Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zac Stacy Retiring

This was from his instagram: "Goodbye Football"

" Would like to take this time to show appreciation to all those who have supported & were involved throughout my career. The game of football was more than a game to me. It was a life changer. Talk about a sport that teaches you the important values of faith, dedication, commitment, perseverance, work ethic , discipline and leadership which not only shaped me into a talented football player throughout the years but into a man. I am forever blessed & grateful for my many former coaches & teammates throughout the years, the resources & relationships that I've built playing this game, the platform & network that I've established playing this game & the numerous opportunities that I received on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays ( and the occasional Monday night) to do what I love to do.. and that's to play the game of football. But in reality , as much as we want to as players, we can't play this game forever. Father Time may have caught up to some. Some may have had a bad hand dealt in the business. Some had career ending injuries, like myself. Some simply felt like it was time. All different factors can play into why we leave this game but regardless of the reason, regardless of the circumstance, the game of football will always have my heart. Thanks Bibb County for playing me. Thanks Vanderbilt University for recruiting me. And last but not least I want to thank the National Football League, the former St Louis now Los Angeles Rams organization, the New York Jets organization for making my dream come true. It was an honor to represent both organizations on and off the field. When my mother asked me what what I wanted to do when I grow up, I told her I wanted to score a touchdown in the NFL. Think it's safe to say that she along with the rest of my family are very proud of me. As I journey off into the next chapter in life , Whatever the Lord has in store for me, I'm very positive that I won't have any problem succeeding in whatever I partake because of you FOOTBALL. For what you've taught me & what you've instilled in me. And for that, I am forever grateful.

Much Love & Blessings

Z Stacy 30"

Thankful for Zac and his contributions here, he was a pleasant surprise and had a good run with us. It was a pleasure watching #30 (previously) in horns!

I always liked him, and was surprised when he ended up in Fisher's doghouse. Very thoughtful and positive comments. I wish the young man luck and success.

Comment

Hmm, well that was quick: 2013-15 (first two years with Rams, one Jets, total 35 games). We just didn't use the correct level of his potential.

I liked Zac very much: Attitude, character and contribution. All the best in his future endeavors.

Comment

Stacy seems to be suggesting he has a career ending injury. Shame really. He over achieved in his first season with the Rams but they quickly replaced him with a 3rd round pick in Mason and then gave him next to no carries. He could definitely still play a role in this league.
        @EssexRam_

Comment

Stacy was such a force in his rookie year, and was so exciting to watch. I really thought the Rams had something great with Zac, but for reasons I still don't understand, he was pushed aside. Perhaps he was a flash in the pan, but it was fun while it lasted. I wish him the best.

Comment

Sounds like a class act, I really wish he could have gone further with our team.
            sigpic
            RAMS!

Comment

I too wish him the best. I guess the burning question is now whether he goes into the Hall of Fame as a Ram or a Jet?? HAHAHA

Good luck Zac, stay classy. Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk247 View Post

Stacy seems to be suggesting he has a career ending injury. Shame really. He over achieved in his first season with the Rams but they quickly replaced him with a 3rd round pick in Mason and then gave him next to no carries. He could definitely still play a role in this league.
                Agreed.

Warning: BAD, offensive audio / song. Better in mute.

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
                  Stacy was such a force in his rookie year, and was so exciting to watch. I really thought the Rams had something great with Zac, but for reasons I still don't understand, he was pushed aside. Perhaps he was a flash in the pan, but it was fun while it lasted. I wish him the best.
                  I think he was caught up in Fisher desire to find the next Eddie George......Zac was certainly as (if not more) talented then Tre Mason. But hindsight. i always liked him.and wish him the best.......

Comment

Thanks for posting the video, Jorge. Aside from enjoying watching a Ram RB break loose for big runs, it made me wonder who were our O-linemen back then. How did we get so bad so fast? I realize we had Jake Long who got hurt later that season. We need to get that fixed this season.

Go Rams!

Comment

Working...
                    X