Rams V Cowboys Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams V Cowboys Predictions

A great history between these two teams. In the 70's, Rams and Cowboys squared off in the playoffs a number of times. I remember the 28-0 drubbing the Cows handed us in the '78 Championship game. I also remember the revenge we got a year later beating them 21-19 in divisional game as we made our way to SB XIV.....

We have dropped three in a row. I can see no other better message to send to the league then to beat the Cows on their turf. This Rams team is different.

My prediction

Rams 24
    Cows 20

What do you think?

Originally posted by macrammer View Post
    A great history between these two teams. In the 70's, Rams and Cowboys squared off in the playoffs a number of times. I remember the 28-0 drubbing the Cows handed us in the '78 Championship game. I also remember the revenge we got a year later beating them 21-19 in divisional game as we made our way to SB XIV.....

We have dropped three in a row. I can see no other better message to send to the league then to beat the Cows on their turf. This Rams team is different.

My prediction

Rams 24
    Cows 20

What do you think?
    I remember those games well, macrammer. As a kid in grade school, I'll never forget the times I'd go to school after losses (to Dallas, Minnesota especially) and take a bunch of heat from friends. The 21-19 game with Billy Waddy was great revenge- as was the thrashing we gave them the year Eric Dickerson ran for like 230 yards against them.

While I am happy at our start and hopeful Goff is showing his true self, I still don't share the vision of a Ram victory in this one- on the road vs. a quality club and many defensive questions. Will be a huge test.

Dallas 33
    Rams 23

Comment

Too many questions to point a finger at....
      Is the Cowboy defense really that good?...one average showing of good defense....a horrid game and finally a crushing defense (against the Cards)
      Are the Rams really that woeful at stopping the run?...three games in that says they are
      Is the Rams offense for real?....2 really great games where the Rams scored almost at will and a descent showing in the game they lsot

But I am sticking to my beginning of the season predictions...which was first the Cowboys will not win their division and will seriously struggle putting together wins as well as I predicted the Rams would win against the Cowboys

Rams 33
      Cowboys 13

Comment

Cowboys 30
        Rams 17

Comment

Rams 22
          Cowboys 17
          “Oh, 100 percent,” Donald said. “I feel like the words, ‘Thank you,’ ain’t enough. You’ve got to show it... Instead of saying thank you — show it.”

Comment

Rams 24 Cowboys 28

Comment

Rams 27
              Cowboys 24

Zuerlein FG in the 4th Quarter FTW!!!

Comment

Cowboys 27 - Rams 20

I think our D will be better but not enough to win. Our offence will be disrupted a lot and have problem to get into rhytm

Comment

Rams - 45
                  Cowboys - 42

Neither defense can stop the opposing offense.

Comment

Rams have yet to play a clean game. Special teams have been turning the ball over. Defenses play has been up and down but they have been put on the field right after stopping the opposing offense. Rams offense has been great in all fazes and will continue. This week we put all three fazes together.

Rams will attack the Boys young secondary with just too many weapons.

Rams 27
                    Boys 17

Comment

Until I see the Rams defense play decent I can't pick the Rams to win on the road against a potential playoff team.

Dallas 34
                      Rams 17
                      :helmet:

Comment

Cowboys 30
                        Rams 17

Comment

I thought I accidentally clicked on the Cowboy's website.
                          Rams 30
                          Cowpies 17

Comment

Still pretenders....

DAL - 42

LA - 27
                            "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Comment

Dal 27
                              lar 24

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• macrammer
                                Divisional Playoff 2019 Rams v Cowboys
                                by macrammer
                                Playoff prediction time!!!!!

The Rams, on the heels of a successful regular season campaign, take on the Dallas Cowboys in LA. our Rams finished the regular season at 13-3. Seems like just yesterday the Rams were perennial below .500 team. Seam McVay has breathed new life into this franchise. Exciting for all long suffering Ram fans.

The Cowboys hold a slight edge here in head to head match-up at 17-16. These two teams have met in playoffs 8 times and are 4-4. Some painful memories for me as a kid were the playoff losses in the 70's on Ram teams destined for SB greatness.

This game comes down to who can control the line of scrimmage. Rams offense going against a good Cowboys defense. Can Goff deliver under pressure? Will McVay be patient? If the Rams play and execute as they did most of the regular season, we will prevail!

Side note....Rams undefeated when Aaron get a sack

Edit: Rain in the morning but should be all finished by game time temps in the 50/60's

Rams 24
                                Cowboys 16

What say you?
                                -01-08-2019, 08:24 AM
                              • MauiRam
                                Double Coverage: Rams at Cowboys
                                by MauiRam
                                By Todd Archer and Nick Wagoner

The Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams will meet for the second time in three seasons at AT&T Stadium. The Cowboys won convincingly, 34-7, in 2011, but this Rams team is different. ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner and Cowboys reporter Todd Archer bring you their Double Coverage preview.

Archer: It's always about the quarterback here with the Cowboys and Tony Romo, but I'm curious about Sam Bradford. Where is he in his development and is there any doubt he is their answer at the game's most important spot?

Wagoner: The Rams have made every effort to turn this into Bradford's team, and, through two weeks, it's absolutely become that. Bradford has had two strong statistical weeks to start the season, led a comeback win against Arizona in the opener and nearly did it again last week in Atlanta. He's clearly more comfortable in his second season with the same offensive coordinator in Brian Schottenheimer and surrounded by better skill position players such as tight end Jared Cook and receiver Tavon Austin. Bradford is showing signs of having the breakthrough season many have long expected. For the Rams' part, there's no doubt he's the guy moving forward and the decision-makers have repeatedly and publicly said as much.

Speaking of quarterbacks and committing, the Cowboys made their move to lock up Romo already. How has he responded to that financial vote of confidence?

Archer: I think it goes beyond the financial commitment, although wed all like to be guaranteed $55 million at some point in our lives. The bigger vote of confidence came from Jerry Jones wanting him in on the game planning with the coaches. Romo has more say now than he has ever had as the starting quarterback. Its his offense in a lot of respects. The Cowboys are doing more no-huddle work than ever before, and thats where Romo has complete control. Now there could be some drawbacks, too, because theyre not running the ball. The Cowboys talked about running the ball more and better in 2013 than they did in 2012, and they have 39 carries for 124 yards in two games. Romo has dropped back to pass nearly 100 times in two games. There is even more of a burden on him now, and hes already had to do so many things here lately to win games.

One guy I cant wait to see Sunday is Austin. Everybody had him pegged for greatness this summer, and hes coming off his first two-touchdown game. How have the Rams tailored their offense for him?

Wagoner: Well, it's been a bit of a mixed bag for Austin so far. Yes, he had a couple of touchdowns last week, but he also had some issues with drops. The Rams have used him as a receiver, lined him up at running back and used him as the primary punt returner, and those will all be ways they'll continue to use him moving forward. Through two weeks, they haven't been able to get him out in space where he can operate at his...
                                -09-19-2013, 12:09 PM
                              • ram3057
                                Rams @ Cowboys 9/22/13
                                by ram3057
                                Some pics from the loss...
                                -10-16-2013, 12:51 PM
                              • Chiledog
                                Dallas Cowboy jokes
                                by Chiledog
                                I found these Dallas Cowboy jokes while searching for the answer to Mom's question in the Mock Draft thread. They are actually pretty funny. (don't worry, Mom, I will not post the answer to your question):

Four Dallas Cowboys in a car, who's driving?
                                The sheriff.

Why can't Michael Irvin get into a huddle on the field anymore?
                                It is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.

I understand Chicago is trying to sign Michael Irvin...
                                They got rid of the refrigerator, so now they want a coke machine.

The Dallas newspapers reported yesterday that Texas Stadium is going to take out the artificial turf because the Cowboys play better on grass.

How do you get a Cowboy to stand up?
                                Say "Will the defendant please rise."

Did you hear Dallas has petitioned the NFL to consider alternative colors for marking the field?
                                Seems their players have a tough time passing up all those white lines.

What's Jerry Jones' biggest concern?
                                Does Bail Money count against the Salary Cap?

The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new Honor system...
                                Yes your Honor, No your Honor.

The Cowboys had a 12 and 5 season this year, 12 arrests, 5 convictions.

The Cowboys knew they had to do something for their defense, so they hired a new defensive coordinator...
                                Johnny Cochran.

How do the Dallas Cowboys spend their first week at spring training?
                                Studying the Miranda Rights.
                                -12-28-2005, 10:34 AM
                              • RamWraith
                                Big Loss Leaves Cowboys Flustered
                                by RamWraith
                                By Bill Coats
                                ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
                                10/20/2008

A difficult week for the Dallas Cowboys reached its nadir Sunday, when the Rams pounded out a 34-14 victory at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams' two-game winning "streak" mirrors the Cowboys' two-game slide.

In an overtime loss to Arizona last week, Dallas quarterback Tony Romo broke the little finger on his right (throwing) hand. He was replaced by 40-year-old Brad Johnson, who slogged through a rugged outing Sunday.

Speedy rookie running back Felix Jones and punter Mat McBriar also were lost to injuries. Then cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was slapped with a league suspension Tuesday of at least a month for his involvement in a late-night scuffle with his own bodyguard at a Dallas hotel.

Pacman had just landed a starting role because Pro Bowl cornerback Terence Newman had groin surgery Oct. 10.

Suddenly, the Cowboys, popular preseason picks to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, are 4-3 and fighting to resurrect their flagging season.

"I'm angry, disappointed and embarrassed," second-year Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. "We didn't want to get beat at all. But we shouldn't get beat like that, for sure. ... This is the worst game this team has played since I've been here."

Said tight end Jason Witten: "To be 4-3 at this point ... nobody would've thought that."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones admitted that he but not his team, he stressed took the Rams too lightly. "I really did think when I walked out of our dressing room for the second half, I said, 'We'll get a couple of scores and we'll be back in it,'" Jones said. "I give the Rams the credit for that. I was just thinking a little lighter than I should have about this ballgame."

The Cowboys outgained the Rams 341 yards to 325. But much of the Dallas real estate was gathered well after the outcome was decided, and an uncharacteristically sloppy performance helped keep the Cowboys in arrears most of the afternoon.

Defensively, the Rams gobbled up four turnovers and sacked Johnson three times.

"We're not even giving ourselves the chance to put points on the board," Witten said. "Seven points against this team? We're not running the ball, we're not giving the quarterback time, and we're not getting open like we should. ... It's unacceptable."

Offensively, the Rams posted easily their highest point total of the year, prospering behind quarterback Marc Bulger's best day of the season, and running back Steven Jackson's 160-yard rushing output and three touchdowns.

"We obviously need to play better," linebacker Greg Ellis said. "We just need to stick together. Not a lot more needs to be said."

Wide receiver Terrell Owens insisted...
                                -10-20-2008, 04:24 AM
                              Working...
                              X