Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GroundDog39
    replied
    I'm not a big fan of the blue and white. But I think it could work better if they outline the white with some darker pin-striping to make it stand out more. Especially on the helmet around the horns. The old school blue and white colour scheme from the 70's, makes the Rams look a little too much like the Colts for my liking.

Leave a comment:

• sosa39rams
    replied
    Originally posted by MrOrange View Post
    They can change their colors to pink and green for all I care as long as they get rid of those stupid 2 toned toilet seat collars
    Those are awful too, but Nike introduced those as a part of them taking over the jersey production. I guess the only way to stray away from that look would be to make the collar all 1 colour.

Leave a comment:

• MrOrange
    replied
    They can change their colors to pink and green for all I care as long as they get rid of those stupid 2 toned toilet seat collars

Leave a comment:

• Seacone
    replied
    Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post

I like the Blue/Gold look we wore in the early 00's. These were SO clean! I'd love an updated version of this:
    Image result for marshall faulk rams

I totally agree on our current jerseys, though, they are hideous, and I hate them. One of the ugliest uniforms in the NFL ever since we removed the gold/gold pants. All that's left is a little gold trim here and there and the horns:

Image result for 2016 la rams
    I certainly agree the gold pants offset the jerseys much better than the blue pants. Prior to 2000, I always thought the uniform would look better with a deeper blue and gold instead of yellow. Then I saw the new uniforms and disliked them immediately. They didn't have a "classic" or a "modern" look. Just not an inspired design. And now, I associate them with a soul-destroying run of horrendous football. Perhaps the current blue/gold colors would look good with a better uniform design. But again, this old fart will be delighted with classic blue/white. I say again, with a bit of black trim to sharpen it up.

Leave a comment:

• Randart
    replied
    The only thing I never liked about the old Blue & Whites was in rainy natural turf with mud they were one of the ugliest things on the planet looked like so much dirty laundry the boys had got hold of to play football in. I loved the Forum Blue & Yellow ones they were my faves even I was around for the classic blue and whites. I liked them best when they wore the home jersey's the Blue with White numerals my fave of the blue and white days. The all whites with blue numbers that is the ones look trashed when dirty! Just some old laundry! LOL

Leave a comment:

• sosa39rams
    replied
    Originally posted by Seacone View Post

That's interesting. I go back to Blue and White, so I love the change. And it just looks better. But, look at it this way, we've got to change from these current uniforms. They are emblems of alot of terrible football and some of the most painful seasons. They adopted them in 2000, as the champs. Lost the Super Bowl in 2001 in them, a blow from which the franchise still has not recovered. 111-160-1 in these uniforms. I say burn them. But the blue and yellow predecessor was nice, and we won the Super Bowl in that uniform. I would take that one too, but classic blue and white is the best choice, IMO. I wouldn't mind just a little black in there too.
    I like the Blue/Gold look we wore in the early 00's. These were SO clean! I'd love an updated version of this:
    Image result for marshall faulk rams

I totally agree on our current jerseys, though, they are hideous, and I hate them. One of the ugliest uniforms in the NFL ever since we removed the gold/gold pants. All that's left is a little gold trim here and there and the horns:

Image result for 2016 la rams

Leave a comment:

• Seacone
    replied
    Originally posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've seen this on Twitter as well, Nick. To be honest, it makes me kind of sad. Obviously I'm a younger Rams fan, and to me and in my lifetime our identity was the gold and blue. It was one of the reasons I became a Rams fan.

I like the blue and white and it is a clean look, but gold is so deeply enriched in our history and it means so much to me. It'll be tough completely axing the gold out of our existence to be honest.
    That's interesting. I go back to Blue and White, so I love the change. And it just looks better. But, look at it this way, we've got to change from these current uniforms. They are emblems of alot of terrible football and some of the most painful seasons. They adopted them in 2000, as the champs. Lost the Super Bowl in 2001 in them, a blow from which the franchise still has not recovered. 111-160-1 in these uniforms. I say burn them. But the blue and yellow predecessor was nice, and we won the Super Bowl in that uniform. I would take that one too, but classic blue and white is the best choice, IMO. I wouldn't mind just a little black in there too.

Leave a comment:

• Bald_81
    replied
    Not surprised. They've been dropping subtle hints all year with the blue and white logo being featured on the backdrops during press conferences and what not. Even the Rams pin that Sean McVay was wearing during his introductory presser was blue and white.

I too will miss the gold horns on the helmet because I always thought it looked pretty clean but I understand being back in LA you want to go back to your roots. The change to gold happened only in St. Louis so they're going to want to leave that behind going forward. Just don't butcher our uniforms and I'll be fine with it!
    Last edited by Bald_81; -02-03-2017, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RealRam
    replied

GO FOR IT...

Leave a comment:

• MoonJoe
    replied
    I am going to with Plant and Page on this one...

And as we wind on down the road
    Our shadows taller than our soul.
    There walks a lady we all know
    Who shines white light and wants to show
    How everything still turns to gold...

I am leery of the Blue and White if they mess it up, but I am intrigued by the change. For a Los Angeles kid, this takes me back decades to a very happy place...

And if you listen very hard
    The tune will come to you at last.
    When all are one and one is all
    To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Leave a comment:

• AvengerRam
    replied
    I think I'm having a Book of Spiralhorns moment...

This Tolkien verse seems to apply (with a bit of hope) to the Rams relocation and (reported) color scheme change, does it not?

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost.

Leave a comment:

• HUbison
    replied
    If we're going to kick it old school, let's go all the way to the red and black.
    That'll shake things up.

Leave a comment:

• Rambos
    replied
    Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Who knows what this means as far as uniforms, or any time line, but the writing has been on the wall for a while indicating a color change. There has been no official announcement, but I've noticed the official Rams site has been using blue and white graphics with no gold for some time now, the set of Rams Report does not have any gold on the logos, and the backdrop for press conferences uses only the blue and white color scheme. It'll be interesting to see if new uniforms are coming in 2017, or if the gold is going to be transitioned out, with a new uniform design coinciding with the opening of the new stadium.
    KD said this awhile back.

But Demoff said the team would not apply for a change until 2017, putting it on track for implementation in 2019.

Leave a comment:

• sosa39rams
    replied
    I think we all just about knew what was going down when the Rams not-so-subtly changed the end-zones back in St. Louis and carried over to LA.

Leave a comment:

• r8rh8rmike
    replied
    Who knows what this means as far as uniforms, or any time line, but the writing has been on the wall for a while indicating a color change. There has been no official announcement, but I've noticed the official Rams site has been using blue and white graphics with no gold for some time now, the set of Rams Report does not have any gold on the logos, and the backdrop for press conferences uses only the blue and white color scheme. It'll be interesting to see if new uniforms are coming in 2017, or if the gold is going to be transitioned out, with a new uniform design coinciding with the opening of the new stadium.

Leave a comment: