• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 things I think will happen on Sunday vs. Cowboys

My pick:

Rams 27
    Cowboys 24

1. The defense will come out looking fired up and will have some early success. The question is whether they can sustain it.

2. Jared Goff will have a lower completion % than he has in the first 3 games as he is forced to throw the ball away more often.

3. Goff will also make a big play or two rolling out.

4. Todd Gurley will find it tough running the ball early, but will come on as the game wears on.

5. Gurley will also have 5 or more receptions.

6. Alec Ogletree will force a fumble.

7. Quinn and Donald will each record (at least) one sack.

8. If Sammy Watkins is able to go, he'll have a reception of 30+ yards and total at least 80 yards.

9. Tavon Austin will break a play (run or reception) for 20+ yards.

10. The Rams win on a Greg Zuerlein FG in the 4th Quarter.

I think the big question is which Rams defense will show up this week. Is the defense really that bad.? If the defense comes to play I think the Rams will win this game. But if they happen to have another performance like last week versus the *****. I'll be very disappointed. I'm kind of leaning towards the Rams defense being a little better than they've shown this season. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundDog39 View Post
      I think the big question is which Rams defense will show up this week. Is the defense really that bad.? If the defense comes to play I think the Rams will win this game. But if they happen to have another performance like last week versus the *****. I'll be very disappointed. I'm kind of leaning towards the Rams defense being a little better than they've shown this season. We'll see.
      I think you're right... Rams defense will look a little bit better. Unfortunately, I think the Rams offense will look a little worse.

This game will be a fight. I think Rams fall behind in the 2nd quarter. And despite a slight comeback at the end of the 3rd and in the 4th, it won't be enough and Dallas kicks a late field goal to make it a two possession game at the end. Rams 20 - Cows 30

Comment

So, how did I do...?

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

1. The defense will come out looking fired up and will have some early success. The question is whether they can sustain it.
        Totally missed on that one. The D came out in the second half and showed great improvement, though.

2. Jared Goff will have a lower completion % than he has in the first 3 games as he is forced to throw the ball away more often.
        On the money there. Goff did a good job of picking his spots against a bit of pressure.

3. Goff will also make a big play or two rolling out.
        His biggest plays were from the pocket.

4. Todd Gurley will find it tough running the ball early, but will come on as the game wears on.
        Nailed that one. Gurley made some hey runs in the 4th.

5. Gurley will also have 5 or more receptions.
        Yes he did!

6. Alec Ogletree will force a fumble.
        Nope.

7. Quinn and Donald will each record (at least) one sack.
        Um...I meant Barwin and Brockers?

8. If Sammy Watkins is able to go, he'll have a reception of 30+ yards and total at least 80 yards.
        Watkins was quiet, though he did have a key reception on 3rd down late in the game.

9. Tavon Austin will break a play (run or reception) for 20+ yards.
        Not quite, but he had some nice runs.

10. The Rams win on a Greg Zuerlein FG in the 4th Quarter.
        I meant 7 FGs, of course!

Comment

I'd sure love to see Quinn come through for you, but he once again had no impact on the game at all.

Comment

Notice we are noticing more Brocker's name being mentioned nearly each game? That hit he put on Dak says it all!

The thing besides taking away a win at Dallas is the Rams are more balanced 3 dimensionally then Dallas and from 2015, 2016 its a complete 180

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam
              10 Things I think will happen Thursday night against the Niners
              by AvengerRam
              First, my score prediction...

I feel like the Rams could really create some positive momentum by winning this game convincingly, setting themselves up for their 9 day hiatus before playing the Cowboys.

My gut, though, tells me this one won't be easy:

Rams 20
              Niners 16

Now, for my specific predictions:

1. Todd Gurley will continue to be productive as an offensive weapon, and will have 100+ yards from scrimmage.

2. Sammy Watkins will become more involved, and will have 5+ receptions.

3. Jared Goff will put up decent numbers (90.0 passer rating or better), but will get sacked 3 times.

4. The Rams will likewise pressure Brian Hoyer, and will register 4 sacks.

5. Speaking of sacks, Aaron Donald will get his first of the year.

6. Alec Ogletree will be involved in a turnover (FF, INT or fumble recovery).

7. Tavon Austin will have more rushing yards than receiving yards.

8. Johnny Hekker will have a punt of 60+ yards.

9. If Gerald Everett plays (bruised thigh), he'll score his first NFL TD.

10. (Repeat prediction from last week) Pharoh Cooper will return a kickoff past midfield.
              -09-20-2017, 07:32 AM
            • AvengerRam
              10 things I think will happen on Sunday vs. Colts
              by AvengerRam
              I'm already on record predicting a 27-13 win. Here are some details I'm also projecting:

1. The Rams will have at least 3 sacks, and at least 1 will be by Robert Quinn.

2. Tavon Austin won't play much, but he'll have a significant play.

3. Todd Gurley will score the Rams' first TD of the year.

4. Trumaine Johnson will have the Rams' first INT of the year.

5. Jared Goff will have a passer rating of at least 90.0.

6. The Rams defense will give up a few big plays due to miscommunication/out of position players, but they'll bend more than they break.

7. Sammy Watkins will be responsible for a big gain, either on a long pass or by drawing pass interference.

8. The rookie receivers (Kupp, Reynolds and Everett) will combine for at least 10 receptions.

9. Alec Ogletree will lead the team in tackles.

10. The Rams will win the turnover battle.
              -09-07-2017, 10:58 AM
            • AvengerRam
              What I liked on Sunday, from 1 to 10
              by AvengerRam
              Here are some of the biggest positives from Week 1, by the numbers.

1 - The number of sacks allowed
              There's no substitute for pass protection. Jared Goff had a clean pocket throughout the game, and it showed in his stats.

2 - Interceptions
              Nice start for a team that only managed 10 INTs last year.

3 - Scores (2 TDs, 1 safety) by the defense
              Though it killed my fantasy team (my opponent had the Rams D!), I loved seeing the defense outscore the opponent.

4 - Sacks
              The Rams averaged less than two sacks/game last year. 4 sacks w/out Aaron Donald on the field is a great start.

5 - Players with receptions of 20+ yards
              Kupp, Watkins, Woods, Gurley and Everett all had big gains.

6 - Targets for Todd Gurley in the passing game
              Resulted in 5 receptions for 56 yards. As long as the Rams continue to struggle with run blocking, its important to find other ways to keep Gurley involved.

7 - Players with tackles for loss
              Brockers, Quinn, Westbrooks, Longacre, Littleton, Walker and Countess all made plays behind the line of scrimmage.

8 - Players with a reception
              Goff did a very good job of spreading the ball around.

9 - Scoring plays!
              5 TDs, 3 FGs and a safety. Doesn't get much better than that!

10 - Yards per pass attempt
              Jared Goff was not a "Captain Checkdown" on Sunday.
              -09-12-2017, 08:17 AM
            • general counsel
              Rams vs dallas, keys to the game
              by general counsel
              Well, the Rams get dallas. All games generally get decided by turnovers and red zone conversions, but what is special about this upcoming playoff game in addition to those two always critical factors?

First, dallas just completely shut down the #1 rushing offense in the nfl this weekend against the chickens. Can we run the ball enough to take pressure off Goff and make play action effective?

Second, can we stop the run enough to force prescott to beat us rather than letting them pound elliott over and over on us?

Third, which team can do a better job protecting their qb and giving them time to throw?

Fourth, I hope Talib is ready to deal with Cooper. He is a key weapon for them and their offense improved dramatically after they acquired him.

Finally and critically, I really hope that Goff and McVay are ready to take what the defense gives them. Get the ball into gurley's hands in the passing game if need be and make sure that we are prepared to throw screens, slants and quick drops to get the ball out of Goff's hands so its not all 7 step drops.

Let's remember that dallas beat new orleans earlier this year on the road with a terrific defensive effort. It's the playoffs so you certainly can't expect any easy opponents. I think if we bring our A game we are going to win.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
              -01-06-2019, 05:05 PM
            • macrammer
              My Top 5 Reasons Why We WON!!!!
              by macrammer
              Well, not exactly a sterling effort but the Rams win in a MEANINGFUL game in LATE November. Been quite a while for that! 8-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Toss up but I will go with Gurley. He single-handed kept drives alive in first half . His effort was nothing short of amazing
              2) Jared Goff. This kid just keep impressing.
              3) Defense....... Ogletree especially........The Saints last drive was UGLY but the D was good for most of the day.......(Sans the 74 yd TD run!)
              4) THE DRIVE Good teams can do the kind of drive the Rams had in the 4 th qtr against a top tier team. Goff and Gurley were outstanding.....
              5) WR's picked up the absence of Woods.....Kupp, Reynolds, Higbee, Watkins
              -11-26-2017, 04:37 PM
            Working...
            X