Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On my way to London.. (non football post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way to London.. (non football post)

Well, actually in early - mid July.

Was looking for some Rams types that might be willing to fill me in on the best places to stay, things to see, etc.

Combining vacation with work, so I have some flexibility.

Someone over at the nflfans board (ex rivals, ex postnet) sent me this direction.

Would even be happy to supply some Rams gear to anyone willing to help me out.

Thanks,

STL Ram Fan

Scotland Yes, London no.

If you're just going to be down south I'm not a lot of help but if you're coming North of the border let me know and I'd be more than happy to make suggestions. E mail me at [email protected] if you are going to be able to get out of the smoke .

Anyone else able to help from down south ?

Dod
    :helmet:
    GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

London town (guv)

I don't live in London but I'm down there often enough to know my way around quite well.

Feel free to email me offlist on [email protected] if you want to put any direct questions to me. There's loads to see/do there so it really depends on what you're interested in.

Best

Rob (NoNameRam)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
        I'm not sure if I could support the London Rams.
        by AvengerRam_old
        The NFL announced today that it will increase the number of games played in London next year.

Some have suggested that the league wishes to have a team in London one day.

The Rams have an owner who also owns a sports franchise in London.

While I don't really think it will happen, let me say right now for the record: a move to London might be the only thing I can imagine that would cause me to cease being a Rams fan.

I am that opposed to having a full-time NFL franchise in London.

Frankly, I can't think of any good argument for having an NFL franchise in London (apart from the potential financial benefits to the league, which I don't care about). In terms of tradition, logistics (distance and time zone), the benefit of regional rivalries, and desireability for players, it is an absolutely horrible idea.

So, while I will support the Rams in St. Louis, Los Angeles, or any place in between, I don't ever want to hear about the London Rams.
        -11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
      • Tampa_Ram
        Going to london for new years!!
        by Tampa_Ram
        I know some of you fellow clannies live in england and was just wondering if there was any cool sites or activities to do there. Me and my wife are staying right next to Hyde park. Thanks for any input or suggestions!!!!
        -12-22-2012, 01:40 PM
      • AvengerRam_old
        To our friends in London - Be Safe
        by AvengerRam_old
        I believe we have a few members who reside in London. In the wake of this morning's attack by the terrorist scum that plague the civilized world, I just wanted to say be careful and be safe.
        -07-07-2005, 10:01 AM
      • rampower
        Rams in London
        by rampower
        Anybody going to the rams London game V giants in twickenham?

It would be nice to bump into people/Clan rammers.

I might even have a spare face value ticket if anybody is struggling, but you'd be sat next to me :/

I don't know the area so I don't know if there a pub that many will go to, but I am sure there will be a tailgate??
        -06-28-2016, 12:23 PM
      • Nick
        Channing Crowder is either an idiot or a comic genius
        by Nick
        Crowder learns he wonít need translator in London
        By Tim Graham
        Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 07:54 PM

Maybe he was joking, but gregarious Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder confessed today he didnít know until Tuesday that people spoke English in London.

Crowder, a former Florida Gator and Atlanta native, apparently isnít sure where the plane is headed when it takes off this afternoon for Sundayís game against the New York Giants in Wembley Stadium.

ďI couldnít find London on a map if they didnít have the names of the countries,Ē Crowder said. ďI swear to God. I donít know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that.

ďI know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. Thatís the closest thing I know to London. Heís black, so Iím sure heís not from London. Iím sure thatís a coincidental name.Ē

When reminded Dolphins practice squad receiver and NFL Europe veteran Marvin Allen is from London, Crowderís standup routine didnít miss a beat.

ďHeís from London?Ē Crowder said. ďI knew he was from over there because he talks funny. I was surprised (when they met) because ó I donít want to say he didnít look the part because thatís a stereotype ó but he didnít look the part. I heard him talk, and I thought he had a recorder and was just mouthing.Ē
        -10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
      Working...
      X