Av's Rams vs. Eagles SPOILERS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Av's Rams vs. Eagles SPOILERS

The Rams continue this week in the toughest stretch of their schedule with a matchup against the Eagles. While Philadelphia slipped a bit last Sunday in Seattle, they are still one of the most complete and dominant teams in the NFL. But.... wow, its great to be able to say this... so are the Rams.

First, the score:

Rams 30
    Eagles 24

And now, the SPOILERS:

1. If you want to slow the Eagles down, the first task is to stop Carson Wentz, right? Wrong. Their running game averages 143.3 yards per game and a 4.6 ypc average. Slowing the running game - which is not the Rams' strong suit, is Task #1. I think that Wade Phillips will come up with something here, and the Rams will hold the Eagles to less than 120 yards rushing and a half yard below their average (i.e. 4.1 ypc or lower).

2. The Rams will sack Carson Wentz 3+ times.

3. Jared Goff will take some hits, but will throw for 300+ yards.

4. Pharoh Cooper will score a TD, but not on a reception (it will be a kick return, punt return, or run).

5. Aaron Donald will have 3+ tackles for loss.

6. Lamarcus Joyner will get another INT.

7. The rooks (Kupp, Everett and Reynolds) will combine for 100+ yards receiving.

8. The Rams will have to defend an onside kick again at the end of the game.

9. Jay Ajayi will give the Rams more trouble than LaGarrette Blount will.

10. Robert Quinn will register a sack for the third consecutive game.

Bonus SPOILER:

11. The Jaguars will defeat the Seahawks 17-16.

Last edited by AvengerRam; 5 days ago.

As i like to say Av, "from your mouth to god's ears"

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Comment

Hopefully, The Rams defense is doing some extra tackling practice this week. Because arm tackling Wentz just won't cut it, so they better remember to wrap this guy up when tackling him. Otherwise, I'm quietly confident we can win this game against the Eagles on Sunday. The Seahawks showed us last week they're not unbeatable. But to win the Rams are going to have to play a complete game this week. It is a big ask for this young Rams team, but its definitely something they're capable of doing. It's all about executing on the day.??

Let's smash em.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundDog39 View Post
        Hopefully, The Rams defense is doing some extra tackling practice this week. Because arm tackling Wentz just won't cut it, so they better remember to wrap this guy up when tackling him.

Let's smash em.
        Agreed. They need to wrap and bring him down, and up high too. If you go low he will still be able to get a throw off. Thing is, if you watch the Eagles, Wentz holds the ball and invites pressure, so the Rams will get to him. Just have to make it count!
        @EssexRam_

Comment

Poor Barwin. I'll bet he's upset his injury will likely keep him from playing his former team. I'm hoping Ebukam, who's rushing ability has appeared to be fantastic, does well with his outside contain. I'm worried the Eagles will expose his side (through TE blocks & Guard pulls) and give Ayaji some room to run on that side of the field (ie. off right tackle; Rams' left side).

Rams will need to be balanced on Sunday, that's for sure.

Comment

I had some good calls (7, 9 and 10), but overall exhausted/disappointed. Tough way to lose... refs didnít help, but we had our chances and didnít get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by AvengerRam View Post
              I had some good calls (7, 9 and 10), but overall exhausted/disappointed. Tough way to lose... refs didnít help, but we had our chances and didnít get it done.
              The last bit is what irks me. We had a shot and didnt succeed.

Comment

Hard lessons educate well.. The penalties and the fumble killed us, but we fought hard.
                "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Comment

Working...
                X