No announcement yet.

D’Marco Farr is leaving he will pursue an opportunity with the Los Angeles Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D’Marco Farr is leaving he will pursue an opportunity with the Los Angeles Rams

D’Marco Farr Announces He’s Leaving 101ESPN

Posted by: Chris Files in National Football League August 4, 2016

101ESPN’s D’Marco Farr is leaving the station. He will pursue an opportunity with the Los Angeles Rams’ broadcast team.
    Farr made the announcement during Thursday’s edition of The Fast Lane. The former Rams tackle has been with 101ESPN since the station launched in 2009. A search for his replacement is underway.
    Farr had been with 101ESPN since its 2009 launch.

D’Marco’s Initial On-Air Comments:
    “I guess we can start by just leveling with people that don’t know. I haven’t been in St. Louis for the better part of two months. The guys can tell you how it happened. We were at Ballpark Village on a Friday and on Monday I was in California.”
    “Life at 45 is completely different than it was 30 years ago. Your responsibilities just get different as you get older…My wife and I, there’s been a lot of sickness in our family (who need taken care off) and it’s falling on us to do.”
    “The guys from 101, John (Kijowski) and (Chris ‘Hoss’ Neupert) were kind enough to let me do the show from Los Angeles for the last two months…It’s just tough through this (audio) connection to keep The Fast Lane going. So to be fair and to be short-winded, I think this might be the last show with me on it.”
    “Life has taken us here. It’s a horrible decision to make, but it’s something we have to do. So I hope that was living up to the hype that was going on over the last hour of a big announcement. It’s huge to me. I hope you guys feel the same way I do. This is really freaking tough and I’m trying to keep it together.”
    “I’ve been teammates with Randy and (Mike) Ryder more than I was with Isaac Bruce. It doesn’t suck going to work every day so this was not an easy choice for me.”
    On What His Future Holds:
    “There’s going to be an announcement made about me staying on and doing Sundays and continuing to educate myself on professional football, being on the Rams broadcast team. I know that comes with a lot of emotion, but just let me throw this out there before you make your choice on how to feel about it…”
    “Even if the Rams had remained the St. Louis Rams now and forever, I would still be (in Los Angeles). This is just where my life has taken me right now. So this had nothing to do with the other, but an opportunity came up. It happened.”
    “I’m able to go from one thing to the next and do what we came out here to do which is take care of our family. That’s what the future holds.”
    On Missing St. Louis:
    “All three of my kids were born (in St. Louis). That’s never going to change. I wish I could move everybody I love out there, but that’s just not the case.”
    “This is all I’ve done my entire life so being able to stay on Sunday and going to, watching, being around professional football…Continuing that is exciting.”

I think he's a step too slow at his age to help much on the line.

Comment

You have to do for family. Hopefully it all works out for him and his.
      The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

Someone told me he used to be on the broadcast team for a Los Angeles station years ago.

I wish him luck in LA.
        temp_4394_1467243487543_20
        RAMS!

Comment

Great to have D'Marco with the Rams up in the booth! The guy is just a Ram at heart got to love that no matter what city they are in. Also nice his family obligations put him here! Well done Mr. Farr!

Comment

Some other media news.

Alden Gonzalez
            @Alden_Gonzalez

Folks, this is my last week on the Angels for MLB. Come Aug. 15, I'll be transitioning to the NFL, covering the LA Rams for ESPN.
            5:14 PM - 3 Aug 2016
            Looks like radio will be Andrew Siciliano and Farr.
            Steve Savard was great tough act to follow.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• r8rh8rmike
              For thousands of Rams fans, Sunday 'meant everything'
              by r8rh8rmike
              For thousands of Rams fans, Sunday 'meant everything'

6:42 AM PT
              Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Eric Geller thought he was the only Rams fan left in Los Angeles. This was 2009, 15 years after their relocation to St. Louis. Geller was on Facebook one day when he stumbled upon a page entitled "Bring Back theLos Angeles Rams," a group that would swell to more than 70,000. He became its 61st member, never really believing his beloved Rams would return until they finally did.

Through the group, Geller connected with a segment of Rams fans he didn't know existed. He uncovered boxes of memorabilia, most of which he had kept away in storage, and began to feel the city's angst for an NFL team. Sunday's game at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, which was attended by more than 91,000 and featured a 9-3 win in the Rams' first meaningful contest at their old stomping grounds, "meant everything," Geller said.

"It was like they were on a 20-year road trip, and now they're home. Everything was right with the world."

Patrick Robles, a 56-year-old who lives in San Diego, attended the Rams' last game from Los Angeles, in Christmas Eve of 1994, and said it "felt like a funeral." Chris Comeau, a 40-year-old residing in Glendale, was among a crowd of 5,000 or so at Cal State Fullerton when the trucks drove away shortly thereafter. It was like breaking up with a girlfriend.

"Maybe if I beg and plead a little bit more, they'll stay," Comeau thought. "Really, though, I guess it was kind of my way of saying goodbye."

Robles and Comeau are among a large group of Rams fans who felt an emptiness, a void, when then-owner Georgia Frontiere grew frustrated by an inability to secure a new stadium and moved the Rams to St. Louis in 1995.

Geller's father designed clothes for Frontiere's ex-husband, Carroll Rosenbloom, whom she inherited the franchise from in the first place. Over the years, Geller built a stunning collection of L.A. Rams memorabilia, including autographed helmets, season-ticket packages, programs, T-shirts and newspaper clippings. It was his way of keeping his father's memory alive. And when the Rams left, Geller said it "felt like a family member left me."

John Ufano, a 45-year-old from San Fernando, has a similar story.

Ufano began to love the Rams in 1980, when he saw how distraught his father became over their Super Bowl XIV loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. For the next two years, he and his father were in this together. But then his father died, without ever being able to take him to a football game. On Sunday, Ufano took his 15-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son to the see the Rams play at the Coliseum and felt as if his father were with him.

"He would’ve enjoyed it," Ufano said. "He would’ve enjoyed the fact that I’m carrying...
              -09-23-2016, 11:28 AM
            • MauiRam
              Coty Sensabaugh appears on SportsCenter, sends a message to Rams fans
              by MauiRam

By: Jake Elenbogen

The Los Angeles Rams signed former Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh this offseason, and since he has been creating a fair amount of buzz. First, he was thoughtful enough to actually use his honeymoon as a time to donate shoes to the needy. Now he’s recently appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter with a message for the fans.

It hasn’t taken long for Sensabaugh to become a household name for Rams fans. Even though this is his first season with the team, he’s still doing his part in trying to develop a strong fan base in Los Angeles.

Sensabaugh was invited to Sportscenter Face to Face segment with Hannah Storm, where he had the following to say about his arrival in L.A.:

“You know when I was going through free agency, for some reason or another I never expected to be a part of the Rams. I remember when the owners’ meetings were going on and they announced the Rams were moving to L.A., and I was like man that has to be tough for those guys, moving cross-country from St. Louis to L.A.”

Sensabaugh is now definitely enjoying the sunny skies and sandy beaches of Los Angeles though, and that is probably one of the main reasons he signed with the Rams. He had this to say on the aftermath of the Rams big move:

“So a couple months later I ended up signing with the L.A. Rams and I was one of those guys picking up everything with my wife and moving. It’s been very hectic, but it’s been a blessing. I got to participate in a draft day party at L.A. Live. It was crazy, I can’t give you an estimate of how many people were there, but the streets were flooded and there was just so much love and energy. You can tell they are happy to have us back and we are going to give the city something to be proud of”

The special part of this, is the fact that the Los Angeles fans had been going to rallies, petitioning and trying to do their part to bring their team back. This is a testament to all the hard work that the fans really put in to show the NFL and the Rams organization that they really care about the franchise.

The 27-year old cornerback was then asked if he sensed pressure to put a winning team on the field.

“I feel just as competitive, the Rams have been really close, following from afar the past couple of years. Now being inside the building, we’re right there. You know, like I said, we are going to give the city of L.A. something to be proud of. We will put a great product on the field and I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

Sensabaugh is endorsing his team to do big things this year....
              -07-17-2016, 12:24 PM
            • RamWraith
              St. Louis’ Rams still doesn’t sound right
              by RamWraith
              JOHN MCGRATH; THE NEWS TRIBUNE
              Last updated: January 7th, 2005 02:40 AM

It’s been almost 10 years since the Los Angeles Rams moved to St. Louis, and yet I still call them the Los Angeles Rams.
              I’m not absent-minded about this, and I don’t do it all the time. For instance, I was talking to somebody about the Rams on Thursday and an entire minute went by before I said “Los Angeles” when I meant to say “St. Louis.”

By contrast, I can have a conversation about the Memphis Grizzlies and never refer to them as the Vancouver Grizzlies. Not that I’ve ever had a conversation about the Memphis Grizzlies, but you get the idea.

A Vancouver team relocates to Memphis, so what? But the Los Angeles Rams jump to St. Louis, and 10 years later I’m still trying to connect the dots.

Maybe it’s the helmets. I see that distinctive animal-horn logo and think of the most menacing defensive line ever assembled, The Fearsome Foursome. (Official career sacks registered by Deacon Jones, Rosey Grier, Lamar Lundy and Merlin Olsen? Zero. The league didn’t recognize sacks during the heyday of the Fearsome Foursome, which is why the stat is as historically significant as Tom Arnold’s Five Favorite Football Movies.)

I think, too, of linebacker Jack “Hacksaw” Reynolds, and defensive-end-turned-actor Fred Dryer (the first pro athlete I interviewed who had a tattoo), and Roman Gabriel, who played quarterback for the Rams in the first NFL game I saw in person.

When you’re a kid and you hear the public-address announcer say “Roman Gabriel,” you envision somebody who talks like Charlton Heston and descended from Mount Sinai. I later found out that Roman Gabriel is a North Carolina State product who talks like he just got off the train from Mount Pilot.

Gabriel, in any case, was not the last Roman associated with the Rams. Linebacker Roman Phifer played eight years with the Los, er, St. Louis Rams. If Gabriel and Phifer ever meet at a Rams’ alumni reunion, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue ought to send a best-wishes note to the two of them: A letter from Paul to the Romans.

Speaking of ancient empires, team owner Georgia Frontiere probably had a logical reason to abandon the second-largest market in the U.S. for the second-largest city in Missouri – money, ya think? – but just because the NFL approved the 1995 transfer of the Rams to St. Louis doesn’t mean I have to rubber-stamp it.

Moving a franchise, that’s business. But copping the team’s name? That’s wrong.

Were the Rams reincarnated in their Midwestern home as the Steamers, or the Rivercats, or the Archers, nobody mistakes St. Louis for Los Angeles. But they remained the Rams, fixtures of the NFC West, wearing a helmet logo that ought to have been retired the moment the moving vans headed east.

Fortunately, there’s hope, donated by Arte Moreno,...
              -01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
            • MauiRam
              Moving from St. Louis to Los Angeles could be costly chore for the Rams' players
              by MauiRam
              By RYAN KARTJE

It was 1995, only months before the Browns would leave Cleveland for Baltimore to become the Ravens, when Matt Stover decided it was finally time to put down roots in Ohio. This turned out to be very unfortunate timing.

But for the Browns’ fifth-year kicker, it seemed like a sensible time to settle down. Stover was 27, with a newborn daughter and a son on the way. Stability is rare for an NFL kicker, but on the heels of his best season yet, he’d just signed a new four-year contract. So he and his wife found a modest, $240,000 home in an up-and-coming neighborhood and moved in.

Then, in November, the Browns announced they were moving out.

“Obviously, we didn’t have any control over it,” Stover said this week, 20 years later. “We had to move. So we thought, ‘The (team is) going to help us. They’re going to move us.’”

“Well, that’s not what happened.”

Instead, players found themselves wrapped up in a logistical nightmare, shelling out their own money and ironing out their own details for a move to Baltimore. Some didn’t wind up moving until June. And for many of the organization’s lower-paid players, the move turned out to be a significant financial burden.

Stover, making a modest salary by NFL standards, was forced to take a loss on his family’s new house. By the time he’d finally made the move, he was out $50,000, without a single dollar reimbursed by the organization.

Now, with the NFL’s latest massive relocation project underway in Los Angeles, the former kicker cautions that Rams players moving from St. Louis could experience a similar – and assuredly more expensive – relocation nightmare in the coming months, if the organization doesn’t provide the proper help.

Article 36 of the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement calls for relocating teams to cover the cost of player moving expenses. But it notes that players must “establish permanent residence” prior to the first regular-season game to be eligible. When Stover finally found a furnished place in April 1996, just before the start of offseason activities, he opted to rent in Baltimore and send his belongings to his home state of Texas, instead of buying another house. Under the CBA, the organization wasn’t on the hook to reimburse him.

In the language of the current CBA, the definition of “moving expenses” remains vague. The explicitly listed offerings for traded or claimed players are extensive, including first-class, round-trip airfare, equivalent of two months rent or mortgage payments in the player’s current city not exceeding $6,950, and the cost of a week’s hotel stay. But there’s no mention of any financial package entitled to relocating players.

As the Browns’ players union representative in 1996, Stover even went to the NFL to broker a deal for a financial package for relocating players. The league...
              -01-24-2016, 11:01 AM
            • stlramman
              Former Rams bemoan lack of identity for L.A Rams
              by stlramman
              I thought this article was interesting, how some former Ram greats feel no connection to the St.Louis Rams.

Poor little Rams have lost their way
              Christine Cotter / Los Angeles Times
              Says former Rams running back Eric Dickerson of his days in L.A.: "The history that I had here is gone."
              Dennis Harrah, Eric Dickerson and others bemoan the lack of identity of the Los Angeles Rams.
              Bill Plaschke
              November 23, 2008
              Throughout the NFL today, former players will roam their old stadium homes, shaking hands, hearing cheers, spreading history.

In Southern California, former Los Angeles Rams guard Dennis Harrah won't even turn on the television.

"I don't love Sundays," he said. "It's like I never even played."

Throughout the NFL today, former players will provide living links to current ones, on sidelines, in broadcast booths, a weekly melding of past and present.

In Southern California, former Los Angeles Rams running back Eric Dickerson doesn't really care.

"I'm not a big NFL fan," he said. "The history that I had here is gone."

They were once the cornerstones of Los Angeles' most popular franchise, the builders of one of the nation's most solid sporting skylines.

Today they don't even have a working address.

They are legends without legacy, history without memory, stars of a team that no longer exists in a town that no longer cares.

Almost 14 years after the late Georgia Rosenbloom packed up the Rams and dragged them to St. Louis, they are the strange collection of boxes that remain.

Alive, alert, but alone, former Rams who lost not only a team, but an identity.

"There's no place for our memories to go, there's nothing in our past that we can touch," Harrah said. "We're lost."

By most estimates, there are about two dozen former Rams still living in Southern California.

Many are successful businessmen who have parlayed their football skills into marketable careers. They do not wish for special treatment, nor have any interest in pity.

But sometimes they think, wouldn't it be nice if they could show their children who they were?

"I would love to take my sons to the place I played, to see the team that I played for, but that's not possible," Harrah said. "This has been like a bad divorce, where you just can't go back."

Then sometimes they think, wouldn't it be nice to occasionally feel the embrace of a sports community that they worked so hard to create?

"I go back to New York and see Lawrence Taylor go to Giants Stadium and hear everyone shouting nice things to him, like he's come home, and I kind of wonder what that would feel like," Dickerson...
              -11-23-2008, 07:56 AM
            Working...
            X