X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rampower
    • Apr 2001

Super bowl push????

I am always intrigued when people (media)start talking about a Super Bowl push. Then rival fans start mocking you for all the signings you make.

isn’t this what all 32 teams are trying to do?

is not the Super Bowl the endgame for everybody ?

doesn’t every single team try to improve every off-season ?

We have signed suh to one year.

We have improved and reduced the cost of our secondary.

We refused to overpay Watkins.

We shed players who who had high wages and some that didn’t fit our new system.

I really don’t think we have mortgaged our future to try and win this year. Unless we throw the sink at New York for obj. Who I don’t want to throw too much away to get.

But so far, I do not see anything but good business.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?
  • MauiRam
    Rams Nation MVP
    • May 2004

Spot on J! The icing on the "good business" cake for me would be a rematch with the Patriots - a profound thrashing of that team would absolute bliss ..

Comment

• cowboyhater
      • Jan 2005

I think we are one more year away. New signings have to gel. Goff needs a touch more seasoning.
      Kroenke would want the big run to coincide with the new stadium, I suspect. 2019.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AvengerRam
        Super Bowl in New Stadium Pushed Back Too
        by AvengerRam
        Of course... if the Rams make the 2021 Super Bowl, its only a 2 hour drive for me to Tampa, so......
        -05-23-2017, 12:49 PM
      • steviej
        Super Bowl?
        by steviej
        When will we get into the Super Bowl?
        Steven Jackson gets atleast 1,300 yards in one season
        16.67%
        we get atleast 11 wins
        27.78%
        Marc Bulger has 35 td's in a season
        27.78%
        Torry Holt and Mard Bulger hook-up atleast 10 times
        5.56%
        When hell freezes over
        22.22%
        -12-29-2005, 05:10 PM
      • RAMBLE_ON
        Tale of the same city
        by RAMBLE_ON
        Just a little fun for a Friday.

Since the inception of the Super Bowl there have been
        six occasions when during a MLB and NFL season
        the same city was represented in their respective
        championship that same season.

1970 World Series 1971 Super Bowl
        Baltimore Orioles-W Baltimore Colts-W

1979 World Series 1980 Super Bowl
        Pittsburgh Pirates-W Pittsburgh Steelers-W against our RAMS!!!

1980 World Series 1981 Super Bowl
        Philadelphia Phillies-W Philadelphia Eagles-L

1986 World Series 1987 Super Bowl
        New York Mets-W New York Giants-W

1989 World Series 1990 Super Bowl
        San Francisco Giants-L San Francisco *****-W

2003 World Series 2004 Super Bowl
        Boston Red Sox-W New England Patriots-W

You see were I'm going here...If the Cardinals can make it to the World Series, we (being the RAMS) can add to the list.

I know every city in contention for the World Series
        can have their NFL representative in the mix this year,
        but it would be ironic if that were to happen, for one it would be in consecutive years and if you look closely that was accomplished in 1979 through 1981 and that was done by the same state which is even more astonishing.

GO RAMS
        BEAT TENNESSEE
        -09-23-2005, 10:31 AM
      • Rams13
        Super Bowl XIV
        by Rams13
        We all remember Super Bowl XXXIV really well and talk allot about it. However lets talk about Super Bowl XIV for a moment, what are your thoughts on that game? The Rams really should have won that game and really put a scare into the Steelers. If only that wide open receiver had been noticed at the end of the game we would have won it actually. The Rams knocked on the door so much in the 1970's but only had 1 chance against the Steelers and we came up short. All in all my point is that even though we lost against the Steelers the Rams were one of the best teams during the 1970's but because of only making the Super Bowl once that decade and losing they don't have much to show for it. Us fans will always be greatful for those memories however. GO RAMS!
        -07-27-2001, 03:56 PM
      • r8rh8rmike
        No Tailgating At Super Bowl
        by r8rh8rmike
        No tailgating at Super Bowl

Updated: December 9, 2013, 4:04 PM ET
        By Jane McManus | ESPNNewYork.com

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Forget about setting up those kegs or buffet tables in the parking lot before this season's Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium. There will be no tailgating, according to the game's committee CEO, Al Kelly.

"You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in your car," Kelly said. "And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car. However, you're not going to be able to take out a lounge chair, you're not going to be able to take out a grill, and you're not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it'll all be watched very carefully."

NFLYou will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in you car. And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car.
        ” -- Al Kelly, Super Bowl committee

The tailgating news came during the committee's Monday news conference regarding transportation and safety for the Feb. 2, 2014, game.

There will be only three ways for the expected 80,000 ticket holders to get to the game. The committee will charter buses called the Fan Express, which will cost $51 and pick up and drop off passengers at nine locations around the region. Fans can also take N.J. Transit to the MetLife Stadium stop or be dropped off by vehicles that must have parking passes.

There will be fewer than 13,000 parking spots available for fans.

And hiring a black car, taxi or limo won't be an option for VIPs who will spend thousands of dollars per ticket. No cars will be allowed near the stadium on game day without parking passes, and any car that drops off a passenger will have to wait at the stadium.

"Nobody's going to be dropped off by black car," Kelly said. "You can have a black car, a green car, a white car, a red car as long as you have parking, and the car needs to stay on the premises the entire time."

Fans who had considered parking farther from the stadium and getting there on foot will not be allowed to enter.

"You cannot walk to the Super Bowl," Kelly said. "You can get your hotel to drop you off at one of the New Jersey Transit locations or get the shuttle to take you to a Fan Express location, but you cannot walk."

Ultimately, Kelly said he expects that between 70 and 80 percent of all ticket holders will get to the game via public transportation or shuttle bus. There will be 1,600 parking spots for buses.

The reduced parking capacity is a result of the large security perimeter needed for the Super Bowl. Fans will have to go through security screenings at the train station and again at the...
        -12-10-2013, 02:56 PM
      Working...
      X