Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at the crowd, one thing seems clear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the crowd, one thing seems clear...

From what I saw, there is an overwhelming preference among the fans for the old royal blue/yellow color scheme over the current dark blue/gold. I'm guessing it won't be until the 2019 season when the new stadium opens, but I think the change is inevitable.

Yes, probably true. The stores like Walmart, Sears, JC Penney, etc.. are starting to ramp up on Rams stuff and so you'll start seeing more of the current scheme. Even on TV you started see a few with new stuff for the first time. When I go to a game I'll be sporting a Warner jersey circa 2001 even though I do still have some tee-shirts and sweat shirts from the pre 1994 era.
    :helmet:

Comment

Yeah, those old Blue/Gold colours are being fazed out quickly. I don't really care what happens, I just hate our current uniforms. To me in order of my favourite I'd go with this:

1) Blue/Yellow. Unreal look, best uni's in NFL history. I'd love to use that colour scheme and maybe try to do a updated version of the jersey. I think that could look pretty damn awesome.
      2) Blue/Gold. I'm talking about those early 00's Blue tops Gold pants or White tops and Gold pants look with the gold stripe along the side. Those are sweet too and I hate so much how over the years slowly in St. Louis we fazed those out. I think the Blue/White we use now are some of the ugliest jerseys in the league.
      3) Blue/White. I was way too young to know anything about these but they are a clean look. I just hope if they go this route they look nothing like our current uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
        Yeah, those old Blue/Gold colours are being fazed out quickly. I don't really care what happens, I just hate our current uniforms. To me in order of my favourite I'd go with this:

1) Blue/Yellow. Unreal look, best uni's in NFL history. I'd love to use that colour scheme and maybe try to do a updated version of the jersey. I think that could look pretty damn awesome.
        2) Blue/Gold. I'm talking about those early 00's Blue tops Gold pants or White tops and Gold pants look with the gold stripe along the side. Those are sweet too and I hate so much how over the years slowly in St. Louis we fazed those out. I think the Blue/White we use now are some of the ugliest jerseys in the league.
        3) Blue/White. I was way too young to know anything about these but they are a clean look. I just hope if they go this route they look nothing like our current uniforms.
        I dont hate our current uniforms. I never understood the dislike for the blue and gold. I also would prefer the GSOT days' unis as well. There is ONE alternate I cannot stand however, and that is the all white crap. They need to discard that idea pronto.

Other than that I agree with you Sosa lol

Comment

Originally posted by rNemesis View Post

I dont hate our current uniforms. I never understood the dislike for the blue and gold. I also would prefer the GSOT days' unis as well. There is ONE alternate I cannot stand however, and that is the all white crap. They need to discard that idea pronto.

Other than that I agree with you Sosa lol
          I actually really like the blue/gold. This is what I meant:

Favourite:

2nd favourite:

And I hate the colour scheme we wear today. The blue/white, blue/blue, white/white, white/blue are all ugly. Way too plain and just boring. I love the blue/yellow combo and even the blue/gold that Faulk is wearing there.

Comment

Going back to the gold pants would make all the difference for me. I love that look, and never understood why they got rid of them.

Comment

During the radio broadcast of the preseason game, Kevin Demoff said that LA does not want the navy jerseys, and the goal is to have modern cutting edge unifoms with the old color scheme starting in 2019,

Comment

loving the blue and yellow!

Found one of these on the weekend -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BIyrkW1j...by=iammaxquinn -- and I am so stoked on it!

Comment

The more I hear how LA wants certain uniforms, how they talk about certain players, and some trash St. Louis, the more I wonder if there are certain groups who want the 1994 Rams, and not the Rams of 2016.

If that is the case, they are in for a big disappointment.

The old blue/yellow is badly dated - unless jheri curls, bell bottoms, disco, and platform shoes all make a comeback. The blue/white, while classy, is far too reminiscent of the Colts.

Our Rams need something NEW - this is a NEW era, not a repeat of the past. Let's give them something NEW...
                  temp_4394_1467243487543_20
                  RAMS!

Comment

http://deadsp.in/mmQQpRd

I hope this doesn't happen each week... I was at the game and it was fairly tame with the shiiit talking than I was expecting to be honest. We need to make sure stupid fights do not happen at all because at end of day it's just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by RamsFanSam View Post
                      The old blue/yellow is badly dated - unless jheri curls, bell bottoms, disco, and platform shoes all make a comeback. The blue/white, while classy, is far too reminiscent of the Colts.
                      In the era of easy free agency and salary caps, continuity is hard to come by. The Giants and Jets changed their helmet logos back to the classic NY (Giants) and green football logo (Jets) because the fans wanted it. I suppose the Packers, Cowboys, Raiders and Steelers need a new look, too.

In some cases, a less established team has changed a look because the original one never really captured the hearts of the fans. The Patriots (who STILL have an ugly logo) and the Broncos (who started winning Super Bowls AFTER the change) come to mind. The Buccaneers was just . . . well, you know.

Georgia Frontiere idiotically changed the uniforms, which NOBODY asked for, AFTER we won the Super Bowl in the classic blue and yellow. The L.A. fans identify with it. Long-time Ram fans like me who have never been to L.A. identify with it.

The Rams are NOT an expansion team. Right the wrong like the Giants and Jets did. Bring back the blue and yellow.

Comment

I don't care if they go with Blue/Yellow or Blue/White. Just don't go all one color. I still think we may see old school Blue/White as our throw backs once we change. You see Fisher and the old school logo used all the time and the color scheme of Blue/White on the field. They need to get the brand right as far as the logo can't use both pick one.

Comment