Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White horn on helmet for 2017 (reaction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White horn on helmet for 2017 (reaction)

YES!!!!!!!
    8.33%
    NO!!!!!!!
    4.17%
    Meh.
    12.50%
    Would love it if whole uniform was blue and white. Hate it with gold on jersey.
    33.33%
    We should have just stayed with the blue and gold.
    8.33%
    WE NEED TO GO BACK TO BLUE & YELLOW!!!!!
    33.33%

I'm still holding out for the blue and yellow scheme from the 70s-80s.

Apparently, this is just a test run anyway... the real new uniform won't appear until 2019 when the new stadium opens.

Comment

I was around for the Original Blue and White days the horns were always the best part of the uniform for me in that time. As I stated before the all whites with blue numerals etc looks like so much dirty laundry especially on rain or snow days with mud and grass stains. Like you RFE my faves were always the Blue and Gold days. Same with the LA Kings the Forum Blue which was kinda purple and gold was so cool. When the Kings went Raiders colors which many people loved I was not happy but hey we almost won a championship and had one of the best lines in history in those days With the Great one the Highest scoring left wing in history Lukey boy and Jari Kurri ( and for a while before Dave Taylor) amazing days. So the Blue and white has some nice nostalgia to it but not my all time fave combo.

Comment

Call me old fashioned, but I like the old uniforms from the '60's of just blue and white. That is when I became a Ram fan. I have nothing against the blue and yellow either if that becomes our 2019 uniform. Keep the gold away, it doesn't speak Rams to me whatsoever.

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by Randart View Post
          Same with the LA Kings the Forum Blue which was kinda purple and gold was so cool. When the Kings went Raiders colors which many people loved I was not happy but hey we almost won a championship and had one of the best lines in history in those days With the Great one the Highest scoring left wing in history Lukey boy and Jari Kurri
          Ah, Dionne-Simmer-Taylor, the Triple Crown Line. Great goalie in Rogie Vachon, and NO defense. Great hockey. liked the old yellow and royal purple, too, though the yellow home uniforms looked a bit like Dr. Dentons.

Comment

Love the white horns, but don't think they'll look any better with the current jerseys than they did in the game last season. IMO, they looked completely mismatched, and goofy. Maybe the pants not having any gold will make a difference, but I doubt. it. And is it just me, or does the white make the horns look even more skinny?

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
              Love the white horns, but don't think they'll look any better with the current jerseys than they did in the game last season. IMO, they looked completely mismatched, and goofy. Maybe the pants not having any gold will make a difference, but I doubt. it. And is it just me, or does the white make the horns look even more skinny?
              I agree the horns are too skinny in their current iteration. I hope when we do the complete redesigns for 2019 we get back to the fat horns

Comment

It's what they wore when I started following them so I can dig it.
                :helmet:

Comment

I hope they stick better than the last batch. I was at the game last year and someone was losing their sticker on one side. I agree they need to match the jerseys and go back to the fatter version. My preference though is blue and gold as the standard and blue and white as the throwback.
                  "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Originally posted by MDE8352gorams View Post

Call me old fashioned, but I like the old uniforms from the '60's of just blue and white. That is when I became a Ram fan. I have nothing against the blue and yellow either if that becomes our 2019 uniform. Keep the gold away, it doesn't speak Rams to me whatsoever.

Go Rams!

AGREED.
                    PS: You mean keep the "gold" away, not the yellow, right?

Comment

Well, the voting is done, and the single strip and white facemasks won, so this is the Rams 2017 uniform:

This is just a transitional uniform. The real new uniforms won't be introduced until 2019.

Comment

The white horns are helped by the white facemasks.
                        The leg stripe could do with being thicker.
                        It's too early, they should have waited till the gold was off the jerseys as it just does not look right.

__________________________________________________________
                        Keeping the Rams Nation Talking

Comment

Very little gold left on the jersey, so it does not bother me. The primary scheme (as per the logo) is now navy and white. Finally, a classy look.
                          "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam View Post

AGREED.
                            PS: You mean keep the "gold" away, not the yellow, right?
                            Yes, I meant keep the gold away. The yellow is fine. That was our uniform from the '70's and '80's and the ones in which we won the Super Bowl. I don't like the gold on our logo either.

Go Rams!

Comment

I'll reserve proper judgement until I see the uniform on the players in the first game of the season. But as of right now, I'm kind of lukewarm about the blue and white helmets after seeing them in that second game against Seattle last season. I think they need jazzing up a little bit and would have preferred it more with some pin-striping around the horns on the helmet. Maybe a little bling on the inside of the horns will brighten up the two tone helmets.

Comment