malcolm brown out with knee injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malcolm brown out with knee injury

Per ESPN, malcolm brown apparently suffered a knee injury and may need surgery. Bummer, he was running hard and was a solid backup and special teams guy. Dunbar has been practicing and we have until the end of next week to bring him back from the PUP, or we can go with justin davis as the backup (which is highly suspect to me given limited pass blocking skills and fumble issues, also, he is not a big back). The injury must have happened at the very end of the giants game, maybe on the play where brown fumbled at the end but we recovered.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Might be worth considering bringing Sam Rogers up off the practice squad or, if they prefer a vet, DeAngelo Williams is unsigned.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-09-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Thats not good, he had turned into a viable 2nd and great change of pace to Gurly

Comment

Think SJ39 still has anything in the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez View Post
          Thats not good, he had turned into a viable 2nd and great change of pace to Gurly
          On paper he's perhaps the 2nd stringer behind Gurley... but in reality, he's the 3rd back on the roster.

I liked Brown a lot last year, but so far haven't really been impressed with him this year. Solid but unspectacular backup. I'd like to be the first one to say, "Bring Back Benny"!, but in the real world, this is likely an opening for Dunbar to get an opportunity to play a bit of his 1 year contract. But if his health is still a concern, I can see Sam Rogers (as AV points out) getting called up. Would be cool to see him play. He'd give the team some size behind Gurley, while Tavon and Davis would remain as the scat backs.

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
            Rams drained that tank years ago.... just ask the Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
              He might - he's healthy. It would be his final chance to get a ring - wouldn't it be classic if it were to be with the Rams. That said, it seems he's moved on to other passions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMM...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                Might be worth considering bringing Sam Rogers up off the practice squad or, if they prefer a vet, DeAngelo Williams is unsigned.

I was hoping Rodgers would make the final roster. It is impossible to know how much he has progressed at this point in his first season on the PS, but I still think there is something special about the kid. I hope Sam eventually gets a shot on the Rams active roster.

Comment

Why not give Justin Davis some runs?

Comment

It'll probably be Lance Dunbar to replace the injured Brown. I can see Dunbar breaking some big runs if he gets the same blocking as Malcolm Brown. Dunbar is no joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X