• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Several of them.
    Okay, just checking.

Comment

I think the GSOT uniforms were the best. That bright yellow was always a bit much for me. With HD tv being prevalent I think something a little more subdued would work better on tv. When I see blue and white I think Colts and I can't get past it.

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post

By bitter fans, would you include those that are bitter about using the current uniform colors, or are only those that disagree with you bitter?

I just reviewed the thread to make sure I remembered it correctly, and the bitterness and attitude started when someone responded to someone else that had the audacity to suggest the RAMS stay with the current colors. His post was not bitter, but only pointed to the fact that LA doesn't want the RAMS that were in STL the last 20+ years, but the RAMS from 1994. And if that being the case, why didn't LA just get another team (or a new franchise) use the colors from 1994. Maybe they could have swapped names with that new/different team instead of taking a team they didn't want.

gap
        No one that I'm aware of has said that we want a change of the uniforms because we want to erase the memory of the past twenty years In St Louis. What we've said (repeatedly) is since the Rams are back in LA, they should return to the LA uniforms. How is that a rub against St Louis? BTW, I would good with blue and white as well, but I prefer the yellow and blue. You keep putting words in peoples mouths and you keep interpreting the return of the Rams to LA and an overwhelming request by the fans and former players that they return to LA in the LA Rams colors as a diss on Stl.

Look, St Louis wanted to make the Rams their own by changing the LA uniforms, which they did because Madamn Ram continually dissed LA and went out of her way to say so on many occasions. During her stint as owner, she ignored the Rams past in LA at every turn. She failed to honor or praise former (LA) players and all that they had done in LA and went out of her way to say that winning the Superbowl was a direct result of moving to Missouri and proved her decision was just (which we all know was BS). She didn't need to say that at that moment, but she again went out of her way to snub LA and their fans. She was directly responsible for changing the colors to represent the St Louis Rams, which was her right and we all understood that. We didn't like it, but we accepted it. But now, they are once again the Los Angeles Rams and all that we ask is to return to the Los Angeles Rams uniforms that we ALL love. (and will be wearing on opening day)

Your rant about LA getting a new team is hysterical. Trust me, we would have been more than happy for the Madamn to leave and take the '94 team with her while leaving the name and the colors here. We would GLADLY have accepted a new owner for the Los Angeles Rams. Hell, I would have personally bought her a one-way ticket to Missouri. SO, you'd now be celebrating the 21st year of the St Louis Stallions. Win-win.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

No one that I'm aware of has said that we want a change of the uniforms because we want to erase the memory of the past twenty years In St Louis. What we've said (repeatedly) is since the Rams are back in LA, they should return to the LA uniforms. How is that a rub against St Louis? BTW, I would good with blue and white as well, but I prefer the yellow and blue. You keep putting words in peoples mouths and you keep interpreting the return of the Rams to LA and an overwhelming request by the fans and former players that they return to LA in the LA Rams colors as a diss on Stl.
          Wrong again. I never put words in anyone's mouth. I never said anything about changing colors as dissing STL. Someone else didn't say that either. They made an analogy about buy a car and then totally changing it to look like another car as soon as they 'got it home'. Someone who is pro la got but hurt about that and started the attitude change.

Look, St Louis wanted to make the Rams their own by changing the LA uniforms, which they did because Madamn Ram continually dissed LA and went out of her way to say so on many occasions. During her stint as owner, she ignored the Rams past in LA at every turn. She failed to honor or praise former (LA) players and all that they had done in LA and went out of her way to say that winning the Superbowl was a direct result of moving to Missouri and proved her decision was just (which we all know was BS). She didn't need to say that at that moment, but she again went out of her way to snub LA and their fans. She was directly responsible for changing the colors to represent the St Louis Rams, which was her right and we all understood that. We didn't like it, but we accepted it. But now, they are once again the Los Angeles Rams and all that we ask is to return to the Los Angeles Rams uniforms that we ALL love. (and will be wearing on opening day)
          Also wrong here. This was all Georgia. The STL fans wanted to keep the colors the same as the ones in which they just won the SB. I was at the RAMS event in the Galleria where they announced the new logo and colors, and it was not well received.

Georgia's dissing was more about tagbut and his cronies in the LO that did everything they could to keep football out of STL and prevent her from move the team from a market that REJECTED the team.

Have you ever heard of the Ring of Honor at the Dome? I guess not, as there definitely weren't any LA RAM Greats' names listed there... /SARCASM
          If there was any ignoring, it was the LA players that refused to embrace the STL fans and stayed away from STL like the plague. That was on the players, not Georgia

Again, the SB thing was more of a dig at tagbut and had almost nothing to do with LA.

Those colors are also STL colors, and a large percentage of STL fans wanted those colors back also. And the LA RAMS will have those colors again, after they have followed the rules for changing uniforms. My guess is they will wait until the new stadium is open. Or maybe after a couple years of losing, and the fans are staying away in droves, they change them to reignite the LA passion so they don't open the new stadium to a sea of the visiting team's fans.

Your rant about LA getting a new team is hysterical. Trust me, we would have been more than happy for the Madamn to leave and take the '94 team with her while leaving the name and the colors here. We would GLADLY have accepted a new owner for the Los Angeles Rams. Hell, I would have personally bought her a one-way ticket to Missouri. SO, you'd now be celebrating the 21st year of the St Louis Stallions. Win-win.
          That wasn't my rant, it was someone else's. I just referenced it as a comment that someone else made, which then caused people with bitterness and bad attitudes to change the tone of the thread.

TBH, I really think this is what should have been done, just like what was done with the Browns/Ravens. But the league would have none of that, as they did not want the NFL in STL, and they shoe-horned a good team into a bad city that still has not supported the NFL the way STL did.

gap

Comment

And if that being the case, why didn't LA just get another team (or a new franchise) use the colors from 1994. Maybe they could have swapped names with that new/different team instead of taking a team they didn't want.
            Come on Gap really.... the team they did not want. We wanted them but some other city officials bought the owner off plain and simple.

I came across this old article when the Rams left. Until I read it I never knew the length that the politicians went to, to lure the team away in the first place. I don't want to rehash it, it's over now. But looking back St Louis gave Georgia a ton! I never knew St Louis paid off the construction cost of Anaheim Stadium. The one thing that has always bothered me is it seems like St Louis fans have suffered from short term memory loss. I don't blame the fans in St Louis for the Rams leaving LA. But I do wonder how they can't see irony of the Rams moving back to LA. It's kind of like what comes around goes around.

Look what the politician gave up... the fans in St Louis did not ask them to do but yet they had to know they did it.

Rams Set To Announce St. Louis Move Today

Daily News Wire Services

Posted: January 17, 1995

Nearly one-half century after paving the way for professional sports franchises in Los Angeles, the Rams are ready to take the money and run . . . all the way to Missouri.
            Officials in football-starved St. Louis have called a news conference for this afternoon to announce they have signed a deal that would reward the Rams, one of the losingest NFL teams in the '90s, with one of the most lucrative lease arrangements in sports.
            Rams owner Georgia Frontiere and club president John Shaw arrived in St. Louis Sunday night, met with members of the St. Louis negotiating team yesterday, and are expected to be in attendance for today's long-anticipated announcement.

The next step for the Rams is seeking the approval of the move from other NFL owners at a vote likely to be called at the league meetings in mid-March.
            Among the perks St. Louis has offered to lure the Rams away:
            * A publicly financed, $260 million domed stadium scheduled to be completed in late October, for which the Rams will pay the modest lease of $250,000 per year.
            * A guaranteed sale of 85 percent of the stadium's luxury boxes and club seats, which could provide the Rams with $10 million in annual revenue, regardless of the quality of the product they put on the field.
            * A payoff of the $30 million to cover the Rams' outstanding bond debts for improvements made on Anaheim Stadium when the team moved there in 1980, a requirement under team's lease with Anaheim.
            FANS Inc., the group formed by St. Louis politicians to lure an NFL team to their city, has assured the Rams they would be able to play exhibition games and a small portion of their regular-season schedule in Busch Stadium while construction of the new stadium is completed.
            Tomorrow, FANS Inc. officials plan to launch a sales campaign for their personal seat licensing program, the plan they hope to use to raise approximately $60 million to cover the Rams' moving costs. The program calls for fans to pay a onetime fee of anywhere from $250 to $4,500 for the right to
            purchase season tickets.
            The Rams have reportedly asked FANS Inc. to sell at least 40,000 personal- seat licenses before the March NFL owners meetings, and have a right to rescind the deal with St. Louis if that goal isn't met.
            In anticipation of the announcement, the demand for Rams memorabilia in St. Louis is high.
            "I'm on pins and needles," said Gail Gargac, owner of Picturesque Graphics, whose company has been bombarded with orders for Rams T-shirts. ''But we can't do anything until after the official announcement is made."
            In an interview over the weekend with the Los Angeles Times, Frontiere, who was born in St. Louis, tried to convey the impression she and her organization have been the victims of a lack of fan support in Anaheim.
            "I was extremely worried about our financial situation," she said. "I wasn't selling my house, but we borrowed to our limit to try and keep the team alive and keep it in Anaheim. We've gone as far as we can go. I don't think if we had gone to the Super Bowl it would have made a difference. What could I do?"
            Members of the Save the Rams task force, a group of business and political leaders trying to keep the Rams in Orange County, argue that Frontiere could have done plenty, starting with a better effort to embrace the community the Rams have called home since 1980.
            "The Rams, with the attitude and the way they've operated in Southern California, are not going to be successful in Anaheim," said Jack Lindquist, retired Disneyland president and an active member of Save the Rams. "They're not going to be successful in St. Louis, or anywhere else."
            Another prominent member, Wayne Wedin, said Save the Rams representatives will be in contact with the NFL office in upcoming weeks to request an opportunity to present their case to league owners, and enlist the aid of elected officials.
            Preceding the move, the Rams hired Steve Ortmayer as vice president of football operations. Ortmayer, 50, has served in football operations and as the special teams coach for the Los Angeles Raiders since 1990. He has been involved in the NFL for 20 years in coaching, scouting, drafting and administrative positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambos View Post

Come on Gap really.... the team they did not want. We wanted them but some other city officials bought the owner off plain and simple.

I came across this old article when the Rams left. Until I read it I never knew the length that the politicians went to, to lure the team away in the first place. I don't want to rehash it, it's over now. But looking back St Louis gave Georgia a ton! I never knew St Louis paid off the construction cost of Anaheim Stadium. The one thing that has always bothered me is it seems like St Louis fans have suffered from short term memory loss. I don't blame the fans in St Louis for the Rams leaving LA. But I do wonder how they can't see irony of the Rams moving back to LA. It's kind of like what comes around goes around.

Look what the politician gave up... the fans in St Louis did not ask them to do but yet they had to know they did it.

Good find. It definitely can be said that Daryl and Daryl must have been a part of the STL commission that signed that agreement. Talk about stupid.

gap

Comment

So... we all agree that they should go back to the royal blue and yellow scheme, right?

Comment

Originally posted by RamFanEsq View Post
                  So... we all agree that they should go back to the royal blue and yellow scheme, right?
                  LOL. Yes. Yes we do.

Comment

Just listened to an interview from a few days ago with Kevin Demoff on the Mason & Ireland radio show, and the topic of uniforms was front and center. Demoff said he knows the fans frustrations, but once again said NFL rules prohibit making any changes to the current uniform. He reiterated that the blue and yellow throwbacks will be worn twice at home, and added that for 2019, the uniform will be completely redesigned, keeping the horns, keeping some elements, tweaking the colors, and making them look more modern. He then made some very interesting comments, saying they "get it" that Rams fans don't like the "navy look", and that the team is "looking at other ways with the NFL to kind of tweak where we are now, to consider some different options and really bring, you know, get away from the navy uniforms the way our fans would like", whatever that means. I'm not sure how you do that without being able to make any uniform changes, but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                      Just listened to an interview from a few days ago with Kevin Demoff on the Mason & Ireland radio show, and the topic of uniforms was front and center. Demoff said he knows the fans frustrations, but once again said NFL rules prohibit making any changes to the current uniform. He reiterated that the blue and yellow throwbacks will be worn twice at home, and added that for 2019, the uniform will be completely redesigned, keeping the horns, keeping some elements, tweaking the colors, and making them look more modern. He then made some very interesting comments, saying they "get it" that Rams fans don't like the "navy look", and that the team is "looking at other ways with the NFL to kind of tweak where we are now, to consider some different options and really bring, you know, get away from the navy uniforms the way our fans would like", whatever that means. I'm not sure how you do that without being able to make any uniform changes, but I guess we'll see.
                      I firmly believe that the Rams will continue to wear the Navy blue and ugly gold unis up through training camp and probably pre season. However,when they roll out of the tunnel for game 1 in LA they will "surprise" the fans with the "throwbacks" and wear them throughout the season at home. It's perfect for TV. The Rams know it, the NFL knows it. The fans will get what they want. Game 1 in LA will be "show time" and the TV stations, the NFL, and the Rams will not screw it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RamFanEsq View Post
                        Yes, once the registration and year delay that the rules require are met. As much as I like them better, we have to follow rules or we will earn the cheatriot banner.

gap

Comment

How about various versions of the 'away' uniform when not wearing the throwbacks? That is my preferred uniform in the current colors.

gap

Comment

How about various versions of the 'away' uniform when not wearing the throwbacks?
                            Who knows what they're trying to do. or will be able to do, but the fact that Demoff is discussing working with the NFL on "tweaking" what they have "now", sure makes it sound like something is in the works.

Comment

Who knows what they're trying to do. or will be able to do, but the fact that Demoff is discussing working with the NFL on "tweaking" what they have "now", sure makes it sound like something is in the works.

Exactly. At first it was "we're bound by the NFL because the rules say we can't "change" uniforms for two years." Now, they're "working something with the NFL." Working something with the NFL? Gee, I wonder what that could be? The Rams will not be breaking or violating ANY rules if they wear the throwbacks at every home game. It is not a new uniform. It is already being worn for two games a year. Besides, circumstances this year are a little "different" with the relocation back to LA and the NFL will recognize that and market that. The NFL has that uniform rule to prevent the crap that's going on in the college ranks, with teams like Oregon. The NFL wants to see the design, approve the design, market the design and make money on the design.

What Rams uniform is making money (finally), for the Rams and the NFL right now?

You have ONE guess, and I'll give you a hint.

...it isn't navy blue and Georgia gold.

Comment

Yes, once the registration and year delay that the rules require are met. As much as I like them better, we have to follow rules or we will earn the cheatriot banner.

gap
                                So you're saying that asking for and getting the approval to wear a "throwback" uni all year instead of just two games is the same as filming opposing teams practices and deflating balls for a decisive on the field advantage?

..really?

Comment