Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Rams hold on to the ball against the Saints on Monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the Rams hold on to the ball against the Saints on Monday?

With Marshall playing this week, and the way the Rams have held on to the ball recently, no way do the Saints get 8 turnovers. However, they probably will cough the ball up once or twice. The question is, will it be a turnover?

GO RAMS!!
    5 or more (Somehow even Turley gets a recover)
    38.46%
    3-4 (Ha Ha Ha Choo, oops lost it in the lights again)
    7.69%
    1-2 (Rams win by 20, Marshall goes over a 100 yds rushing)
    38.46%
    0 (J. Martin replaces K. Warner to start the 4th, Rams up by 30 :))
    15.38%

turnovers

2 times they fumble it 1 time it goes to the Aints. Faulk will get 125 yards

Comment

1 INT (tipped ball), 1 fumbled by az or trung later in the game, still a blowout.

Comment

Turnover out the lights?

It seems like I've seen a lot of games where "he who turns over first" loses.... especialy if the other teams scores on it-- (remember the niners?)

I'm kinda thinkin' quality not quantity..... couple other things.

The ball in NOT round. Is the "Mojo" curse at work?

Stick around it will be 60 minute game...

Comment

i was mostly right. Two fumbles, but I totally called the AZ one.

Comment

I was one of the ones hoping for J. Martin. lol

Great insight DJ!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
              Round Two: Saints Marching In...Any Chance For Rams?
              by r8rh8rmike
              11.09.2009 1:53 pm
              Saints marching in … any chance for Rams?
              By Roger Hensley

THE WATERCOOLER

QUESTION: If the Rams are to have any chance against the 8-0 New Orleans Saints this weekend, what are the keys to the game plan?

JIM THOMAS
              1. Ball control on offense, the Saints are a modest 19th in run defense.
              2. Takeaways on defense, easier said than done against Drew Brees.
              3. Something special on special teams, be it long returns, blocked kicks, etc.

This is a challenge similar to what the Rams faced against Minnesota and Indianapolis — but New Orleans may be the most high-powered offense of the three.

JEFF GORDON
              If the Rams can consistently throw the ball downfield to balance their offense, maintain time of possession and finish off scoring drives, they can stay in the game. But apparently this is an impossible task for this offense, so the Rams are doomed to a blowout loss. Even if the Saints turn the ball over again and again, they will win this game unless the Rams used their bye week to reinvent their offense.

BRYAN BURWELL
              After seeing Carolina run up and down the field against the Saints, the run-oriented Rams certainly have a chance. If the Rams can stick to a Steven Jackson rushing attack and keep Drew Brees off the field, the home crowd could become a huge factor.

KEVIN WHEELER (Host of “Sports Open Line” on KMOX)
              Call Tonya Harding and ask for some advice on how to “handle” competition? Lock the doors of the Dome just before the Saints arrive and lose the keys?

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Seriously, there is no way this game is competitive. None. The Saints are the highest-scoring team in the league averaging 38 points per game and the Rams are the lowest-scoring team in the league at just over 9 points per game. Heck, the Saints are 59 points better than the next highest-scoring team this season (Minnesota). The Rams have scored a total of 77 points as a point of reference.

But wait, there’s more. The Saints are +129 when points scored are compared to points allowed and the Rams are -144. That’s a 273 point difference between these two teams over eight games. That’s a 34-point-per-game difference in case you were wondering.

There is nothing the Rams can do to be competitive in this game. Nothing legal anyway.
              -11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
            • AvengerRam_old
              Rams need to run Saints out of St. Louis
              by AvengerRam_old
              The Saints have allowed over 170 yards per game on the ground in the first two weeks. The Rams need to take advantage of this weakness and make sure that Faulkson (the Faulk/Jackson two headed attack) gets at least 30 carries. If the Rams can establish the running game, it will take the pressure off Bulger, and give him time to find Holt and Bruce, who should be able to get open against the Saints secondary. It will also keep the defense off, and the Saints still dangerous offense, off the field.

Time to pound it out!
              -09-24-2004, 09:26 AM
            • FirebirdRamsam
              The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
              by FirebirdRamsam
              The good.......there was very little in the saints game.
              The bad.........there was alot!!!
              The Ugly........ditto!!!

I was kind of afraid that the saints were going to pull off a victory. If anyone read my last post which read: Will the saints go marching on. It talks about a possibility of them having our number. For some reason the team plays with added intense due to their coach and team mates being fired up since we have been ex-superbowl winners who have won with bull **** flee flickers and screens and fancy plays. The saints coach seems to think that we are a bunch of crap players with crappy non-football plays.

Truth is, the Rams beat the Rams fair and square!!! We lost the game due to silly penaltys, fumbles, interceptions, costly errors, un-special teams, blown plays and a missed field goal. If we played error free football or at least hanged on to the ball without giving it away with our fumbles and interceptions, we would have won yet as murphy's law plays out so many sundays, it was a game of 'what can go wrong will go wrong' and to think that the Rams are exempt from murphys law is wrong! It was bound to happen and I say good, why?

Well, lets just say that the next time we play the saints on their turf, it will be a different game. We should learn from our mistakes and hopefully on the next meeting, we will be playing with a healthy Faulk, and fumbleless game, a zero interception, a game plan that will have many flee flickers, trick plays so that it will inferiate the saints coach and perhaps a few on side kicks to boot ;-). I think that the Rams have learned a valuable experience of this loss and that if they can bounce back and play with added aggression due to this loss, perhaps this will propel them into the nfc playoffs.

This game against the saints truely was a horror film for the players as well as the fans and we didn't even get to see georgia for her halloween yearly appearance :mask: , darn!!! I believe that we see the saints mid december again. I will hope that we will bring with us a more intense game plan and an error free game in the georgia dome so that it can erase this bad taste that this last game left. And I hope that Martz will remember what the saint's coach said about the Rams and their so called plays so that he can fire up the team to seek revenge. I honestly don't think that the saints coach should be talking smack until he takes his team to the big dance and wins the big one! Rememeber, we walked the walk and can talk the talk since we are a past victorious superbowl team.

We now have a 'bye' week to rest, gather our thoughts and hopefully allow Faulk to return with 100% healed on his knee.
              I predict a victory againt Carolina after the return from the bye week yet I will go out on a limb and predict.......no.....wait........
              I guarantee a victory (IE: Joe Namath/broadway Joe) against the...
              -10-29-2001, 05:45 PM
            • wscramfan
              Sometimes we need to pound the ball!
              by wscramfan
              When is Martz going to realize there are some teams you just have to try to Ram the ball down their throat.... even if you don't succeed. Sure Tampa hasn't done anything this year but c'mon we all know what their defense is capable of and they always play their A game with us. Teams like Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburg, and especially the Saints will always give us trouble because of what their defenses are capable of (putting pressure on Kurt without having to blitz). Is it just me or did anyone else notice the last time we beat the Saints was when Marshall rushed for I think 220 yds. So if we don't even try to run the ball down their ( those teams above) throats even if if doesn't work, I think we will lose everytime.
              -11-27-2001, 03:55 PM
            • eldfan
              Rams prepare for a strong Brees
              by eldfan
              QUESTION: What must the Rams do to slow down Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints this weekend?

JIM THOMAS

Ball control by the Rams’ offense, like the 7 1/2-minute edge in time of possession they had Sunday in Arizona – or more. That’ll help but it won’t be enough given the quick-strike capabilities that the Saints possess. The Rams’ defense needs a big turnover game – maybe three or four or more. And Brees has thrown some INTs (16). And if ever the Rams were going to get a punt or kickoff return for a score, it would come in handy this week. Scoring 19 points won’t beat New Orleans.

JEFF GORDON

One, keep Brees off the field by actually running the football with some consistency and sustaining a ball-control offense. Two, take away the Saints running game – which won’t be easy with Na’il Diggs out for the year and the Rams lacking strong OLB play. Three, generate a consistent pass rush in the base defense to lessen the reliance on the blitz. Brees has seen it all, so the Rams will have to mix up their defenses. They won’t be able to blitz the Saints into submission liked they blitzed the Cardinals into submission.

BRYAN BURWELL

The Rams were able to stay competitive with New Orleans last year by winning time of possession. Barring some genius defensive game plan that will cover up the injuries in the secondary, keeping Brees off the field is the key.

KEVIN WHEELER (Host of “Sports Open Line” on KMOX)

Run the ball effectively all game long. The Saints pose matchup problems for most defenses because of their offensive depth and versatility, not to mention their Pro Bowl quarterback, so the best defense will be a consistent clock-chewing offense.

On that note, it would help if the Rams jumped out to an early lead. If you fall behind the Saints you end up right where they want you, chasing your tail trying to keep up with them in an air-war when you’re outgunned. Staying within one score entering the 3rd and 4th quarters will be key. If you’re down double digits at the half and have to come out throwing, that plays right into Sean Payton’s hands.
              -12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
            Working...
            X