Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On my way to London.. (non football post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way to London.. (non football post)

Well, actually in early - mid July.

Was looking for some Rams types that might be willing to fill me in on the best places to stay, things to see, etc.

Combining vacation with work, so I have some flexibility.

Someone over at the nflfans board (ex rivals, ex postnet) sent me this direction.

Would even be happy to supply some Rams gear to anyone willing to help me out.

Thanks,

STL Ram Fan

Scotland Yes, London no.

If you're just going to be down south I'm not a lot of help but if you're coming North of the border let me know and I'd be more than happy to make suggestions. E mail me at [email protected] if you are going to be able to get out of the smoke .

Anyone else able to help from down south ?

Dod
    :helmet:
    GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Comment

London town (guv)

I don't live in London but I'm down there often enough to know my way around quite well.

Feel free to email me offlist on [email protected] if you want to put any direct questions to me. There's loads to see/do there so it really depends on what you're interested in.

Best

Rob (NoNameRam)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam_old
        I'm not sure if I could support the London Rams.
        by AvengerRam_old
        The NFL announced today that it will increase the number of games played in London next year.

Some have suggested that the league wishes to have a team in London one day.

The Rams have an owner who also owns a sports franchise in London.

While I don't really think it will happen, let me say right now for the record: a move to London might be the only thing I can imagine that would cause me to cease being a Rams fan.

I am that opposed to having a full-time NFL franchise in London.

Frankly, I can't think of any good argument for having an NFL franchise in London (apart from the potential financial benefits to the league, which I don't care about). In terms of tradition, logistics (distance and time zone), the benefit of regional rivalries, and desireability for players, it is an absolutely horrible idea.

So, while I will support the Rams in St. Louis, Los Angeles, or any place in between, I don't ever want to hear about the London Rams.
        -11-06-2014, 09:23 AM
      • Tampa_Ram
        Going to london for new years!!
        by Tampa_Ram
        I know some of you fellow clannies live in england and was just wondering if there was any cool sites or activities to do there. Me and my wife are staying right next to Hyde park. Thanks for any input or suggestions!!!!
        -12-22-2012, 02:40 PM
      • rampower
        Rams in London
        by rampower
        Anybody going to the rams London game V giants in twickenham?

It would be nice to bump into people/Clan rammers.

I might even have a spare face value ticket if anybody is struggling, but you'd be sat next to me :/

I don't know the area so I don't know if there a pub that many will go to, but I am sure there will be a tailgate??
        -06-28-2016, 01:23 PM
      • r8rh8rmike
        No Rest For Weary Rams In London
        by r8rh8rmike
        No rest for weary Rams in London

4 hours ago STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

LONDON Things are moving quickly for Sam Bradford and the St. Louis Rams as they deal with a change of continents and time zones.

Now their bodies just have to catch up in time for the annual NFL game in London on Sunday against the New England Patriots.

The Rams arrived at Heathrow airport early Tuesday morning, and a few hours later they were on a wet field in Regents Park in central London doing drills with about 500 local school children to show off the American version of football.

"I think everyone was a little bit tired on the bus ride here," Bradford said, "but that's why we got here so early in the week so that we could acclimate ourselves to the jet lag and get accustomed to the time difference. So hopefully by Sunday it'll be a non-factor."

In his live chat that's underway on the STLtoday.com website, Post-Dispatch football writer Jim Thomas was asked about the team's arrival in London. Thomas replied:

"So far so good in London. Very good hospitality. Long flight, not much sleep for the players. They arrived in London about 2:30 a.m. STL time (8:30 a.m London time), took a long bus ride to their hotel to check in, and then after about an hour at the hotel, the players took another long bus ride into London for a Play 60 event where they worked with London youth on some football drills.

"I think it's a good thing that the Rams are spending the entire week out here, to help get the jet lag out of their systems. Interestingly, New England isn't coming out here until Friday morning."

About the Rams' accommodations in London, Thomas said:

"I'm not going to mention the hotel actually it's more like a country estate about 35 minutes' drive from Heathrow airport. Rolling hills, quaint cottages, cattle grazing, the whole bit. Plus a golf course, on site!

"But at the end of the week, the Rams are switching to a downtown London hotel (again, I'm not going to name it), I guess to have a shorter ride Sunday to Wembley Stadium and a quicker ride to the airport Monday morning. They can't leave until Monday morning because of air traffic regulations at Heathrow."

Sunday's game will kick off at noon St. Louis time (5 p.m. in London; daylight savings time ends there this weekend).

As the home team in the sixth regular-season game played in Britain, Bradford said the Rams are also taking their ambassadorial duties seriously and want to have a visible presence in London to help boost the game's popularity.

"I think it would be really easy for us to come over here and lock ourselves up at the hotel and just go through our normal routines," Bradford said. "But I think this is a great chance for the NFL to expand...
        -10-23-2012, 05:25 PM
      • AvengerRam_old
        To our friends in London - Be Safe
        by AvengerRam_old
        I believe we have a few members who reside in London. In the wake of this morning's attack by the terrorist scum that plague the civilized world, I just wanted to say be careful and be safe.
        -07-07-2005, 11:01 AM
      Working...
      X