Why we lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we lost

It took me a few days to swallow this lose. We lost this game because of the sure fact we were out played. Football is a game of match-ups, and Tampa matches up against the Rams GREAT.

If we don't bring out "A" game to them and get our heads out of the sky we are going have trouble against teams like TB. We need to start getting the hunger feeling back and start playing football. There is NO sense of urgency from this team and the next few weeks will tell the tale.

Here's to lessons learned. I hope some people have woke up and smelled the coffee and see that we are human. WE WERE OUT PLAYED WE DIDN"T BEAT OURSELVES. Wake up team....PLEASE! :rolleyes:

Related Topics

Collapse

• jjigga3000
    Reason's........
    by jjigga3000
    Last year we had lost all hope of doing anything after the 4th game of the season. The Rams weren't competitive or competent. This year is a whole different beast. We're two games out of first place and have the chance to enter the bi-week at .500. I know for a fact not many people in this forum believed or even thought that this would be possible. The fact that we're getting mad and upset that we lost a gave says something, with a couple of plays going our way, and I do mean a couple we could be 6-1. Our record really doesn't give a direct detail of who and what kind of team this is.

So we have many reasons to be excited about the state of the Rams, because we know we now have a competitive team. Look at the second half of the season, I don't see why we can't make a run for the playoffs. First off if we beat Seattle at home, then we have the tie breaker against them, in the case of a tie. and I see no reason why we can't because i think we match up well against them. of the rest of the 8 teams we face including the Cardiac Kats, I think it's possible we could go 7-2 or 6-3. The only teams I see us having a problem with are the Falcons, and Saints. I see us finishing 9-7, and this year I think that's good enough to make the playoffs. Reason's to be hopeful fellas.

For those who don't think so, I really could care less what you think, because even with our record this team has been very enjoyable to watch. Yeah it's painful to loose close games like we have. But hey at least we were close and considering where we came from as a team. I'll take that anyday. All this team is doing is learning how to win. We'll have more close games like that this year, believe me, and guess what we will win them.
    -10-26-2010, 03:24 PM
  • 1980RAMS
    Tough loss
    by 1980RAMS
    Everyone lost in our division and we couldn't capitalize. Very dis heartening. This team has a problem closing games. We could have gained a game on the hawks. But instead we are in the same boat we where yesterday.

3 Games upcoming on the Road...... Scary
    -11-21-2010, 06:33 PM
  • Rambos
    Why do teams take chances against us?
    by Rambos
    Why because they know how explosive we are, that’s why. Whiners kicking an onside kick early in the game with the lead, why because they respect us and have to take chances.

Why did the Giants go for it on forth down at home early, because they respect what we can do, they had to get seven to stay in it.

One other note if Martz made either one of those calls he would be nuts right.
    -10-03-2005, 09:05 AM
  • RamWraith
    Locker Room Qoutes
    by RamWraith
    Thursday, September 30, 2004

QB Marc Bulger

(On preparing for the San Francisco game)
    “I think with them starting out the way they have, and obviously with our record, it’s almost a must-win game. We had two good games last year, overtime here, then they got us pretty good out there. But it’s always a good game between these two organizations, and being a division game, it’s pretty important.”

(On playing at San Francisco)
    “Last week, the way they got beat in Seattle, that’s not indicative of how good of a team they have. Just from watching some of their defense, they move around pretty well, and they have some incredible guys over there. It’s going to be a tough challenge this week.”

(On the Rams’ offensive style)
    “I think everyone would like to see us run the ball more, the players, and I’m sure Coach Martz too. But what I think what he meant was, if the pass is all that is going for us, than that’s what we are going to stick with. Whatever it takes to win, whether we run it every down, or pass it every down, as long as we win that’s all we care about in here. I think that’s the point that he’s trying to convey.”

(On if the team is in panic mode)
    “We are not in a panic. We know there is urgency in the situation we are in. I know how upset the fans get, and how upset everyone gets, but nobody wants to win more than us. The problem with that is if we dwell on the loss Sunday too much, then we won’t be prepared for San Francisco. We know they are getting ready right now, and if we are still worrying about last Sunday, then we will be in for a long game this Sunday. We made our corrections. You hate to say you had to move on, but you have to move on.”

(On if he has a good read on the ***** defense)
    “They do a lot of coverages, and have a lot of different fronts. We played against pretty much all of those guys last year, so personnel-wise, we know them.”

(On if their defense is different now that Jim Mora is not the defensive coordinator)
    “They do a lot of zone blitzing. (Mora) was probably a little more aggressive. That was just his style. They will still dial it up, and we will have to be prepared for a lot of things. Every week, some things you prepare for they don’t do, and some things you didn’t think they would do, they do. So we are just preparing for everything.”

DE Leonard Little

(On the defense not having a turnover)
    “That’s the way it is sometimes. It will turn around for us. We’ll start to get some turnovers and get our offense on the field a little more. We started 1-2 last year and people put us in the same position last year at this time, so we just need to come out and play our game.”

(On if the defense hasn’t been as aggressive as last year)
    “No, we just made some mental mistakes. It’s not like people...
    -09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
  • DJRamFan
    Steve Kragthorpe Press Conference Quotes
    by DJRamFan
    Tulsa plays at UTEP on Saturday for the Conference USA West Division lead

Oct. 31, 2005

Tulsa, Oklahoma - Tulsa travels to El Paso to play the UTEP Miners on Saturday, Nov. 5, in a game that pits the two teams atop the Conference USA West Division with identical 4-1 league records. UTEP has an overall 6-1 record atfer last week's win at Rice, while the Hurricane bring a 5-3 overall mark into the game.

Tulsa fanswill be getting together for another Watch Party for Saturday's Golden Hurricane football game against the Miners. The Fox and Hound at 70th and Garnett and the Side Line Bar and Grill at 59th and South Lewis Avenue will be hosting watch parties.

Game time is 8 pm (CT). The game can be seen locally on KWHB-Channel 47 and on Cox Channel 7.

Below are Coach Kragthorpe's Remarks from his Weekly Press Conference.

Steve Kragthorpe Press Conference Quotes

Opening Statement: "It will be good to get back on the practice field today and to get going. It has been an interesting week, we have never had an open date this late in the season. I thought it was a good time for us to heal up like we talked about last week and put ourselves in the position now to make a run at this thing, with the first one being at UTEP this week against a very good football team. They will be a great challenge for us. They are very explosive on the offensive side of the football and they are playing really solid defense right now. The Rice score is not an indication of the flow; I thought that they pretty much dominated that game although they had a few turnovers that put Rice back into the football game. If you watch that game on film and if you watch it on television, they definitely dominated that football game. Again, they are very explosive, they scored on the first offensive play of the game. They scored on the first four drives of the game. They are very dynamic and explosive on the offensive side of the ball. Again they will be a great challenge for us to go on the road and play in a very hostile environment, great fans. They have a great thing going there at UTEP."

Talk about the your team's success on the road this year: "Well, there is no doubt that there is a challenge to go on the road and I do not see this week being any different. They are going to have a sellout crowd, and they will be very vocal. I have talked to numerous people that have played at UTEP this year and they have said that the crowd can definitely be a factor. But that is the way it is in every road venue for the most part. We played in two challenging environments tht we had the opportunity to compete in, at Oklahoma this year and then at Southern Miss. So again this will be no different. It will be a challenge, it always is to go play on the road, but I think that our guys are excited about the opportunity...
    -10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Working...
X