Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason La Canfora Doesn't Think Much Of The Rams In 2016

Here is what he had to say:

The Rams will be an intriguing story now that Stan Kroenke finally got his manifest destiny and has a team he can drive to see from his Malibu estate. But I'd turn to that great prognosticator Clubber Lang as a glimpse into what's ahead for rookie quarterback Jared Goff: Pain.
    I don't love the Rams line and if this kid thought he got abused during that 1-11 season at Cal, he ain't seen nothing yet. Perhaps the Rams have solved their quarterback conundrum in the long term, but in the short term that's still a very weak quarterback room by NFL standards and this defense is still going to have to steal games for them to be better than middling.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -05-11-2016, 03:47 PM.

Well thank you JLC your abilities as a info gatherer and inside info NFL Spy maybe much greater than your skill to assess a pro team or to know what can be accomplished if atheletes trully put their body soul and heart into a thing. He may be right and I think he is not the only person on the planet to see things in this light! Heck even some fans here at this site have such down cast view of our team and O-Line. But I feel with the growth from last season as a group of young players that went through the battles and got through that storm they might just be ready to take the next step and show they are a line to contend with. If they can stay healthy they have a shot at being somethig special. I wonder if JLC and the others of such down cast demeanor would dine on some hefty crow bait if that were to happen? A Feast to put a smile on their muggs that would be fun to see! LOL

Go Rams Goooooo.....
    Last edited by Randart; -05-11-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

La Canfora didn't say anything crazy or out of bounds the way I see it. From what the Rams have shown the past few years it's a fair assessment. Until the Rams actually show that they can win more games than they lose and get to the playoffs the weaker parts of the team will be criticized and rightly so. It's not all rainbows and cotton candy until the Rams prove it, not just talk about it.

Comment

Glad we drafted Sam Bulger. What could possibly go wrong?
        "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

I hear a lot of doom and gloom from La Canfora, but nothing about the fact that the Rams OL allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL in 2015, 18. Tennessee allowed the league high, 54.

Still a lot of questions on the line, and it remains to be seen how well Goff can deal with NFL pressure, but I don't think things are as bad as La Confora makes it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
            I hear a lot of doom and gloom from La Canfora, but nothing about the fact that the Rams OL allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL in 2015, 18. Tennessee allowed the league high, 54.
            The 18 sacks allowed can be misleading. We were the worst team by far on 3rd down so the offense wasn't on the field as much so there were less opportunities to be sacked. Add running the ball more with Gurley, and not being much of a passing team gives you even less opportunities to be sacked. So yes we gave up 18 sacks but we also weren't dropping back throwing the ball all over the field either. Running more, throwing less, not being able to convert 3rd downs all are a big part of the equation of why we gave up 18 sacks.

Comment

The off-the-field drama in the news right now isn't helping anything, either.
              temp_4394_1467243487543_20
              RAMS!

Comment

Originally posted by ramsbruce View Post
                La Canfora didn't say anything crazy or out of bounds the way I see it. From what the Rams have shown the past few years it's a fair assessment. Until the Rams actually show that they can win more games than they lose and get to the playoffs the weaker parts of the team will be criticized and rightly so. It's not all rainbows and cotton candy until the Rams prove it, not just talk about it.

This is how i feel as well. The Rams need to show it on the field. Action speaks louder then words......

Comment

The 18 sacks allowed can be misleading. We were the worst team by far on 3rd down so the offense wasn't on the field as much so there were less opportunities to be sacked. Add running the ball more with Gurley, and not being much of a passing team gives you even less opportunities to be sacked. So yes we gave up 18 sacks but we also weren't dropping back throwing the ball all over the field either. Running more, throwing less, not being able to convert 3rd downs all are a big part of the equation of why we gave up 18 sacks.
                  Sure, there are other factors involved, but a lot of what you mentioned should help Goff. I don't see the Rams becoming a pass heavy offense, and Gurley is obviously still going to be the focus, so it's not like Goff is going to be put in a lot of situations that will result in what La Canfora is predicting.

18 sacks allowed doesn't mean the Rams OL is an effective unit, but it does show they can provide reasonable protection while working in the Rams scheme. For further context, the Rams OL allowed 95 QB hits, which ranked 15th in the NFL. Not great, but not the type of numbers that support La Canfora's hyperbole.

Comment

Sure, there are other factors involved, but a lot of what you mentioned should help Goff. I don't see the Rams becoming a pass heavy offense, and Gurley is obviously still going to be the focus, so it's not like Goff is going to be put in a lot of situations that will result in what La Canfora is predicting.

18 sacks allowed doesn't mean the Rams OL is an effective unit, but it does show they can provide reasonable protection while working in the Rams scheme. For further context, the Rams OL allowed 95 QB hits, which ranked 15th in the NFL. Not great, but not the type of numbers that support La Canfora's hyperbole.
                    I just hope people don't buy into the 18 sacks allowed stat thinking our pass blocking is better than it really is.

Comment

I just hope people don't buy into the 18 sacks allowed stat thinking our pass blocking is better than it really is.
                      I used the 18 sacks to refute the extremes La Canfora was spouting, not to make the case that the Rams OL was a well oiled machine in 2015. It wasn't. Not even close.

Comment

He also forgets to mention that the OROY is fully healthy, has a full off-season of training and getting ready to kill it next year. #GurleyForMVP

Comment

Considering recent events I just can't pass up the great opportunity for a parody.

Alright Jason, you've been on a mission to prove it was a mistake for me to ever believe you, congratulations

You Win

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
                            He also forgets to mention that the OROY is fully healthy, has a full off-season of training and getting ready to kill it next year. #GurleyForMVP
                            That was quite an omission from the equation, wasn't it?

Comment

I used the 18 sacks to refute the extremes La Canfora was spouting, not to make the case that the Rams OL was a well oiled machine in 2015. It wasn't. Not even close.
                              Fair enough, I don't see what LaCanfora said as extreme as you do. He doesn't love the line and with G-Rob committing penalties, Saffold being made of glass, and Barnes being just plain bad I can't say I disagree with him that much. Havenstein played ok especially for a rookie but he has a long way to go.
                              Last edited by ramsbruce; -05-12-2016, 03:45 AM.

Comment