there you have it.

• RamFan876
    replied
    Re: Brockers is NOT being traded.

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
    So we trade 3 spots up to take a player who may or may not be an upgrade over an already strong position? That is what gets coaches and GM's fired. We have a chance to upgrade our OLine or our WR positions in adding a good player at #10 but instead of doing that we should maybe upgrade DT?
    In my first post, we are trading him for another first-round pick and not just to move up. It would give the Rams the flexibility to take Shelton if he fell to 10 and still pick up another player later in the first round. Would that change your mind or would you still not support such a trade?

I suppose there is also the option that Fairley mans his position and they decide to give Brockers away to move up. I think Cooper, maybe White, would have to be available in that scenario. Otherwise, I understand the criticism I have endured. :-)
    Last edited by RamFan876; -04-30-2015, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied

Originally posted by RamFan876 View Post
    I'm not saying he's useless, he's a solid player. However, they could use a first-round pick to draft Danny Shelton. He would be an upgrade at the position.
    So we trade 3 spots up to take a player who may or may not be an upgrade over an already strong position? That is what gets coaches and GM's fired. We have a chance to upgrade our OLine or our WR positions in adding a good player at #10 but instead of doing that we should maybe upgrade DT?

Leave a comment:

• RamFan876
    replied

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
    Brockers is as valuable or more valuable than any other guy on that DLine. People are seriously under valuing him. In a 4-3 you have to have one of your DT's that can eat a double team in the middle allowing the others more freedom. He is the run stopper on this line and it's not easy to replace those. As for being critical of his low sack numbers have we forgotten what Fisher and Williams does on obvious passing downs? DT's come out on big passing downs and we run 4 DE. Donalds emergence as a pass rusher changed that a bit but if you have a 3rd and 5+ yards you won't find Brockers on the field. Neither Fairley nor Donald can fill his role on this defense and you're not going to find a rookie who can go in week 1 and fill it. Getting rid of him seriously hurts this defense.
    I'm not saying he's useless, he's a solid player. However, they could use a first-round pick to draft Danny Shelton. He would be an upgrade at the position.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied

Brockers is as valuable or more valuable than any other guy on that DLine. People are seriously under valuing him. In a 4-3 you have to have one of your DT's that can eat a double team in the middle allowing the others more freedom. He is the run stopper on this line and it's not easy to replace those. As for being critical of his low sack numbers have we forgotten what Fisher and Williams does on obvious passing downs? DT's come out on big passing downs and we run 4 DE. Donalds emergence as a pass rusher changed that a bit but if you have a 3rd and 5+ yards you won't find Brockers on the field. Neither Fairley nor Donald can fill his role on this defense and you're not going to find a rookie who can go in week 1 and fill it. Getting rid of him seriously hurts this defense.

Leave a comment:

• RamFan876
    replied

Originally posted by HUbison View Post
    come on, man. You have to know that's not how you measure a nose tackle.
    The Rams don't run a true 3-4 defense. If that's his strength, he should be on a team like the Bills with Rex Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied

Aaron Donald is simply a much better player. Brockers wasn't mentioned for rookie defensive player of the year, hasn't made a Pro Bowl, and he only had 24 solo tackles with 2 sacks last year. He is a solid player but he is not keeping offensive coordinators up all night when they plan for the Rams.
    come on, man. You have to know that's not how you measure a nose tackle.

Leave a comment:

• RamFan876
    replied

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
    ok, this is a fisher fake.........Convinced we are now trading Mighty Quinn for the Ravens starting offensive line
    You're probably right but I don't think it would hurt the Rams if it was true. :-)

Leave a comment:

• macrammer
    replied

ok, this is a fisher fake.........Convinced we are now trading Mighty Quinn for the Ravens starting offensive line

Leave a comment:

• RamFan876
    replied

Originally posted by Trevor View Post
    Yes he has. Why do you think so many teams are interested in him? I'd argue that Donalds success is largely due to Brockers.
    Aaron Donald is simply a much better player. Brockers wasn't mentioned for rookie defensive player of the year, hasn't made a Pro Bowl, and he only had 24 solo tackles with 2 sacks last year. He is a solid player but he is not keeping offensive coordinators up all night when they plan for the Rams.

Leave a comment:

• AvengerRam_old
    replied

I know he was drafted in the first round but he hasn't been worth a pick that high. If they can swap him for one, why not do it?
    1. I think you are undervaluing him.
    2. He's a 24 year old player who the Rams have signed for 2 years at a good price.
    3. We don't have a replacement for him (Nick Fairley is not a nose tackle).
    4. Nobody is reporting that a first round pick is being offered. Rather, the rumor (debunked) was that the Rams would trade him in exchange for 3 spots in the first round (from 10 to 7).

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied

I know he was drafted in the first round but he hasn't been worth a pick that high. If they can swap him for one, why not do it?
    Yes he has. Why do you think so many teams are interested in him? I'd argue that Donalds success is largely due to Brockers.

Leave a comment:

• RamFan876
    replied

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
    Wouldn't totally surprise me if Brockers ended up somewhere else. Fisher says one thing and does another. Who knows.
    The way I see it, if your name isn't Quinn or Donald, given the right situation, anything is possible as far as a trade scenario.

Leave a comment:

• RockinRam
    replied

Wouldn't totally surprise me if Brockers ended up somewhere else. Fisher says one thing and does another. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 232 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X