Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rams Defense - Wade Phillips Breakdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rams Defense - Wade Phillips Breakdown

    I started a "moment" on Twitter which is a string of tweets and pictures that I gathered from DEN last year and the Rams to try and breakdown the D and how they'll transition and who will fit where as well as the similarities/differences.

    If you'd like, check it out!

    https://twitter.com/i/moments/831119628868919296

  • #2
    Interesting stuff.

    The idea of Donald and Quinn rushing from the same side should be enough to give opposing OCs and OTs ulcers!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RamFanEsq View Post
      Interesting stuff.

      The idea of Donald and Quinn rushing from the same side should be enough to give opposing OCs and OTs ulcers!
      Yeah when I was watching their film, I was definitely thinking the same thing. The 2 players that should be most excited to play for Phillips are Donald and Quinn. It'll be interesting to see which pieces fit where and who they'll look to replace.

      Comment


      • #4
        This brings up one of the biggest questions for this Rams defense personnel in my mind. Every time I look at the future of this defense and the transition to Phillips' hybrid 3-4, this question pops into my head: Is Josh Forrest ready?

        He got 10 games (with a few starts) last season before getting hurt. Looked good, but was obviously a rookie. If he can progress enough to fill one of the inside LB spots, that would be epic for this team and its cap space. He was taken in the 6th last year, so he's signed through another 3 years with very little cap effect.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post
          This brings up one of the biggest questions for this Rams defense personnel in my mind. Every time I look at the future of this defense and the transition to Phillips' hybrid 3-4, this question pops into my head: Is Josh Forrest ready?

          He got 10 games (with a few starts) last season before getting hurt. Looked good, but was obviously a rookie. If he can progress enough to fill one of the inside LB spots, that would be epic for this team and its cap space. He was taken in the 6th last year, so he's signed through another 3 years with very little cap effect.
          Personally, I think it would be trouble to rely on Josh Forrest. IMO he's a borderline roster talent. I think we can address the position better even if it's for cheap (for example, if we were talking extremely cheap I'd rather sign ILB Brandon Spikes who is a 260LB thumper at ILB).

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not making a statement for or against him; Just that it's a major question for the defense this offseason. Glad you think there's some cheap FA options out there.

            Comment


            • #7
              I kinda guessed it a while back about the Rams going to a 3/4....Phillips wasn't even on my radar and was thinking the new coach would have retained G. Williams

              In the Earlier post I thought maybe Brockers would move to NG as an experiment... OF course Donald remains a force on to himself and see lots of potential with a blitzing MLB O-tree as well as stunts with Quinn

              How Phillips will adapt the Rams to a 3/4...no idea because it might be the OLB are not physical enough to shed blocks. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams look for a 2nd strong Safety and more depth at CB

              Comment


              • #8
                Just hope that the coach can and will work his magic. As he did in Denver. Defense wins championships!
                Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only players i'm worried about are Tree and Barron, who both fit the smaller ILB role. With TJ McDonald a free agent, do we see him allowed to leave and Barron moved back to SS, so that Tree is left playing that ILB spot?
                  @EssexRam_

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tomahawk247 View Post
                    The only players i'm worried about are Tree and Barron, who both fit the smaller ILB role. With TJ McDonald a free agent, do we see him allowed to leave and Barron moved back to SS, so that Tree is left playing that ILB spot?
                    Yeah, I very much think Barron is a miscast so that'll be hard to project. I think Tree has a nice home at ILB though, and as for SS who really knows what their thinking. I'd like T.J to return but I have a feeling he walks.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X