• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Things I Think Will Happen This Sunday vs. Seattle

First, my prediction...

Rams 24
    Seahawks 19

And, for the specifics...

1. The Rams' pass rush will have a big day on Sunday. I'll predict at least 3 sacks and 6 QB hits.

2. Containing Russell Wilson will be a key. He'll get a couple of 10+ yard runs, as protecting the edge has been an issue.

3. Cooper Kupp will lead the Rams in receptions.

4. Gerald Everett will have 50+ yards receiving.

5. Todd Gurley will find the going tough against the Seahawks' D, but he'll still manage 90+ yards from scrimmage.

6. Jared Goff will have more of a "game manager" performance this week, as McVay will protect him with quick, short throws. I expect efficiency, though, and will predict a passer rating of 90+.

7. Tavon Austin will finally break a 20+ yard play on a run or short pass play with yac.

8. Seattle will get hit with at least two key holding penalties as their OL continues to struggle.

9. Jimmy Graham will give the Rams some trouble.

10. This will be an early lead/hold on type of game, rather than a come from behind situation.

I admire your putting these predictions out their. If you ever hit on all 10, we may have to all pitch in for you to enjoy a trip to the Coliseum for a game. I know I would kick in at least $20, and more if I can do it without my accountant (err, wife) finding out.

gap

Comment

Originally posted by gap View Post
      I admire your putting these predictions out their. If you ever hit on all 10, we may have to all pitch in for you to enjoy a trip to the Coliseum for a game. I know I would kick in at least $20, and more if I can do it without my accountant (err, wife) finding out.

gap
      Thanks!

While I don't expect to make the cross-country trek to see a Rams game any time soon (maybe when the new house opens?), I'm looking forward to seeing them 2 hours away in Jacksonville a week from Sunday!

Comment

Only thing I don't think will happen is the Jimmy Graham one. Rams have the highest blitz rate in the NFL right now and Seattle will struggle to protect Wilson with the OL against a standard four man rush. I imagine Graham will be forced to do a lot of blocking to just help Wilson get some passes off.
        @EssexRam_

Comment

So... how did I do?

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
          First, my prediction...

Rams 24
          Seahawks 19
          I, of course, had the wrong outcome.

1. The Rams' pass rush will have a big day on Sunday. I'll predict at least 3 sacks and 6 QB hits.
          I was right on the numbers, though Wilson escaped pressure too many times.

2. Containing Russell Wilson will be a key. He'll get a couple of 10+ yard runs, as protecting the edge has been an issue.
          Wilson did not have a lot of rushing yards, but his mobility was certainly a factor.

3. Cooper Kupp will lead the Rams in receptions.
          Woods lead with 5.

4. Gerald Everett will have 50+ yards receiving.
          Oops! Wrong TE. Higbee had 98 yards.

5. Todd Gurley will find the going tough against the Seahawks' D, but he'll still manage 90+ yards from scrimmage.
          Gurley was held to 50 yards, though he only had 14 carries and 4 targets.

6. Jared Goff will have more of a "game manager" performance this week, as McVay will protect him with quick, short throws. I expect efficiency, though, and will predict a passer rating of 90+.
          Goff had a tough day. I think McVay's abandoning of Gurley in the run game had a lot to do with that, though.

7. Tavon Austin will finally break a 20+ yard play on a run or short pass play with yac.
          Got that one.

8. Seattle will get hit with at least two key holding penalties as their OL continues to struggle.
          Well, they held a lot, but it wasn't called.

9. Jimmy Graham will give the Rams some trouble.
          I'd say I was right on that one, as he scored the Hawks' only TD.

10. This will be an early lead/hold on type of game, rather than a come from behind situation.
          In the end, it was both.

Comment

Working...
          X