Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll feel like its not the "same old Rams" under McVay if and when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll feel like its not the "same old Rams" under McVay if and when...

When faced with an equal or inferior team, particularly at home, we win going away.
    12.50%
    We lose because the other team really outplayed us, rather than the product of dumb mistakes.
    12.50%
    Opposing defenses look out of position against our offense, rather than the other way around.
    18.75%
    When we get a lead, we build on it, rather than waiting for the clock to run out
    18.75%
    Some other indicator (describe).
    12.50%
    Ask me again when we win our 8th game and the season isn't over.
    25.00%
    What would make you feel like things are really changing?

• bruce4life
    replied
    Starting to be able to win the games you are supposed to win against inferiror/equal talented teams is a start and an indicator in my eyes that the team has turned it around.

Leave a comment:

• MoonJoe
    replied
    Tough one! I took build on a lead, but not losing because of dumb mistakes was a close second.

Leave a comment:

• macrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by mh-i View Post
    For me it's simple. Win. Nothing else matters.
    I did not see that option but this is where I am at.

Leave a comment:

• Azul e Oro
    replied
    Win big, win by a point, win ugly, win when a star or unit are affected by injury.....just win. The Rams have had enough talent to beat any team for years. Just do it, already.It's like England & The World Cup; more in their heads than anything.
    I went with the last option.

Leave a comment:

• citr92
    replied
    Went with other cause it kind of includes most of the above.

But plainly, not only win against equal/greater competition, but consistently so AND consistently looking like a winning team.

No way in heck last year did they actually look like a team that was legitimately 3-1, and we saw what happened afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• mh-i
    replied
    For me it's simple. Win. Nothing else matters.

Leave a comment:

• mde8352gorams
    replied
    I went with "some other indicator" and to me its making the playoffs. We've seen marginal improvements under Fisher and his predecessors, but its all about contending for the Super Bowl in the NFL and until that step is achieved I'm not willing to buy-in. I agree that the outlook is more positive under McVay, but let's recall how many of us, including myself, felt this in 2012 upon the arrival of Jeff Fisher. I can only speak for myself but I felt we had a head coach who knew how to be a head coach rather than a promoted coordinator. We we all know how that worked out.

Admittedly, we have a better roster talent-wise so the odds are in McVay's favor, but its the old Jerry McGuire line, "show me the money". Style points count for very little in the NFL, a results oriented league. Ask a Patriots fan.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -06-19-2017, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Randart
    replied
    These are all good choices and would point to our team making huge progress from last season! I found the one that covered the most points or so it seemed to me was not waiting for the clock to run out! You need look no further than last years stupid bowl to see it in action, the Falcons blew the game the lead and the season doing just this combined with poor play and keeping the defense on the field too long! They lost their identity and then their pride! Now we have to hear how great the danged cheats are cause they took advantage of a team that for got how to win! Poor play and poor coaching lose every single time! Man I was rooting for the Falcons so hard what a huge let down. But also a great example, if you are doing the right things to win I believe the rest of the points in this thread fall into place including wins!

Leave a comment:

• GroundDog39
    replied
    For quite a long time now and especially since Fisher became the coach. The Rams have regularly been in close games, and sometimes they were playing really well, but they never knew how to kill the game off and more often than not would then come up short. Until I see this team consistently start putting teams away on offense, I'll know there and then.!!!

Leave a comment:

• gap
    replied
    I took the first option, but would also like to vote for "When we get a lead, we build on it, rather than waiting for the clock to run out". For me they are 1a and 1b, with the first option being only slightly more important than the 4th option.

gap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X