malcolm brown out with knee injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malcolm brown out with knee injury

Per ESPN, malcolm brown apparently suffered a knee injury and may need surgery. Bummer, he was running hard and was a solid backup and special teams guy. Dunbar has been practicing and we have until the end of next week to bring him back from the PUP, or we can go with justin davis as the backup (which is highly suspect to me given limited pass blocking skills and fumble issues, also, he is not a big back). The injury must have happened at the very end of the giants game, maybe on the play where brown fumbled at the end but we recovered.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Might be worth considering bringing Sam Rogers up off the practice squad or, if they prefer a vet, DeAngelo Williams is unsigned.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-09-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Thats not good, he had turned into a viable 2nd and great change of pace to Gurly

Comment

Think SJ39 still has anything in the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by RamDez View Post
          Thats not good, he had turned into a viable 2nd and great change of pace to Gurly
          On paper he's perhaps the 2nd stringer behind Gurley... but in reality, he's the 3rd back on the roster.

I liked Brown a lot last year, but so far haven't really been impressed with him this year. Solid but unspectacular backup. I'd like to be the first one to say, "Bring Back Benny"!, but in the real world, this is likely an opening for Dunbar to get an opportunity to play a bit of his 1 year contract. But if his health is still a concern, I can see Sam Rogers (as AV points out) getting called up. Would be cool to see him play. He'd give the team some size behind Gurley, while Tavon and Davis would remain as the scat backs.

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
            Rams drained that tank years ago.... just ask the Falcons

Comment

Originally posted by chucknbob View Post
              He might - he's healthy. It would be his final chance to get a ring - wouldn't it be classic if it were to be with the Rams. That said, it seems he's moved on to other passions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdMM...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
                Might be worth considering bringing Sam Rogers up off the practice squad or, if they prefer a vet, DeAngelo Williams is unsigned.

I was hoping Rodgers would make the final roster. It is impossible to know how much he has progressed at this point in his first season on the PS, but I still think there is something special about the kid. I hope Sam eventually gets a shot on the Rams active roster.

Comment

Why not give Justin Davis some runs?

Comment

It'll probably be Lance Dunbar to replace the injured Brown. I can see Dunbar breaking some big runs if he gets the same blocking as Malcolm Brown. Dunbar is no joke.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• general counsel
                      brown injury update
                      general counsel
                      Brown has an injured clavicle. Same injury as Woods had last year. May well miss some time. Big loss, especially in pass protection and on special teams. Kelly and Davis will fill in. More workload for gurley, especially on third downs. Let's hope that we can get him back soon, i really hope we dont have to put him on IR, a guy that will help in the playoffs.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -12-03-2018, 08:06 PM
                    • Nick
                      Brown Hopes to be the Right Choice at Tackle
                      Nick
                      Brown Hopes to be the Right Choice at Tackle
                      Friday, April 15, 2005
                      By Nick Wagoner
                      Staff Writer

Jammal Brown always knew that one day he would be lining up in the trenches in the NFL. According to Brown, it was predestined that one day he would be going head to head with someone about his size on Sundays.

Of course, Brown always thought he would be doing his business on the defensive side of the ball. Coming out of McArthur High in Lawton, Okla., Brown was one of the top defensive tackles in the nation. After committing to the home-state Sooners, Brown arrived ready to put pressure on the quarterback.

When Oklahoma asked him to protect the signal-caller instead, Brown thought about transferring. All he ever wanted was to play defense and nearly moved to Miami to become a Hurricane.

Four years later, here Brown sits as one of the top offensive tackles awaiting his fate in the April 23 NFL Draft. Standing 6-feet-6 and 313 pounds, Brown possesses excellent quickness and burst off the ball. But it is his mean, nasty streak that sets him apart from other tackles.

In his final two years at Oklahoma, Brown allowed just one sack, a testament to his spiteful disposition on the football field.

“I just know that I was always taught to not let anybody get near your quarterback, so that’s what I did,” Brown said. “It’s a personal thing because you don’t want those guys just to beat you and all of the fingers will be pointing at you. So, I just make sure that no one comes close to him.”

Brown’s quarterback, Jason White, was so well protected that he won the Heisman Trophy two seasons ago and finished in the top five last year. In fact, Brown and the rest of the offensive line were so dominant this past season that running back Adrian Peterson was also a Heisman finalist. Brown earned the Outland Trophy as the nation’s top interior lineman for his efforts in 2004.

Things haven’t been easy for Brown throughout his college career, though. He suffered a serious knee sprain in fall camp before the 2000 season. He missed the entire year. Then, in his final college game, against USC in the Orange Bowl, Brown suffered a left shoulder strain. The injury wasn’t serious, but also came in the middle of a shellacking by the Trojans adding insult to injury.

Since that final game, Brown has done nothing to hurt his draft stock. He is clearly one of the three best tackles in the draft after having an impressive pro day at Oklahoma and running a solid 5.01 in the 40-yard dash at the combine.

One thing Brown has going for him is the fact that he is pretty much built to play right tackle because of his run blocking ability. He will probably be the second offensive tackle off the board after Florida State’s Alex Barron. One team that could have its eyes on Brown is St. Louis.

In need of a right...
                      -04-18-2005, 04:41 AM
                    • RamWraith
                      Brown Happy to Be Back
                      RamWraith
                      Thursday, October 4, 2007

By Nick Wagoner
                      Senior Writer

Like any other Rams fan watching the team the past four weeks, Fakhir Brown couldn’t help but be frustrated as he watched his team fall to 0-4.

And Brown knows exactly what it was like to be a Rams fan the past four weeks. After a suspension for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, Brown was forced to miss the first four games. At least in terms of playing in the games.

But Brown wasn’t about to let a suspension force him to miss the games altogether. Brown attended all four games and did it like any other fan. He walked up to the ticket office, forked over face value for seats for he and his brother and watched the games from the stands.

“It was hard to sit back, wanting to be out there,” Brown said. “I learned a whole lot and saw a whole lot different things than being out there on the field. In a way I got something out of it. I really wanted to be out there playing.”

While Brown felt the frustration of the team’s difficult start like any fan, he is different from them. He can actually do something about it.

Brown returned to the practice field Wednesday morning for the first time since the conclusion of the preseason. After a plethora of injuries and a pair of suspensions, getting back any healthy starters is a plus for the banged up Rams.

Coach Scott Linehan said he could tell Brown was back immediately and Brown was instantly plugged back into the lineup as a starter.

“It was noticeable having him back out there, getting hands on balls, and tight on coverage,” Linehan said. “It’s nice to have him back out there. My message to the football team was, ‘we started our climb back into being healthy and getting our roster back into place with Fakhir being out there and Richie (Incognito) being out there today.’ Hopefully we’ve turned a corner.”

The timing of Brown’s return could probably have been a little better considering the success someone named Patrick Crayton had last week against the St. Louis secondary. But in Brown’s absence, young Ron Bartell has played well and established himself as a player capable of handling a starting job.

Also in Brown’s absence, the Rams lost fellow starter Tye Hill to a back injury that has kept him on the sideline since the opener against Carolina.

That injury left Bartell, Lenny Walls and Jonathan Wade as the team’s primary cornerbacks. Upon Brown’s return, though, Linehan and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett wasted no time in putting him back in the starting lineup opposite Bartell and in place of Walls.

Considering Arizona’s talent at wide receiver with the likes of Anquan Boldin (though he’s injured and might not play), Larry Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson, Brown’s return to form will have to be expedited.

“He’s a big guy with...
                      -10-04-2007, 03:43 PM
                    • general counsel
                      jamon brown suspended two games
                      general counsel
                      Jamon brown will miss the first two games of the season for a suspension relating to substance abuse. Depth of offensive line, injuries, suspensions, my number one concern for the year and here we go already. what an idiot.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
                      -07-03-2018, 01:59 PM
                    • Country
                      What if OT Levi Brown is the BPA?
                      Country
                      I have been watching the combine and Levi Brown has been very impressive if Levi Brown is the best player available do the Rams have to look at taking him.

Play him at OG until Pace retires.
                      -02-24-2007, 04:37 PM
                    Working...
                    X