Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goff Already Working To Get Better

From SI's Albert Breer:

Im told Rams quarterback Jared Goff has hired and is already working with renowned coaches Adam Dedeaux and Tom House. Good sign, regarding Goffs commitment.
    Say what you want about Goff, but he has a great work ethic, is always striving to get better, and has a great attitude. I love the fact that he is following through on his promise to fans.

Ill say this to all the fans and everybody that came out today, were appreciative and understand where we are, Goff said. We know that they understand where we are. Its just hard, I know they see it its hard in the locker room, its hard for all of us. But I promise you guys it will get fixed [Ill give] everything in my heart and soul to get it all fixed.

Saw this when it was reported a few days ago - it is certainly an encouraging sign. Dedeaux and House have worked with QBs such as Matt Ryan and Tom Brady. Hopefully this extracurricular training pays off...unlike GRob's.

Comment

Agreed, this is a good sign. What I find disturbing is that because of an idiotic CBA Greg Olsen and Matt LeFleur his new coaches as well as McVay cannot meet with him except for limited periods. How is he expected to learn the new offense he's expected to run? When did the NFL get so stupid?

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by mde8352gorams View Post
        Agreed, this is a good sign. What I find disturbing is that because of an idiotic CBA Greg Olsen and Matt LeFleur his new coaches as well as McVay cannot meet with him except for limited periods. How is he expected to learn the new offense he's expected to run? When did the NFL get so stupid?

Go Rams!
        I hear what you're saying... but you got to remember, technically, the new season hasn't even started yet. They do at least get to start OTA's earlier because of the coaching change.

But ultimately, I think that's exactly what these types of things do anyway. You hire people that know their stuff, and they know what kind of system you're going to be learning and they help remove some of the learning curve. It's not the same obviously, but it can assist with concepts and give some repetitions on the "types" of routes and throws he'll be expected to make.

I'll ignore the rhetorical nature of your question and answer it. I believe the NFL, as a loose approximate, got stupid exactly on September 1, 2006.

Comment

Sounds like LeFleur is on board:

"I've seen the benefits," LaFleur said while meeting with Rams reporters on Thursday. "What those guys do is pretty valuable, and it's not always obviously with the time constraints that we can work with these guys. And I think they offer some things that maybe we can't as coaches, from just a strength and conditioning standpoint in terms of how these guys train and keep their core strong, keep their shoulders strong.

Comment

Good support / coaching system for Goff, even for those talent aspects that are said "can't be coached" in a QB.

I think the entire offense will benefit from this improvement effort.

Let's get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by KoaKoi View Post

I hear what you're saying... but you got to remember, technically, the new season hasn't even started yet. They do at least get to start OTA's earlier because of the coaching change.

But ultimately, I think that's exactly what these types of things do anyway. You hire people that know their stuff, and they know what kind of system you're going to be learning and they help remove some of the learning curve. It's not the same obviously, but it can assist with concepts and give some repetitions on the "types" of routes and throws he'll be expected to make.

I'll ignore the rhetorical nature of your question and answer it. I believe the NFL, as a loose approximate, got stupid exactly on September 1, 2006.

Thanks Koa. I get your thinking and will trust that Jared will get the type of teaching you describe. Aside from the learning I also see the need for Jared and Greg to begin a dialogue so they build the realtionship we've seen with other teams around the league. We are all tired of the losing and want things to get humming asap.

Curious about your 9/1/06. Was that the day Goodell was hired? In my mind things got "stupid" when the NFLPA got the league to sign off on a CBA that restricts player/coach communication. I understand the physical risks of practicing too much, but sitting in a classroom learning....c'mon. More money, less work, where did I go wrong??

Go Rams!

Comment

After all the struggles of his rookie year. It's encouraging to see how Goff doesn't seem fazed and is doing everything in his power to improve and take his game to the next level.
                Last edited by GroundDog39; -02-18-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I know many on this site have already given up on this California Golden Boy Wonder! But I am not and never have been in agreement with them! The lad will come along over time if we can protect him and he lives! I love the coaches we now have in place to work with him and progress him along as he grows in every way towards man hood! He is still one of the if not the youngest starter in the NFL by years!~ Give him some time mates.... This guy is for real imho! A couple years from now I think many opinions and band wagoneers will be eating the dust they stirred up trying to down play this kids skills and talent! In time I think he will be worthy of every pic we gave up for him, that is my confidence in what I see when I see this young man play! Good to see he is working with top developmental QB guys great efforts and work ethic on his part just as important are his leadership skills and also his over all body strength! He needs to gain at least 10 pounds of muscle per year for a while just to survive and be the strong pocket presence I fully expect him to grow into!

Comment

Goff was already better than the highlight watcher or stat line watcher would have had you believe.
                    I'm not saying he was great by any means, but it's not like Goff doesn't have a skillset or attitude to help him succeed.
                    @EssexRam_

Comment

Originally posted by mde8352gorams View Post

Thanks Koa. I get your thinking and will trust that Jared will get the type of teaching you describe. Aside from the learning I also see the need for Jared and Greg to begin a dialogue so they build the realtionship we've seen with other teams around the league. We are all tired of the losing and want things to get humming asap.

Curious about your 9/1/06. Was that the day Goodell was hired? In my mind things got "stupid" when the NFLPA got the league to sign off on a CBA that restricts player/coach communication. I understand the physical risks of practicing too much, but sitting in a classroom learning....c'mon. More money, less work, where did I go wrong??

Go Rams!
                      Yeah I was going with the inauguration of Goodell. Technically, we can both be right... after all, isn't it Goodell that caved into the NFLPA on those issues?

Comment

Working...
                      X