My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story

Hello everybody. I just joined this forum and I already think that it is great. I love the Rams and became a Rams fan very recently. In the summer before the 1999-2000 season (Super Bowl Season) I was opened up to the wonderful oppurtunity to work the the Rams, and I have been working withg them ever since. I live in New York, and live in a house with all Giants fans, so it is not often that I get to share my experiance with people. I have been up close and personal with all the players, so if anyone has any questions or anything please feel free to ask. It is not easy being a Rams fan in NY.

Welcome Go7

new fans always welcome. Reckon we all want to know what the guys on the team are really like , without the media spin. Looking forward to your insights

Dod
    :helmet:
    GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

Hi GoRams7, you mention that you work with the Rams?
      What do you do with them ?

Anything interesting?

PS, welcome to the forum

Comment

All of the guys are great, there are some that I think they act a little cocky. It took me a while to realize that they are just regular people too. there are so many of them that were so cool to hang around.

Comment

Go7 - What do you do with the Rams?
          What job do you perform for them?

Thanks,
          Sco

Comment

I work on the equipment staff, I can only work during the training camp in the summer untill I finish up college

Comment

Thats sounds like a great job...how does one go about getting into something like that? Hell I would do it for free :-)

Comment

Too cool,

when do you start at camp?

DodRAM
                :helmet:
                GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

The camp starts around the second week in July and ends second or third week in August. I have a relative that is a higher up in the organization. I have such a great time, you get treated like gold.

Comment

Would that relative be Todd Hewitt by any chance ??

Comment

No, it is not Todd Hewitt, but he was my boss, and a great guy. I got the job through John Shaw.

Comment

JOHN SHAW!!

You are looking pretty high up on the scale. A Ram administrator. I am impressed:-)

I will be at traing camp this year, maybe I could look you up.

Comment

Are you just going to the camp to vist? If it is still in Macomb next year I will just warn you now, that the town is horrible. I dont know if it is because where I am from there are so many people but I really dont like the town that it is in.

Comment

I am going down to watch a couple, three practices and stay 2 or 3 nights. Not going to Macomb going to the Rams:-)

I went 2 years ago when they were in Champaign for that week against the Colts and had a nice time. This year I am taking my family and little daughter in hopes to get some pictures and with her and the players. Got to bring her up right you know. I figure if I start her young enough she will get hooked like I:-)

Comment

I (WE) also knew a kid that used to work during training camps for the Rams. I think his name was Jason. Dez remember him...he went by Kennison Kid. That ring a bell to anyone?

Comment