Rams v Jags predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams v Jags predictions

After a tough loss for Rams and a surprising Jacksonville victory over Steel Curtain, these two teams meet for only the fifth time. The Rams hold the edge 3-1. The Jag's seem to be a bit of a juggernaut. A few Clan members will be present at game.......

Rams 31
    Jags 20

What do you think?

Rams 23
    Jaguars 17

Comment

This is going to be a very tough game for us offensively...

The Jaguars have a stout front seven led by Ram-killer Calais Campbell. The CB duo consisting of Jalen Ramsey and A.J Buoye will probably squash all hopes of Watkins and Woods having productive days.

The key to beat these guys is to utilize Gurley through a variety of short passing plays to give him the ball in space, as well as find ways to get Higbee and Everett opportunities.

I don't see the Jag's passing attack giving us any problems, but we may struggle with Fournette if Ogletree and Barron relapse from last week.

Rams: 17
      Jags: 14

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRam View Post
        This is going to be a very tough game for us offensively...

The Jaguars have a stout front seven led by Ram-killer Calais Campbell. The CB duo consisting of Jalen Ramsey and A.J Buoye will probably squash all hopes of Watkins and Woods having productive days.

The key to beat these guys is to utilize Gurley through a variety of short passing plays to give him the ball in space, as well as find ways to get Higbee and Everett opportunities.

I don't see the Jag's passing attack giving us any problems, but we may struggle with Fournette if Ogletree and Barron relapse from last week.

Rams: 17
        Jags: 14
        Don't the Jags allow nearly 150 yards rushing a game?

Gurley is the key to this game offensively. If they can't stop the run, everything else opens up of course.

Same with the Rams D if they do indeed relapse in the run game. If it's a shootout, I trust the Rams for once lol

Comment

As a resident of upstate NY I am a fan of Syracuse football and I root for the Bills. I personally can not stand Doug Marrone. I would love to see the Rams wipe the floor with the Jaguars. Jacksonville has assembled a tough defense, but Bortles is due to give a game away like he has done so many times before.

Rams - 35
          Jags - 6

Comment

I think that already the Rams have shown the ability to not repeat mistakes from the prior game. We will succeed with a strong game from Gurley.

Rams - 21
            Jags - 14

Comment

Originally posted by MrOrange View Post
              As a resident of upstate NY I am a fan of Syracuse football and I root for the Bills. I personally can not stand Doug Marrone. I would love to see the Rams wipe the floor with the Jaguars. Jacksonville has assembled a tough defense, but Bortles is due to give a game away like he has done so many times before.

Rams - 35
              Jags - 6
              Personal feelings aside, an argument can be made Marrone shouldn't have lost his job with Buffalo after going 9-7. They then hired league buffoon Rex Ryan- and we all know how THAT worked out. The Jags are no longer a laughingstock, so maybe you have to give the devil his due.

I'm always more concerned about what WE do rather than what the opponent presents. And if we play like we're capable, there's no reason we shouldn't win. If we force Bortles into being Bortles, it could get ugly, as he's more than capable of imploding into a 3 INT day. He also could scorch our D-backs if we play beneath our capabilities. He's a great example of a "Jekyll and Hyde" player.

I'm betting Rams will win a close one, with Jacksonville still a little giddy over its win vs. Pittsburgh.

Rams 22
              Jax 16

Comment

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

Personal feelings aside, an argument can be made Marrone shouldn't have lost his job with Buffalo after going 9-7. They then hired league buffoon Rex Ryan- and we all know how THAT worked out. The Jags are no longer a laughingstock, so maybe you have to give the devil his due.

I'm always more concerned about what WE do rather than what the opponent presents. And if we play like we're capable, there's no reason we shouldn't win. If we force Bortles into being Bortles, it could get ugly, as he's more than capable of imploding into a 3 INT day. He also could scorch our D-backs if we play beneath our capabilities. He's a great example of a "Jekyll and Hyde" player.

I'm betting Rams will win a close one, with Jacksonville still a little giddy over its win vs. Pittsburgh.

Rams 22
                Jax 16
                Marrone opted out of his contract in Buffalo. He walked out on them after walking out on Syracuse. Thats where my animosity comes from. Having said that, the man can coach. Hope the Rams can come away with a big win.

Comment

I think this is another Gurley game. He'll have 120ish combined yards and a touch. The Jags are a good team, but I think we can get pressure on Bortles and capitalize on that.

Rams 23
                  Jags 17

Comment

Didn't these guys lose to the Jets already? I'll take Rams 30 Jags 14

Comment

I think this could be a pivotal game for the Rams this week. Can the Rams offense rebound after the Seahawks slowed them down and showed the rest of the league how to stop them? Confidence and momentum are extremely important in the NFL so I see this weeks game being one that'll be a tough to predict so I'm fifty-fifty about this game. The defense will need to step it up this week for the Rams to win. Do I trust them? Absolutely not.!!!!
                      Rams 19 Jags 16.
                      Last edited by GroundDog39; 5 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundDog39 View Post
                        Can the Rams offense rebound after the Seahawks slowed them down and showed the rest of the league how to stop them? .
                        Its fair to say that the Seahawks slowed down the Rams' offense, but only to an extent. The Rams had 375 offensive yards and a 5.3 yards/play average against Seattle, both of which are good numbers. The Rams failed to turn these yards into points due to a bad fumble by Gurley, missed FG by GZ, assorted Red Zone miscues and Kupp failing to come up with a tough, but makeable, catch. So, I'm not sure there's really a "blueprint" there.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

Its fair to say that the Seahawks slowed down the Rams' offense, but only to an extent. The Rams had 375 offensive yards and a 5.3 yards/play average against Seattle, both of which are good numbers. The Rams failed to turn these yards into points due to a bad fumble by Gurley, missed FG by GZ, assorted Red Zone miscues and Kupp failing to come up with a tough, but makeable, catch. So, I'm not sure there's really a "blueprint" there.

Just my $0.02.
                          I totally agree about last weeks game versus the Hawks. No doubt the Rams played a major role in causing their own downfall last week and on the whole, I don't think last week's loss is a sign of things to come for this Rams team, but the loss could have a little adverse effect on the team's confidence going into this week's game versus the Jags. I know there has definitely been a big shift in the quality of their football, and I love the direction of the team going forward. But I have to be honest and say I still don't fully trust this young Rams team both offensively and defensively until they've been able to show me a better level of consistency over more of an extended period of time. Surely you understand where I'm coming from.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GroundDog39 View Post

I totally agree about last weeks game versus the Hawks. No doubt the Rams played a major role in causing their own downfall last week and on the whole, I don't think last week's loss is a sign of things to come for this Rams team, but the loss could have a little adverse effect on the team's confidence going into this week's game versus the Jags. I know there has definitely been a big shift in the quality of their football, and I love the direction of the team going forward. But I have to be honest and say I still don't fully trust this young Rams team both offensively and defensively until they've been able to show me a better level of consistency over more of an extended period of time. Surely you understand where I'm coming from.!!!
                            I do understand.

But, don't call me Shirley.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post

I do understand.

But, don't call me Shirley.
                              What.??? I wouldn't do that.
                              Last edited by GroundDog39; 5 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X