Sean McVay’s Letter to Fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean McVay’s Letter to Fans

Got this in an email today. I think it is a classy and sincere gesture. I am thankful we have another season to look forward to what Sean’s leadership has to offer.

Rams Fan,

On behalf of the Los Angeles Rams, I would like to thank you for your unwavering support and dedication to our team. From our first offseason workout all the way to our first playoff berth since 2004, you were committed to this team and together, we made history.

The Rams won the NFC West championship for the first time in nearly 15 years and we returned playoff football to Los Angeles in front of a crowd of more than 70,000 incredible fans. The Coliseum was electric and we are very appreciative of everyone that was there cheering us on. Although we are disappointed our season ended sooner than we had hoped, we are encouraged by the talent we have in place, the resiliency of our players and coaches, and the passion of our fans. We recognize the role you played in our success and for that we thank you.

This week marks the beginning of an offseason dedicated to improving our football team as we continue our journey to bring home a Super Bowl championship to Los Angeles. As we embark on this next chapter, we hope you extend your support and join us at the Coliseum this fall to recreate Saturday’s Wild Card atmosphere all season long. Together, I am confident we will build a franchise that will make you and the entire Los Angeles community proud.

We are motivated to respond to this challenge and our work for the 2018 season begins now.

Sincerely,

Sean McVay
    Last edited by isaacbruce4ever; 1 week ago.

Good stuff!!!

This needs to be on the front sports page of every newspaper in LA. This is good stuff, and I hope it draws in many more LA RAMS Fans to make the Coliseum a place other teams dread going to.

gap

Comment

I love Sean McVay's leadership and communication skills. Very good move.

Comment

I was so jaded my first thoughts on McVay hire were Sean Spags? Sean Linehan? Who the hell is this guy I was so wrong. this guy is a class act. He is the main reason I have optimism for our future.........Great hire

Comment

Classy letter from a classy coach. We are in good hands fellow Rams fans!!

Comment

Originally posted by RAMarkable View Post

Classy letter from a classy coach. We are in good hands fellow Rams fans!!

Classy indeed, totally agree.

Having class may not win games but it sure is an added bonus, a privilege for the organization and the team.

And for us fans. -

Comment

McVay had a tremendous year as head coach, and he continues to say and do the right things. I'm grateful he is reaching out to fans and showing his appreciation for the 2017 season. He made believers out of fans used to yearly disappointment.

Now, the bar has been raised. Expectations have changed. That's what happens when you're successful- as it should. I expect a solid draft. I expect individual improvement. I expect a return to the playoffs and a better showing once there. I expect a resistance to complacency. McVay's accomplishments with the Rams thus far gives me great hope these will be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
                McVay had a tremendous year as head coach, and he continues to say and do the right things. I'm grateful he is reaching out to fans and showing his appreciation for the 2017 season. He made believers out of fans used to yearly disappointment.

Now, the bar has been raised. Expectations have changed. That's what happens when you're successful- as it should. I expect a solid draft. I expect individual improvement. I expect a return to the playoffs and a better showing once there. I expect a resistance to complacency. McVay's accomplishments with the Rams thus far gives me great hope these will be achieved.
                What he said.

Comment

Great move on Sean's part. So many coaches I feel forget that its the fans who make the wheels turn. Certainly the expectations will increase for next year, but this coaches strikes me as someone who will rise to the challenge and inspire his players to do so as well. Lots to look forward to as a Rams fan.

While it is way too early to decide, the image of Sean McVay could be added to the Mount Rushmore of Rams head coaches. Thus far I've got George Allen, Chuck Knox 1.0 and Dick Vermiel.

Go Rams!

Comment

Originally posted by MDE8352gorams View Post

While it is way too early to decide, the image of Sean McVay could be added to the Mount Rushmore of Rams head coaches. Thus far I've got George Allen, Chuck Knox 1.0 and Dick Vermeil.

Go Rams!

Ahh, that would indeed be a great addition to Mount Rams HCs!

You have the same three on my list: Allen - Knox 1.0 - Vermeil ... McVay? - Do it coach!

Honorable mention: John Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by RealRam View Post

Ahh, that would indeed be a great addition to Mount Rams HCs!

You have the same three on my list: Allen - Knox 1.0 - Vermeil ... McVay? - Do it coach!

Honorable mention: John Robinson.
                      Interesting that you cite John Robinson. While i thought he was a very good coach for us taking us to a lot of playoffs, I never felt he transformed the Rams the way the others did. In fact the only reason I added Vermiel was that he posted our first Super Bowl win. He really disappointed me not by resigning immediately afterwards, but then moving to the KC Chiefs.

Go Rams!

Comment

Working...
                      X