10 Quick Takes On The Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Quick Takes On The Game

1. Goff looked good, Mannion, with more time to get into a rhythm, looked really good.
    2. Hopefully, Todd Gurley isn't having deja vu from last year. Only 4 carries, but the OL gave him nothing.
    3. It's early, but Cooper Kupp looks like the real deal.
    4. The fumble situation was ridiculous. The Rams don't need a reputation for coughing up the ball.
    5. The uniforms might look decent if the gold was eliminated.
    6. Speaking of the uniforms, the horrible pointed collar is gone!
    7. Sean Mannion might have a new look soon, Sammy Watkins wants to make a deal for #14.
    8. Watkins also told the guys in the booth that he can learn the playbook in a week and a half, and hopes to be on the field next Saturday.
    9. The playcalling already looks much more coherent than last year.
    10. Oh yeah, a win is always a good thing, even if it was just the preseason, and kind of ugly.

Yeah, it was the 1st pre-season game. Goff definitely looked more comfortable. Let's hope that continues. For most teams, a sloppy 1st pre-season game is really nothing. However, given the Ram's history, I really want to see a significant improvement over the next few weeks. The fumbles were really ridiculous. Let's hope that's a real point of focus during practice. I'm a little concerned about Gurley, but I will reserve any judgment until the season starts, and we have our passing game going. I loved seeing the white horns on the helmets. I agree that they'd look a whole lot better without the gold on the uniforms.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Comment

This staff is so significantly different than the previous. The personnel changes made intrigue. What I saw was a hint of an offensive philosophy that could portend something I haven't seen in the Fisher era. Much like the Martz, and not comparing actual system, we are not going to see the real deal in preseason. But, I have hope....for the offensive scheme............for a change.
      Semper Fi!

Comment

limited exposure of course, but gerald everett had a couple of nice catches and moves after the catch. Excellent route and third down catch for a first down (called back for holding penalty). Pace Murphy, the second team left tackle, was just awful. No blocking for gurley, mid season form in that regard, plenty of action for hekker.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

I liked the helmets, the uniforms were okay.

As others stated, too many fumbles.

Enough flashes of what might be to keep me positive about the season......
          RnD

GO RAMS!!

Comment

Kupp looked good. Aside from being bigger than I gave him credit for he looks mentally and physically ready to go and he's only going to get better. Very excited about that.
            :helmet:

Comment

I liked Kupp also last night but he did have one brutal drop

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

I liked the variety of play calling and the variety of targets. Looking forward to the OL and Gurley making waves.

Comment

Watched replay....kupp looks legit. No false starts. I can't remember a recent Ram game without one. No severe injuries. some nice tackling early on by the first team'ers. Pace Murphy and Brown need work on the o line........Cody davis has improved YOY.....IMO.

Comment

Interesting point on cody davis as i am concerned about the safety position. Hard to tell without Dez and Whitten in there, but he did have a couple of nice plays.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

One other observation, not Rams related. The cowboys 6 foot 7 290 pound tighter end gathers (who scored the td) was really impressive. Lots of upside on that guy. 290 pounds and he runs a 4.5 40? I have never heard of anyone else that runs that fast at that size!!!!!!

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

So refreshing to see the team finally out from under the inept coaching staff of the past 5 seasons. To me, that was the biggest highlight of this game.

I really like the looks of Wade's defense - compared to the defense of GW where players always seemed to be out of position to make stops. Plus GW was always a Class A Jerk.

Comment

Wade P seems to be a class act all the way. As really heard a lot of nice things about him. Just hope he can get the defense to really be elite.
                          Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos 2/7/2016 CBS 6:30PM EST Santa Clara CA!

Comment

Whitworth is a really big guy !! He made even the taller guys look small !!

Looking forward to seeing more of Goff next week....

Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

Comment

Good points, but on #2 with Gurley I had the same sense. But thinking the issue further I remembered that the Rams play the Cowboys in week 4 and I'm hoping the Rams didn't want to reveal too much in how they plan to run Gurley and the blocking schemes involved with those plays.

#3, Kupp is the the real deal, great football IQ as the guys in the booth said.

No mention of Justin Davis? I know he put the "church money" on the floor (quoting Marshall), but I like his slashing style and he could be a change-of-pace rb for us, plus the USC pedigree could be a fan fave. He did it against 3rd and 4th stringers so let's see the next few games. I must add, between Davis and Pharoah Cooper, I could see a Tavon Austin departure coming sooner than we expect. The contract may be an issue, but the Rams may have to make some changes before the season starts, mostly with OL depth. Pace Murphy is awful.

Couple of guys I think are going away are Paul McRoberts (drops a catchable pass) & Tamarick Hemmingway (need to keep Corey Harkey) unless we keep 4 TE's. A keeper to me is Nelson Spruce, all he does is catch passes (reminds me of Wes Welker) so he could be a 3rd down weapon.

Go Rams!

Comment

Working...
                              X