A Coaching Staff That Can Make Adjustments, What A Concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Coaching Staff That Can Make Adjustments, What A Concept

After years of watching a coaching staff that had no clue how to make any type of effective adjustments, especially at halftime, it's so encouraging to see a staff that can make decisions to right the ship, and actually win games as a result. McVay and Phillips have time and time again, shown an ability to alter the plan when things are not going right. The Dallas game is a perfect example, most notably on defense. Dallas ran wild in the first half with over 130 yards, but less than 60 in the second half. They scored 24 points in the first half, but only 6 in the second. And they finally figured out a way to shut down an opposing TE, holding Jason Witten to a single catch.

If the trend is any indication, things will only improve. This Sunday will be a big test, but I finally have faith in the coaching staff to do what it takes to make adjustments, and win games.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-06-2017, 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    After years of watching a coaching staff that had no clue how to make any type of effective adjustments, especially at halftime, it's so encouraging to see a staff that can make decisions to right the ship, and actually win games as a result. McVay and Phillips have time and time again, shown an ability to alter the plan when things are not going right. The Dallas game is a perfect example, most notably on defense. Dallas ran wild in the first half with over 130 yards, but less than 60 in the second half. They scored 24 points in the first half, but only 6 in the second. And they finally figured out a way to shut down an opposing TE, holding Jason Witten to a single catch.

If the trend is any indication, things will only improve. This Sunday will be a big test, but I finally have faith in the coaching staff to do what it takes to make adjustments, and win games.
    I am really looking forward to this game. Absolutely spot on regarding "adjustments; for years other teams made "adjustments" - not the Rams. It truly is beginning to look like a new chapter for Ram fans.

It should be entertaining watching Aaron D. and Quinn reacquaint themselves with their old buddy Russell Wilson. Barron and Tree will join in the fun as well. Too bad Joyner is dinged up - I'm wondering if he's going to be available.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more, Mike. I posted this earlier, but IMO McVay is trying to lead by example, rather than the pontificating Jeff Fisher employed. Much of that is because McVay has limited experience, so to establish cred with the players he works real hard and expects them to work as hard too. The beauty is having Wade Phillips to act as a sounding board for McVay to check with if his ideas are reasonable. Others like Greg Olsen and Matt LeFleur deserve credit too.

Maui, I agree with you about having Joyner available. With a banged up running game Seattle will probably pass around 40 or more times.

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	inconceivable.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	815770

Comment

Working...
        X