• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Superbowl XXXVI Mirrors the WWF.

That is ****ing sicking.

Comment

Great breakdown, RT. Thanks for taking the time to put all that together. My stomach is churning at what I'm looking at, though. I forgot some of those hits to the head. Pisses me off.

Comment

While I think some of the stuff you've gotten clips of is just silly (i.e. the 'intentional fumble'), a lot of that stuff is horrible refereeing. But what can be done? Nothing.

It's all just another ploy in the Rams getting screwed.

Comment

Too funny...GREAT JOB RT, now I know where you been fo the last 3 weeks :-)

And people laughed at me for calling them cheaters and told me to suck it up, we lost.

Comment

While I think some of the stuff you've gotten clips of is just silly (i.e. the 'intentional fumble'), a lot of that stuff is horrible refereeing. But what can be done? Nothing.

It's all just another ploy in the Rams getting screwed.
            WRONG! This is not just another ploy in the Rams getting screwed. Sure the Rams have had calls go against them in the past which has ultimately decided a game or a playoff game and they have had calls go their way as well. This superbowl is not a call or some bad luck, this superbowl was tainted from start to finish. This game stands alone as far as referee favoritism. NEVER have I seen a game never mind a superbowl where one team was allowed to step over the line of decency without so much as one flag being thrown to keep things under control. Before we are so far removed from that game that we forget just how dominant the Rams were that year. Let's not forget that the 24th ranked defense of the Patriots had no chance at stopping the rams by playing within the rules of the game. OK so they pushed the envelope and who could blame them however after they realized that they could get away with anything, it escalated into a very telling story. The story here is not the Patriots beating the Rams; it is the hypocritical NFL allowing all these cheap shots never mind the defensive holding that went on. CHRIST SAKES anyone can see that it was not just a horrible refereed game, horrible refereed game infers that the refs missed some calls when they purposely did not call anything against the Patriots. BULLSH*t!!!!! I say They purposely did not call those blatant personal foul because it would be unfair to the Patriots to make them play by the rules and the NFL did not want to risk the Patriots losing momentum. It just pisses me off and makes me wonder if I will ever watch another football game again.

If you want to bop along oblivious to what happened in that game then so be it however my intelligence along with common sense tells me that there were steps taken to keep the game close and if that is the way the NFL wants to do things then I have better things to do on my Sundays then watch a fabricated ending to a sporting event. I waited to fuc*ing long and have rooted for this team to fuc*ing long to sit by and watch this bullsh*t unfold in front of my eyes and say or do nothing about it.
            I tell you what, you show me a game, any game with more blatant favoritism and I will reconsider my feelings but until then, this superbowl was a product sleaze and a shot at America's intelligence.

Comment

Woah! Settle down big fella. I watched the game and everybody around me the few weeks after the SuperBowl knew I was speaking out against the screw job the Rams received. I share your views brother.

In fact the first post I recall ever making at ClanRam was a post on that subject.

Call me crazy but in 2002 when we started off 0-5 I kept telling myself that the league was paying the Rams back by allowing them to make the biggest comeback in the season to win a SuperBowl. Yes, I know, I'm dillusional.

I wasn't denouncing what you've done here. There is a lot of good clips you have on there. I was simply saying some of the stuff (i.e. the intentional fumble that hit the ground then bounced out) should probably be left out if you want to keep the integrity of the whole work. You said the page was open for 'viewing and critiquing.' If you didn't want to hear a 'critique' then you shouldn't have asked for it.
              Last edited by ZigZagRam; -02-21-2005, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I don't see why the refs would favor the Patriots. They had no incentive. In fact, a better story that year would have been the dominance of the Rams "Greatest Show on Turf".

The Rams got screwed by bad calls, true, but still could have won that game. Warner should not have thrown that pass, and Martz could have ran Faulk more. Not that I'm blaming anyone...hindsight is 20/20, they just lost.

I am amazed at the blatent lack of personal foul penalties, but still the "September 11th, they're called the 'Patriots' and their colors are red white and blue" conspiracy, or any other conspiracy theory belongs in the "Area 51" files.

The loss is what makes me sick when I watch those clips. I wanted that one BAD!

Comment

Zigzag. That entire reply was not directed at your comment. I was just re-venting the entire affair again.

BTW do you really think he got out of bounds on that play? There is a rule about intentional stoppage of the game clock you know.

Comment

I don't think he got out of bounds, but I don't think he intentionally fumbled the ball. The refs screwed up in that the clock should not have stopped. But I'm almost certain that fumble wasn't intentional because it looks like it was caused by the ground.

Comment

Nice work RT. These clips were hard to watch, even years after the fact. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the Rams had employed the same tatics in an effort to force the issue with the officials.

Comment

The Superbowl in 79-80 hurt,but I knew we got beat by a better team,no excuses or accusations,we lost.I got over it.2001- I cant get over.I think alot of people were involved,Starting with Tagliabue and his cronies,and I wouldnt rule out Martz by his sorry play calling.Question why was Mike Jones immediatly gone after the tackle.
                        Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho9985
                          The Superbowl in 79-80 hurt,but I knew we got beat by a better team,no excuses or accusations,we lost.I got over it.2001- I cant get over.I think alot of people were involved,Starting with Tagliabue and his cronies,and I wouldnt rule out Martz by his sorry play calling.Question why was Mike Jones immediatly gone after the tackle.

Am I missing something? Where does smartz have in his playbook to pass to Ty Law for 7pts instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds?

I can't find that play but I did see it a few more times in 2002 than I would like to admit on our way to 0-6.

Most sports fans I know blame the QB, not the d-fence, possibly the refs for so many non calls in the last minutes of the game. Can you say int'l grounding? Not if T. Brady is on the field.

Interesting how emotion rules over responsibility when this particular game is relived ... :tough:
                          Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

[QUOTE=RamTime]1st draft of this page is ready for viewing and critiquing. It will make you sick but it needs to be brought out for everyone to see. If anyone has clearer video of superbowl XXXVI I would really love a copy. My copy was a tivo experiment however it shows enough blatant favortism to reconsider supporting the NFL.

RT,

Great piece of work and effort.

Although IMHO your exhibit "E" cleary reveals that the ball was released before the mugging.

Thanks for conjuring up some deeply preserved dark memories. :redface:

Do you have tape of what I believe was intentional grounding before they made their first 1st down on the "Lots of help from our Zebras drive"?

I was wondering if that play could be added as "Exhibit O-1A" in your dissertation.

Great work and you have a future as an attorney if you so desire

FLO
                            Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Comment

Originally posted by fearlessone
                              Am I missing something? Where does smartz have in his playbook to pass to Ty Law for 7pts instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds?
                              Martz' playbook had Kurt Warner passing 44 times while running Marshall Faulk 17 times against a defense that pretty much said "we dare you to pass". A devestating interception was a foregone conclusion. Mike Martz was not solely responsible for the SB 36 loss but he most certainly played a part.

Originally posted by fearlessone
                              Interesting how emotion rules over responsibility when this particular game is relived ...
                              Good point.

Comment