No announcement yet.

Rams going back to blue and white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I never liked about the old Blue & Whites was in rainy natural turf with mud they were one of the ugliest things on the planet looked like so much dirty laundry the boys had got hold of to play football in. I loved the Forum Blue & Yellow ones they were my faves even I was around for the classic blue and whites. I liked them best when they wore the home jersey's the Blue with White numerals my fave of the blue and white days. The all whites with blue numbers that is the ones look trashed when dirty! Just some old laundry! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post

I like the Blue/Gold look we wore in the early 00's. These were SO clean! I'd love an updated version of this:
      Image result for marshall faulk rams

I totally agree on our current jerseys, though, they are hideous, and I hate them. One of the ugliest uniforms in the NFL ever since we removed the gold/gold pants. All that's left is a little gold trim here and there and the horns:

Image result for 2016 la rams
      I certainly agree the gold pants offset the jerseys much better than the blue pants. Prior to 2000, I always thought the uniform would look better with a deeper blue and gold instead of yellow. Then I saw the new uniforms and disliked them immediately. They didn't have a "classic" or a "modern" look. Just not an inspired design. And now, I associate them with a soul-destroying run of horrendous football. Perhaps the current blue/gold colors would look good with a better uniform design. But again, this old fart will be delighted with classic blue/white. I say again, with a bit of black trim to sharpen it up.

Comment

They can change their colors to pink and green for all I care as long as they get rid of those stupid 2 toned toilet seat collars

Comment

Originally posted by MrOrange View Post
          They can change their colors to pink and green for all I care as long as they get rid of those stupid 2 toned toilet seat collars
          Those are awful too, but Nike introduced those as a part of them taking over the jersey production. I guess the only way to stray away from that look would be to make the collar all 1 colour.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the blue and white. But I think it could work better if they outline the white with some darker pin-striping to make it stand out more. Especially on the helmet around the horns. The old school blue and white colour scheme from the 70's, makes the Rams look a little too much like the Colts for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post

Those are awful too, but Nike introduced those as a part of them taking over the jersey production. I guess the only way to stray away from that look would be to make the collar all 1 colour.
              When Nike introduced those hideous things, at least half the league had them. Fast forward to now, every other team has ditched them and gone to a normal looking collar excep for the Rams and Saints. I have no idea why we are one of the last teams clinging to this silly looking thing that nobody on earth ever liked.

Comment

So for those wondering, the news comes from a leaked document from UniWatch identifying changes for next year. I wasn't able to provide it when I started the thread on my phone but added it here...

Comment

Thanks, Nick. I was scratching my head last night. I'll take back what I said earlier about disliking the blue and white combo. The two colours work well together and give the logo a much cleaner look. I hope they put the black outline on the helmets when the team unveils the new uniforms.

Comment

From Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer:

The Rams received permission for a logo change in 2017, which will eliminate any of the gold and keep it blue and white. But I'm told that was merely a formality. Their logo was blue and white in all instances throughout the 2016 season, even if it wasn't reflected on their uniforms. They still won't have new uniforms until 2019, their first year in their new stadium. They'll spend this year working with Nike and the NFL, and reaching out to fans, for the design in 2019

Comment

Rams' best colors were the blue and yellow in the 70's then during Eric Dickerson/Jim Everett era. Nothing else even comes close. Classy look that stood out.

Leave it to the Rams to have screwed up a good thing.

Comment

I played with the Rams on Madden at the weekend and had them wear the blue and white. It's a very tidy uniform, and looks great. Just don't know if it's too similar to say the Colts
                        @EssexRam_

Comment

Someone who entered an LA Chargers uniform re-design contest, took on the RAMS as well...

Click image for larger version  Name:	uni1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	808788
                          Someone also came up with alternate names for the Chargers: "LAPD (Los Angeles Purse Dogs)" and the "LA Squirrels"...
                          Last edited by ram3057; -02-10-2017, 03:25 PM.
                          Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Comment

The main thing about the uniform is it has to have that curved horn on the shoulders like on the blue and yellow throwback
                            Its can be blue and white or blue and yellow but it HAS to have the horn
                            @EssexRam_

Comment

If this happens it will be the third most pleasing day for me as a Rams fan....right behind winning the title and the acquisition of Marshall Faulk.
                              "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
                                If this happens it will be the third most pleasing day for me as a Rams fan....right behind winning the title and the acquisition of Marshall Faulk.
                                Pushing down to #4 that magical night you spent with the Pom Pom Mom at the Motel 6 in Encino back in 1981.

Comment