Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The St Louis Rams will be an after thought and it will only be because the great years, when Warner, Bruce, Holt and Marshal took them to the show. Other then that it will be over. When I think back on the Colts move or the Browns move I can't recall the order it all went down anymore, I just see the Browns, Ravens and Colts not the all the cities they moved from and the timeline.

The Los Angeles Rams are back in LA and that is a fact of life. They will wear the gear that the LA fans want because the LA are the ones that have to support the team and buy the gear.
    .....so all you Missouri based fans can go self-fornicate!

I mean, you do understand, that's what it sounds like to those of us tied to Missouri, right? I'm not saying that's your intent (though, if we are to be honest, for some it is), but that is how it comes off to us.

We want to be a part of this. We want to at least feel like the team that physically left us did not spiritually (for lack of better word) leave us. But that's difficult when they take parting shots along the way. And even worse, when fans do the same. Let's stop pretending this doesn't exist. There are fans here, who have maintained a "Los Angeles Rams" avatar or profile since the beginning of time. Many would never even accept or dare to utter the phrase "St. Louis Rams". And now they're ready to get back to better days. Before '95. Before the Navy/Gold uniforms. Before St. Louis. And before all the St. Louis fans.

We're also tired of this discussion. It's ridiculous. The ill-intended LA fans are getting exactly what they want. They are pushing away a lot of St. Louis fans. I have always hoped this site would be free of that, but...

No need to pull us along. We're more than happy to come along on our own. We're simply asking to stop being pushed away.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post

I mean, you do understand, that's what it sounds like to those of us tied to Missouri, right? I'm not saying that's your intent (though, if we are to be honest, for some it is), but that is how it comes off to us.

We want to be a part of this. We want to at least feel like the team that physically left us did not spiritually (for lack of better word) leave us. But that's difficult when they take parting shots along the way. And even worse, when fans do the same. Let's stop pretending this doesn't exist. There are fans here, who have maintained a "Los Angeles Rams" avatar or profile since the beginning of time. Many would never even accept or dare to utter the phrase "St. Louis Rams". And now they're ready to get back to better days. Before '95. Before the Navy/Gold uniforms. Before St. Louis. And before all the St. Louis fans.

We're also tired of this discussion. It's ridiculous. The ill-intended LA fans are getting exactly what they want. They are pushing away a lot of St. Louis fans. I have always hoped this site would be free of that, but...

No need to pull us along. We're more than happy to come along on our own. We're simply asking to stop being pushed away.
      When the Rams moved to St Louis I had to make a choice, stay a Rams fan or find another team. Accept the fact they are now in St Louis and are the St Louis Rams. I made my choice and continued to support the team 100%. I was all in... The day the St Louis Rams won the SB it did not matter to me they played in St Louis. The fact Georiga stood on the podium and slams LA saying by winning the SB she was right to move the team did take some of the joy out of it, I was not going to let that kill the way I felt.

As far as how it sounds, I had no intend to say that. The split on this board has had a huge affect on all three sides, those in St Louis, LA and those that live outside of those markets. At some point we all have rally around the LA Rams on this site. If in the end we don't, it won't be much fun to come and debate Rams football. I sought out this site to be around Ram fans period. Most where in St Louis because that's where they played. If coming to this site is a constant back and forth between LA and St Louis then it might be time to find another site. I'm willing to wait it out and see if the site can get past the move... I don't want to push anyone from this site DEZ has done a great job running it over the years.

I'll do my part and stop participating in any post that do not revolve around football.

Off Topic.....

Comment

I think I lost the will to live after reading through this thread ...............................................................................

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez View Post
          I think I lost the will to live after reading through this thread ...............................................................................
          Feeling a bit blue, are you?

Would that be royal blue or navy blue?

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez View Post
            Are you kidding, this is great stuff! Lol, everybody is still working this all out. I posted before that the move changed my whole life, and I think there are many others who either live in Missouri or California that could say the same thing.

I would suggest some ideas to mend the wounds, if any:

Dont slam each others cities.
            Dont take every comment as a slam to your city.
            Dont read insults where there aren't any.
            Respect the fact that St. Louis fans are devastated.
            Respect the fact LA Fans are overjoyed.
            Respect the history of The St. Louis Rams (Super Bowl and the fans stuck with them till the end).
            Respect the history of the LA Rams (49 years, 1951 championship, Fearsome Foursome)
            Respect each other.
            "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Excellent post MoonJoe. Great timing too.

Comment

Los Angeles Rams' 1972 Season Highlights

To add something else to our forum I was going to place this video in the "Unless we get some Real Rams news soon..." thread but since these 1972 highlights depict the last year the Rams donned their royal blue / victory white uniforms -- see at 25:45 -- this is probably a good place too. Alas, it turned out to be our first losing season (6-7-1) since 1965.

It was perhaps the last gasp the Rams had from their very strong and successful era of the mid to late 60s. Key players were half-dysfunctional due to injury (Gabriel et al [Roman was NFL MVP in '69 with the Rams but had a damaged shoulder / arm in '72; he then joined the Eagles in '73 where he won the Comeback Player of the Year]), other great veterans followed HC George Allen (Coach of the Year in '67, never a losing season in the NFL); to D.C. in 1971 (e.g., Larry Smith, RB; Diron Talbert, DE; Deacon Jones, DE; Jack Pardee, LB; Maxie Baughan, LB, etc.).

Still, in 1972 the Rams were solid with talent as a new generation of players were developing: RB Jim Bertelsen ('72), DT Larry Brooks ('72), DB Dave Elmendorf ('71), LB Ken Geddes ('71), DT Phil Olsen ('71 -- Merlin's brother, side by side DTs), LB Jack Reynolds ('70), LB Isiah Robertson ('71), OL Rich Saul ('70), DE Jack Youngblood ('71), complimenting the stable of established and/or old veterans such as DE Fred Dryer who came to the Rams that year, 1972, from the Giants.

Fast forward to 00:40 to begin. Hope you enjoy the video (while it lasts). Complaints? Talk to this man, Rams All-Pro / Pro Bowler...

Last edited by RealRam; -07-01-2016, 06:17 PM. Reason: Fast forward to 00:40 to start.

Comment

Originally posted by HUbison View Post

Well said.

What I don't understand is that some California-area fans seem to forget that the vast majority of Rams fans are NOT in California. In fact, if you were to compare the numbers, it would look REALLY bad for LA. That's not starting crap, it's a FACT. Rams fans come from everywhere around the world. If you want a local team, I hear the LA KISS needs fans.

We are Rams fans, and we should all stand together. If you're a Rams fan, great. If you're a fan of a city, why pretend that football is important?

So, here's the facts.

The Rams say no uniform change until 2019.
                  More people dislike the old blue and yellow than I though possible - it's just slightly more popular than a turd in the punch bowl.
                  Many LA fans like to childishly taunt other Rams fans - and that really needs to end. If it's still happening, you might want to find a professional to discuss it with.

...and the worst fact of all, it sounds like Dez is ready to lose his Haggis.

So, we can pretty much agree that the Louis Vuitton designed Rams uniforms are a bad idea, Pink and Green are Seattle colors, and Texas style Mexican food is a hell of a lot better than California style Mexican tofu-based "Fru Fru cuisine".

I am glad that is finally settled.
                  temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                  RAMS!

Comment

What I don't understand is that some California-area fans seem to forget that the vast majority of Rams fans are NOT in California. In fact, if you were to compare the numbers, it would look REALLY bad for LA. That's not starting crap, it's a FACT. Rams fans come from everywhere around the world. If you want a local team, I hear the LA KISS needs fans.
                    This could be said for any team in any sport, really. Los Angeles is a BIG city, with a ton of Rams fans. However, the WORLD is a much bigger place, and the shear numbers say there are a ton more outside LA. BTW, thanks for the suggestion about getting a local football team, but we already have a team. They're called; "The Los Angeles Rams" ..something St Louis will never have again...

We are Rams fans, and we should all stand together. If you're a Rams fan, great. If you're a fan of a city, why pretend that football is important?
                    We are all football fans in here, that's pretty obvious. The only reason the city gets any attention when talking about a particular team is when it's in YOUR city. I get it that fans of the Rams that live in (for example) Portland Oregon don't care if the Rams are in LA or STL. But I guarantee that if the Rams moved to Portland, they'd care, and talk about it. People in LA are proud to live in LA, and proud that we have the sports teams that we do. I guess STL doesn't have the same pride.

So, here's the facts.
                    Rather, anything but the facts.

The Rams say no uniform change until 2019.
                    Actually, not a fact. The Rams initially said that, but are now in talks to deviate from current uni's in some way.

More people dislike the old blue and yellow than I though possible - it's just slightly more popular than a turd in the punch bowl.
                    Again, not fact, just your opinion. When the Rams open up in the LA Coliseum next month, see how many fans are wearing the yellow and blue colors. Look at jersey sales and tell me what is selling right now. Maybe in Podunk Missouri, but in California the blue and yellow, and blue and white far outsell the current colors, probably 10 to 1.

Many LA fans like to childishly taunt other Rams fans - and that really needs to end. If it's still happening, you might want to find a professional to discuss it with.
                    ...like you did here? Your post was the usual gibberish and was nothing more than a weak attempt to hate on LA.

So, we can pretty much agree that the Louis Vuitton designed Rams uniforms are a bad idea, Pink and Green are Seattle colors, and Texas style Mexican food is a hell of a lot better than California style Mexican tofu-based "Fru Fru cuisine".
                    Again, another weak attempt to do nothing but hate on LA and California. ...and a very weak attempt at that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

• It's too bad things had to devolve to this type of derisive discussion. The topic was ex-Rams wanting what most fans in LA want, the classic blue and yellow uniforms that were worn by the team from 1973 through 1994 in LA. Now that the team is back in LA, it's only natural that fans would want to return to the classic blue and yellow. It's that simple. No agenda's to trash Rams history, no agenda's to demean St. Louis or the fans in St. Louis, just a desire to see the team wear the design that was originated in, and emblematic of LA, where they now call home again. IMO, that is completely reasonable. Others disagree and see some kind of malicious intent, which is unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8rh8rmike View Post

It's too bad things had to devolve to this type of derisive discussion. The topic was ex-Rams wanting what most fans in LA want, the classic blue and yellow uniforms that were worn by the team from 1973 through 1994 in LA. Now that the team is back in LA, it's only natural that fans would want to return to the classic blue and yellow. It's that simple. No agenda's to trash Rams history, no agenda's to demean St. Louis or the fans in St. Louis, just a desire to see the team wear the design that was originated in, and emblematic of LA, where they now call home again. IMO, that is completely reasonable. Others disagree and see some kind of malicious intent, which is unfortunate.

Well said Mike. It's that simple. Totally agree.

As a sequel to post #97, below is a highlights reel of the 1973 Rams. A year of transition. A new era. New HC Chuck Knox -- his first job at the helm of an NFL team ["When Opportunity Knox..."] -- won the NFL Coach of the Year award in '73. We had a new starting QB in John Hadl; it was Dick Vermeil's second stint with the Rams. DE Fred Dryer set an NFL record in '73 by recording two safeties in one game which still stands to this day.

New hopes, new uniform, and a new, successful / winning 12-2 season.

There were two six-game winning streaks in '73 and it was the 3rd consecutive year that the Rams swept the Friskie whiners, always a nice bonus.

But again, as you said...

Now that the team is back in LA, it's only natural that fans would want to return to the classic blue and yellow. It's that simple.

Fast forward to :30.

Last edited by RealRam; -07-01-2016, 06:51 PM. Reason: Format

Comment

• Originally posted by RealRam View Post

Well said Mike. It's that simple. Totally agree.

As a sequel to post #97, below is a highlights reel of the 1973 Rams. A year of transition. A new era. New HC Chuck Knox -- his first job at the helm of an NFL team ["When Opportunity Knox..."] -- won the NFL Coach of the Year award in '73. We had a new starting QB in John Hadl; it was Dick Vermeil's second stint with the Rams. DE Fred Dryer set an NFL record in '73 by recording two safeties in one game which still stands to this day.

New hopes, new uniform, and a new, successful / winning 12-2 season.

There were two six-game winning streaks in '73 and it was the 3rd consecutive year that the Rams swept the Friskie whiners, always a nice bonus.

But again, as you said...

Now that the team is back in LA, it's only natural that fans would want to return to the classic blue and yellow. It's that simple.

Fast forward to :30.

Thanks for the videos RealRam. Brings back some great memories....

Every time I watch these games in the coliseum, I get so jacked up knowing that in about 6-7 weeks I'll be there, sitting in my season seats with 80,000 other crazed Rams fans.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4324_1458960283388_621[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

Again, not fact, just your opinion. When the Rams open up in the LA Coliseum next month, see how many fans are wearing the yellow and blue colors. Look at jersey sales and tell me what is selling right now. Maybe in Podunk Missouri, but in California the blue and yellow, and blue and white far outsell the current colors, probably 10 to 1.
                            Actually, those are the popular colors IN LOS ANGELES.

LA isn't the entire world. If you read this entire thread, you can find people who don't like that blue and yellow - and just because SOME people in LA prefer that color, that doesn't mean ALL fans prefer that color.

...like you did here? Your post was the usual gibberish and was nothing more than a weak attempt to hate on LA.
                            You mean like you did on St. Louis - not once, but MANY times?
                            .something St Louis will never have again...
                            People in LA are proud to live in LA, and proud that we have the sports teams that we do. I guess STL doesn't have the same pride.
                            The topic was ex-Rams wanting what most fans in LA want, the classic blue and yellow uniforms that were worn by the team from 1973 through 1994 in LA. Now that the team is back in LA, it's only natural that fans would want to return to the classic blue and yellow. It's that simple. No agenda's to trash Rams history, no agenda's to demean St. Louis or the fans in St. Louis, just a desire to see the team wear the design that was originated in, and emblematic of LA, where they now call home again.
                            Maybe in Podunk Missouri, but in California the blue and yellow, and blue and white far outsell the current colors, probably 10 to 1.
                            Yeah. Pot, meet kettle. I guess you don't see ANY hate to Missouri - or for that matter ANYWHERE outside of LA?

Perhaps you should travel more. It seems like you believe that LA makes up the entire world.

Again, another weak attempt to do nothing but hate on LA and California. ...and a very weak attempt at that.
                            Uh huh.

Whatever.
                            If you must know, I had eaten at what someone advertised as a "Mexican Restaurant". The menu had such "traditional" items as "vegan tostadas", "bean curd and tofu burritos", and some sort of fried thing with sprigs of parsley that looks like it was almost enough for a mouse to eat - oh, it was beautifully designed by an artist - but an enchilada isn't supposed to be fried - or tiny - or look like a modern art sculpture - and I have no idea what that reddish cube was supposed to be. I asked what kind of "Mexican" food they were serving - and the server told me that they had recently moved here from LA, and this was "common" LA style.

Give me a good Texas style barbacoa taco ANY day.

Now, I though we were all past the "LA is Great" - "St. Louis is Greater" crap.

Like I said earlier, we are ALL Rams fans - so I don't understand the need to gloat in every single post. We get it - you feel happy to see the Rams back in LA. Well, I pooped today. Should I post something about that in EVERY SINGLE POST?
                            Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-02-2016, 07:15 AM.
                            temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                            RAMS!

Comment

• Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post

Well, I pooped today. Should I post something about that in EVERY SINGLE POST?
                              No, that's what Facebook is for. Can we just get back to Rams football.

Comment

• Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post

Actually, those are the popular colors IN LOS ANGELES.

LA isn't the entire world. If you read this entire thread, you can find people who don't like that blue and yellow - and just because SOME people in LA prefer that color, that doesn't mean ALL fans prefer that color.
                                I have never even been to California, much less than Los Angeles, but I prefer the Blue and Yellow because I like the scheme, and because of the warm memories of the Rams teams that wore those colors, up to and including the Super Bowl Champions. Besides hating the Cowboys I never cared for Georgia Frontiere, who fixed the one thing that wasn't broken.

There's a time to change uniforms, a new team name (Browns/Ravens, Oilers/Titans), or to shake things up when things aren't going well or the team is in a rut (Broncos), when a uniform is considered "bad luck" (Cowboy away blues) or when the uniform itself has a reputation for being dorky (Pats helmet).

The Rams present uniform came at the wrong time and for the wrong reason.

I'd be happy with Blue and Yellow or Blue and White.

Comment