Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not letting this go - Bernie needs to run out of town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not letting this go - Bernie needs to run out of town!

Not a week ago, Bernie devoted an entire article to what he described as "anarchy" and "a helter-skelter mess" at Rams Park.

This is the same "helter-skelter" organization has managed to resign a number of RFAs and exclusive rights players, restructured Marshall Faulk's contract to clear needed cap space, signed FA Dexter Coakley within a day of his release by the Cowboys, and is apparently currently actively pursuing other free agents including Chris Claiborne.

Here's the problem with this. We, as fans, have very limited access to information. We therefore rely on a limited number of local sportswriters, who have greater access, to provide us with some insight.

Why should we have to rely upon someone like Bernie who (1) clearly has disdain for Martz and the front office, and (2) takes every opportunity to place a negative spin on few fact he knows or, more often, thinks he knows.

Don't think that this does not go unnoticed, either. I'll bet that Martz and others are aware of Bernie's approach, and probably avoid him more and more because of it. Bernie then gets annoyed (don't forget, the guy is so defensive he feels the need to snipe at anyone who takes a shot at him on his message board, rather than simply ignoring the trolls), and becomes more negative and critical. Its a vicious circle.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want some total "homer" to blow sunshine up our posteriors about everything, but Bernie clearly has an agenda that renders him useless as a conduit of information to Ram fans.

Re: I'm not letting this go - Bernie needs to run out of town!

As I have said from the beginging

I rest my case sir.

Comment

Avenger, can you come up with a good nickname for bernie. I loved the named yesterday Len PastaBelly. Bernie the Dolt is not good enough under the circumstances.

general counsel

Comment

Hmmm....

Bernie Likma'arse?

I'll work on it.

Comment

This thread made me curious about what Bernie has been writing lately, so I ventured over to the PD site and unfortunately.....went on to their message board.....my IQ dropped 75 points. I'm now somewhere between a shovel and a retarded mule.

It's going to take weeks here at the Clan to make up for my 5 minutes of brain-numbing on the PD site. :confused:
          The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

How about Bernie Mikockless.

general counsel

Comment

That's not bad.

Comment

This thread made me curious about what Bernie has been writing lately, so I ventured over to the PD site and unfortunately.....went on to their message board.....my IQ dropped 75 points. I'm now somewhere between a shovel and a retarded mule.
                Yeah I started posting over there yesterday. There's no sense in arguing with those people they just don't understand...anything related to football. One good thing I did learn, nobody over there seems to know about the Clan. I'd like to keep it that way.

I missed you guys. :redface:

Comment

I have to disagree with your stand on this one. Over the years Bernie has covered football he has shown to speak his mind. Something that gets done frequently on this board. Just because someone disagrees with your point of view, does not make them wrong. It is also classless to make up nicknames for anyone, when they are ment to demean them. As a moderator of this board you can say want you want, but you also have a responsibility to keep this board in line. I visit this board at least twice a day, but unless I have something to say I don't post. The number of posts is not what makes someone knowledgable. It just means they have a lot of time to answer or comment on someones post. :helmet:

Comment

Bernie Rocks. I don't care what you all say, I still love y'all but BernieM is one of my favorite sports writers.

Comment

Sorry to offend you 1st and goal, but first of all, its the offseason and trying to have a little fun with some nicknames does not necessarily demean anyone. It is one thing to poke fun at public figures such as bernie, who certainly doesnt have a problem poking fun at others. We tend to do a very good job on this board of not demeaning each other, although things can get a bit heated from time to time.

We certainly respect everyones right to agree or disagree with bernie or anyone else for that matter.

general counsel

Comment

Actually, Bernie is maybe one of the most if not the most respected sports writer in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by YOUbSon
                          I'm now somewhere between a shovel and a retarded mule.
                          For the life of me and I don't know why, but I've been trying to visualize just what a retarded mule looks like. I even took a mirror out.

All I'm left with is:

"Those who write clearly have readers; those who don't have commentators."

- Camus, 1951

Comment

If you're going to stick up for Bernie and condemn me for criticizing him, give me a good reason. Explain to me the value of writing an article about the Rams' front office being in chaos when it clearly is functioning quite effectively.

Don't just tell me that Bernie "rocks."

Don't tell me that Bernie is merely "speaking his mind."

Comment

"Those who write clearly have readers; those who don't have commentators."

- Camus, 1951
                              Who is more important to communication, the writer or the reader?

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." Twain
                              The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment